Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're really tight for list spots and money. He might not be in demand given the type of player he is.

Crows are nuts letting him go, did you see him on the weekend, think he ended up with 29 touches and a goal against the Dees, he's 31 next month so probably has a couple good years left.

Returning to BigFooty after an abscence, just want to add a few thoughts.
Tallia, although free, won’t work for us as he has never shown an ability to be a reliable intercept marking defender, which is key to our system. Even in our “lockdown” defenders, we expect an ability to read play and peel off.
Narkle is a must keep. Give him 2 years on decent wages and kick that can down the road he’s worth the punt, talent is widely obvious. Needs to add versatility and defense in the short term but has too much upside to let go yet.
Menengola is going to seek a move. We need to decide whether we can get an upgrade in that position, if not, keep him, again on a two year deal.
Small forward: our biggest list weakness in my opinion. We need to draft or trade for an elite small forward. Close is already underrated, but meirs lacks elite decision making and Dahlhaus is approaching the age curve like a mfer.
ruck: Stanley is fine, honestly he is.His work rate and fitness means he fits our system well. We will need to revisit this in 12-24 months but is not a 2022 priority.
Clarke will go, the club knows this, or they wouldn’t have drafted Holmes last year: which shows great thinking even if the talent ID looks a little shaky at this stage.
Henderson is a keep, 12 month deal as per usual
I’m not sure what bews’ contract looks like but if it’s 2 years or less I’d like to resign him to protect the asset value. Only going up- and he’s extremely underrated, one of the main reasons I’m not as concerned as others might be about the Stewart energy- has JJ 2016 energy.
we need a right side wingman replacement if Stewart is out long term and ZTneeds to go back. We also need to consider that position in the long term, so a draft or a young trade feels ideal. I wonder if Close or Meirs could be the answer here.

that’ll probably do, but I have HEapS of hot takes to go on with

Tallia, although free, won’t work for us as he has never shown an ability to be a reliable intercept marking defender, which is key to our system. Even in our “lockdown” defenders, we expect an ability to read play and peel off.
Narkle is a must keep. Give him 2 years on decent wages and kick that can down the road he’s worth the punt, talent is widely obvious. Needs to add versatility and defense in the short term but has too much upside to let go yet.
Menengola is going to seek a move. We need to decide whether we can get an upgrade in that position, if not, keep him, again on a two year deal.
Small forward: our biggest list weakness in my opinion. We need to draft or trade for an elite small forward. Close is already underrated, but meirs lacks elite decision making and Dahlhaus is approaching the age curve like a mfer.
ruck: Stanley is fine, honestly he is.His work rate and fitness means he fits our system well. We will need to revisit this in 12-24 months but is not a 2022 priority.
Clarke will go, the club knows this, or they wouldn’t have drafted Holmes last year: which shows great thinking even if the talent ID looks a little shaky at this stage.
I’m not sure what bews’ contract looks like but if it’s 2 years or less I’d like to resign him to protect the asset value. Only going up- and he’s extremely underrated, one of the main reasons I’m not as concerned as others might be about the Stewart energy- has JJ 2016 energy.
we need a right side wingman replacement if Stewart is out long term and ZTneeds to go back. We also need to consider that position in the long term, so a draft or a young trade feels ideal. I wonder if Close or Meirs could be the answer here.

Menegola is going to seek a move? He just signed a multi year deal didn’t he?

Interesting that the AFL are looking at a Rookie R to encourage more ruck development. Id think it may be height related to be listed.

I like the intent.. however what we may see is just a transference of players currently on lists to on the Rookie R position.. so there needs to be someway to ensure that the number of potential rucks does increase. Will it be like Rookie B..where you can avoid draft?

There are probably only so many roles at each club for developing rucks so whether clubs are happy to have listed rucks playing for lowers teams? In a way we and the Saints have done that this year.

The idea shows the AFL are aware that the tendency to just pirate other clubs development has seen less rucks being developed.

The Talia observation is what I thought watching his 2020 highlights.

Are you saying we only drafted Holmes because we know Clark will go?

Id like for us to get back to playing two or more green kids like we did when Scott first cam here. Holmes is almost this ... as other could be selected in his stead. They obviously see the inderlying benifit of getting him to 50 plus games aqap. I hope one or two who have not seen much time so far can make inroads next year... so sometimes that means hard choices. It means players that have some potential are give games over others that have potential. Pretty sure Narkle is on another list next year if another club is will to offer him a regular game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menegola was in line to be a DFA at the end of this season meaning he could have gone to which ever team he wanted - instead he signed a 2-year contract extension November last year

Bews re-signed for 3 year just last month, so he won't be going anywhere

Narkle is that almost player, but surely looks more likely to go than stay, and if the offer from us is 2-years, I don't doubt that another team will offer him 3 years

We're really tight for list spots and money. He might not be in demand given the type of player he is.

I suppose you could wait until the SSP and rookie him if no other club makes him an offer (unlikely) but i think we can find a list spot-we will have more of our fringe guys request trades than we think.

Menegola would have been FA this year but he re-signed early he's going nowhere.

Narkle wont be with us next year.

Turbocat What d'ya think of Ed's picks for us in his latest draft update? I think Butler would be a good type but don't know anything about Brown, didn't you mention him earlier this season?

Tom Brown is the non father son of Paul was hoping to see at the champs. Not seen enough of him. Seems like a Wells pick..as if he been fit all year may well have been top20 but may slip. Probably another slow burner more than someone who wwe add and plays from day one... but a lot of that depends on track numbers. As shown with Holmes. There is a bit on Butler in CalT latest vid , I agree not a bad add.

Read something earlier today which I wouldn't be surprised with - look for St Kilda to show interest in Talia

We know that Carlisle has already retired, and wouldn't be surprised to see Frawley retire for a second time in 2 seasons - out of contract after this year and only played the 2 games

They may see the chance to take a risk on Talia to add to their defender ranks

Its not getting any easier to sneak Knevitt ....

One goes up , maybe another kid slides .. the kid Goater likes very handy

Yeah unless we can work a pick swap miracle knevitt is yet another falcon we'll have to wait for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back