Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no price on his head (remember he can nominate salary terms) probably in the teens (around 15 or so where he was originally drafted).
With a price on his head and if he refuses to talk to other clubs (which he would) i cant see any team taking him before 25.

Almost no chance a club takes him before 25 if he isn't talking to them.

Pies are snookered here.

Even if a club did take him in the ND, surely it wouldn't be in the 1st round and interstate club.
So that leaves clubs potentially like the dogs, hawks, dons that may have picks in the 20's before our 25.
But... Henry might prefer to go to them to get out of Collingwood anyway + getting more $$$ from them than what the Pies were offering.

So it could be best case he gets to us, then next best would be going somewhere else non interstate.

He is gone though and they'll trade him to us for sure... It's just a matter of time.
Only thing I hope for is we don't add on extra to that #25.

People that mention anything #7 related to this trade need to be locked up... That's crazy talk.

All in all…

Geelong give: #25, Kreuger, last years pick 55
Collingwood give: Henry last years pick 41

That’s fair - Collingwood are being precious and have no right to be post Trelor and Grundy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Id not totally dismiss the concept considering what it would allow for next year. I don't think you would totally have to trade out of R1 it depends on what number you are think about. The risk is who knows what you turn 7 into ... it could be p20.

There would probably be clubs willing to give us Fr1 and a later pick in 2022.

This is also certainly a possibility. Say Sydney for example trade us 17 and a Future 1st for 7 on the night, we then grab Hotton (if he's still on the board) for example, and get another Future 1st for next year.

We've shown we're happy to both trade in and trade out of the draft on the night, so neither would surprise me all that much.

All in all…

Geelong give: #25, Kreuger, last years pick 55
Collingwood give: Henry last years pick 41

That’s fair - Collingwood are being precious and have no right to be post Trelor and Grundy

Is that all Krueger went for, a pick upgrade..?

I don't think 25 is unders though. Ii don't think the Pies do either but they have to show the feral base that they are least tried to get pick 7.
Have some doubts about the viability of Henry. Doesn’t have much of a tank and our style of play demands it from our small/mid forwards. There’s currently no obvious role for him and that low aerobic capacity reduces his flexibility going forward.

Tellingly, he wasn’t pursued by our recruiters in the ND or subsequently. Pick 25 for us, is slightly overs for mine and will clearly get the deal done.

Flea relegated Oliver to the Collingwood VFL for the back half of this year and had no interest in fast-tracking his development. One suspects he has lost favour and they are more than happy to move him on.

Last edited:
Have some doubts about the viability of Henry. Doesn’t have much of a tank and our style of play demands it from our small/mid forwards. There’s currently no obvious role for him and that low aerobic capacity reduces his flexibility going forward.

Tellingly, he wasn’t pursued by our recruiters in the ND or subsequently. Pick 25 for us, is slightly overs for mine and will clearly get the deal done.

Flea relegated Oliver to the Collingwood VFL for the back half of this year and had no interest in developing him. One suspects he has lost favour and they are more than happy to move him on.
Dropped to the twos equals they had no interest in developing him? Interesting take.

Is it really unders?

Henry wasn't in their best 23 come finals and is out of contract - it would seem pretty spot on, especially when compared with other trades already completed

Just because he was drafted in the first round doesn't mean he's held that value 2 years on

Definitely unders IMO. A second year forward not being in a club’s best 23 come finals is not an issue, FWIW Hawkins wasn’t in our finals team in his second season either (not comparing the two as players - just pointing out that there’s nothing uncommon about a talented player taking time to find consistency).

Ollie still finished 4th in Collingwood’s goalkicking this year - he sealed games v Hawthorn and Carlton with clutch sets shots late in the game and he kicked four v Freo after coming on as the sub.

Pies fans are not exaggerating when they say he’s their second best young prospect behind N Daicos.

I would have traded #18 for him in a heartbeat and sorted something else for Bruhn. If we get him for #25 it will go down as one of our biggest steals in recent history.

Best thing about the Bruhn and Henry carry on is that it fires another warning shot over the bow of opposition list managers and puts doubts in their minds when looking at Geelong kids.

The go home factor right now is real and there for all to see. The advantage that might give us with Clark is not to be overlooked. If clubs are tossing up between Clark and player X, perhaps the current Henry Bruhn matters are cause for a rethink.

Perhaps some clubs are saying leave Clark if he’s in the mix because there’s a heightened flight risk in 2 years. It won’t always be the case so I think Geelong are rightly going to take that advantage while they have it. And player managers know that right now as well, and will seize the same negotiating position when it comes to getting their players to their preferred clubs.

According to one player manager it was a factor with Toby Conway. There were a couple of clubs very keen but they opted out because of flight risk.

Is that all Krueger went for, a pick upgrade..?

Yep because Geelong realise you win some you lose some - Kreuger had a contract offer from cats but wanted to play forward and there wasn’t a spot for him given hawk and Cameron and Rohan

So cats helped him get where he wanted to go

Collingwood on the other hand trade in mcstay and bobby hill

In fairness I think they will accept 25 and the above criticism is redundant

Is 25 under's for Henry? No its not but it depends on how you define unders.

There are numerious example of player drafted then being traded for less than the pick used. It would seem to me if its the normal situation to drop from your draft pick number its not unders. Bruhn was 12 and now 18. Seems to flow on that 17 into 25 is about right.

Otehr say he has done this and that and not all drafts are the same ..and this one is being acknowledged as weak,. Even 18 is probably not the same as 17 in 2019

The simple fact is picks in a draft are valuable as a players have no hand...and must go to the club that selects them...and a club has a wide choice of who they select. Just where would Henry have gone if he had choice. If his dad had played for Geelomng...if he was a Rookie B? Is there any doubt? He like most other had no choice. but now he has.

I feel all players draft are over valued all based on potential. What is Horne Francis really worth. What he has shown so far he ..is a potentially good player and potentially train wreck if he doesn't get his way. To some degree normal. When the draftee's come into the system they appear far less than they did as juniors. Flaws have been shown up...as they have been for Henry and most others. Its why if he had been at Geelong Bruhn and Henry might not have played much at yet. They might be like Cooper Stephens.

All year there has been debate on his worth and Bruhns worth. Relatively ..I think both would be better than any kid taken at 18... but it just doesn't work like that. The forces of the draft are gone and now a player can choose and if they went to draft , money comes into it as well. If Henry nominated for the National with a contract double what Collingwood offered him ...would they take him? Then they really look like fools. Im not sure he gets to us in the draft, North and Ess have cap room, maybe another clubs does too but the Pies would certainly get zero

Suddenly 25 doesn't look too bad Certainly not hugely unders. The deal gets done especially if we can find other picks , future picks , and shuffle a bit with them to let them save face, allow then to say they got points equivalent of a R1 pick. (or close to it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is also certainly a possibility. Say Sydney for example trade us 17 and a Future 1st for 7 on the night, we then grab Hotton (if he's still on the board) for example, and get another Future 1st for next year.

We've shown we're happy to both trade in and trade out of the draft on the night, so neither would surprise me all that much.
I was thinking Gronksi beat but yes Hotten is one have been linked to apparently... I would not mind us taking a risk in a big kid and just see if time can increase his value. We may also then rethink on Chlosey... And there are other clubs. Id guess

If Clark taken... we then say good luck to him ..but if he is unhappy down the track give us a call... and we trade out.

Go to next year with two r1 picks ..to either take to draft ( abetter draft) or look at trade options, perhaps another brother.

Im not certain what we do till the draft time come imo. but all good and fun times.

It's very similar to the Clark trade last year.

We wanted 19, they offered 22.

In the end a compromise was reached.

We actually wanted 8 at first and they wanted to offer a Pick in the 30's. That's how negotiation works. Problem is, just like Freo last year, we hold far more cards than Collingwood. Also, Clark was at least contracted, but Pies don't even have that. So, their options are:

1. Take Pick 25 as is

2. Hold out until close to the deadline and wait for a better offer/something on top - which we will likely ultimately give in the end - but will still be less than Pies want

3. Throw the toys out of the cot and say they won't trade. Henry then decides whether he wants to stay with them (unlikely given the intel from Jack The Godfather), or he wants to nominate for the PSD (unlikely but could threaten it given his tour of North), or nominate for the draft with clear knowledge provided by his manager that his desire is to get to Geelong (most likely out of the PSD and ND).

For mine, 2 is the most likely given everything we've seen thus far, and past precedent like the Clark trade last year.

That's it. That's all there is. Anything else from Pies fans like 'he'll come back and sign a 3 year deal blah blah blah' is pie in the sky stuff. The reaction from Pies supporters and that whole ridiculous stunt from Jen2310, has assured us that he won't be going back.

Last edited:
Why you say that?
A kid who doesn’t want to work hard, think he’s the local big fish in a small pond.

A what could’ve been player, the type of bloke you see the the pub in 30 years blind drunk telling everyone he could’ve played AFL.

Would prefer a player who wants to work for his chance, not have it given to him because he thinks he’s good enough

Flea relegated Oliver to the Collingwood VFL for the back half of this year and had no interest in fast-tracking his development. One suspects he has lost favour and they are more than happy to move him on.

He was taken in the ND before we had a pick.
We traded in 3 picks later.
Selwood said the two players we wanted to trade in for were holmes or henry.

I dont disagree on your concerns about his role fit though.

He was taken in the ND before we had a pick.
We traded in 3 picks later.
Selwood said the two players we wanted to trade in for were holmes or henry.

I dont disagree on your concerns about his role fit though.
Henry was touted to be a top 10 and not really targeted by the Cats. The were all in on Holmes and traded up with Richmond to get their man.

Not sure if they would have picked Henry over Holmes if he had slipped further to 20... glad it didn't eventuate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back