Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm liking this idea of swapping a future 1st for the pick 7 should the Bowes deal go through as expected. Two 1st picks in next year's draft would give us more chance of picking or trading in a key position player to cover for Hawkins retirement and the Ratugolea departure.

The chances are Collingwood will only be taking 2 picks in the ND. The 3rd will be a rookie upgrade for Noble. We'd be expecting something in the Grundy trade this off season + we have our 1st rounder. There's not the same risk there for us if we walk away from an offer that is under our valuation, especially when we'd be effectively gifting a talented player to one of our toughest competitors.

You are not going to walk away and let him go for nothing. You could trade the pick to Hawthorn for Mitchell and a future pick. Then trade the future pick for Frampton. That gets two of your deals done for you.

Henry is probably worth 17-25 in the open draft. The selling club NEVER gets fair value for a departing non-contracted player.

25 is absolutely on the money for Henry. Considering we lost a pick 15 player who was contracted for 22.

He was not in the pies best 22, is not a guarantee to make it, meaning we are buying on potential and he has some big deficiencies. Henry sought us out we didn’t chase him - I suspect because we don’t have a role in our 22 for him immediately).

Pies can sook it up all they like but get used to accepting 25.

They poached Krueger off us a year before who was actually picked ahead of Henry in September. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

It’ll be 25 for Henry (maybe we throw in 58).

Esava Ratugolea playing alongside Aliir Aliir in defence could be a masterstroke by Port Adelaide.

I have been using this link below to get fast looks at some prospect's stats for the year.

It's pretty good.

I'll admit that I wasn't overly fussed about Clohesy... But the stats shown on his profile are better than I'd expected.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, It's a very handy info tool to check out.

AFL Draft Dossier: Top 2022 prospects from across the country

Last edited:
A kid who doesn’t want to work hard, think he’s the local big fish in a small pond.

A what could’ve been player, the type of bloke you see the the pub in 30 years blind drunk telling everyone he could’ve played AFL.

Would prefer a player who wants to work for his chance, not have it given to him because he thinks he’s good enough
Thats why I'd like to give him a rookie position, as you never know it might flick a switch in his desire to become a good player.. as in 12 months you would have a fare idea if his committed or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me Hustwaite, Busslinger or McKenzie if we keep pick 7. You'd think Bruhn, Holmes, Parfitt, Bowes, Stephens and one of the recent draftees would be sufficient to replenish our mid-field over the next 2 years. Add Dempsey as a running winger.

Clark seems very similar to what we now have.

The chances are Collingwood will only be taking 2 picks in the ND. The 3rd will be a rookie upgrade for Noble. We'd be expecting something in the Grundy trade this off season + we have our 1st rounder. There's not the same risk there for us if we walk away from an offer that is under our valuation, especially when we'd be effectively gifting a talented player to one of our toughest competitors.

So what are you doing once ..your mob "resign" Henry ..1 pick only in the draft ...which means the Grundy pick is devoid of value....you have gifted Grundy to Melb.

If you are only having two picks ...you are not taking Henry back

Last edited:
T
He clearly lost favour with Flea. Developing players in McCreery, Murphy, Johnson and Bianco were not exactly starring and all were being played ahead of Henry at the end of the season.
The only player in that group comparable to Ollie is Johnson. And most Collingwood fans would agree that they made a mistake playing Johnson over Henry.

Best thing about the Bruhn and Henry carry on is that it fires another warning shot over the bow of opposition list managers and puts doubts in their minds when looking at Geelong kids.

The go home factor right now is real and there for all to see. The advantage that might give us with Clark is not to be overlooked. If clubs are tossing up between Clark and player X, perhaps the current Henry Bruhn matters are cause for a rethink.

Perhaps some clubs are saying leave Clark if he’s in the mix because there’s a heightened flight risk in 2 years. It won’t always be the case so I think Geelong are rightly going to take that advantage while they have it. And player managers know that right now as well, and will seize the same negotiating position when it comes to getting their players to their preferred clubs.

According to one player manager it was a factor with Toby Conway. There were a couple of clubs very keen but they opted out because of flight risk.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I struggle with the idea of Melb teams being too concerned with Falcons. Herny is unusual ...and that was something that should have taken into account. Collingwood especially as they have had multiple brother Father Sons

Clark supports Collingwood doesnt he? If he landed there I dony he flip flops quickly.

..and little worrying aspect is nothing happens in a vacuum. I feel this will open us up if we consider looking at SA and WA kids... and who knows ..even Vic Metro. It may just be something everyone has to deal with. Player power is just what it is unless the rules change.

T

The only player in that group comparable to Ollie is Johnson. And most Collingwood fans would agree that they made a mistake playing Johnson over Henry.
I think Johnson was a big factor in Collingwood making the top 4. Henry might end up a better player, time will tell.

Pies people for some reason don't realise that they can take #25 off us and have time to work with it in regards to getting players they may still want.

If they don't need it for potential player deal... They can package it up with #16 or with #27 (assuming they get that one) or even both... and improve their draft hand.

It's not just about walking away for #25... It's about walking away from moving up the draft if they want.

You can now trade picks after the trade period... Flushing #25 down the toilet is not a chance of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back