Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still same issue though can only trade future 1st and future 2nd if we turn our current 2nd and 3rds into someones future 2nd.
Which could be where other deals like sav come in.
That's the plan with our picks this year.

Premiers should not be able to be involved in deals like this
I don't necessarily disagree but I also think that the difference between these trades are hard to define, and also that we shouldn't change rules mid-trade period.

I'm sure the afl will find a way to punish us

Premiers should not be able to be involved in deals like this
Agreed but it's not our doing, we don't set or make the rules/criteria's, so when opportunity knocks make sure you're at home and with the Cats we never leave home... so like all good cats, when it's your turn to pounce, you pounce, whether it be mouse or Bowes from GC with pic 7!

Last edited:
Yeah we dare to dream, but I can't recall a situation where a club would have fielded a side with three sets of brothers on the same team?

The Guthrie's - just played in a premiership and will run around for a few more years until Cam retires
The Henry's - looking more likely now assuming a trade gets done and both relatively young
The DeKoning's - more an outside chance for this year, but might be more likely if SDK isn't a regular in Carlton's best 22 next year
if that eventuates, we'll see new rules regarding brother/brother recruiting like they did for father/son :winkv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a real odd way our salary cap spend is going to be a huge competitive advantage over the next two years. Come round 1 2025, more then half of 2022 salary cap spend will probably no longer be at the club. We'd just have a chasm in uncommitted funds we could use to target a Danger/Cameron sized target if we can convince them.

The downside is that we're are risk of having a huge culture shift as a large number of players retire at once. We're also going to need a heavy rotation policy so that what ever we'll fielding from post 2024 is ready stand up, if we're shit we'll find ourselves with a North style war chest with no one to spend it on.

GC want points for next years academy not a pick.
If we can send a FR2/3 or even 4 tied to a lower club eg GWS then GC will take that with outs for Bowes and 7

Let’s say we send our FR3 and GWS FR3 for bowes and 7 it would get the job done IMO
If GC have a situation like Bris this yr and are needing to stump up let’s say 2500-3000 points for both of their academy picks, and they can only take as many picks as list spots, surely future 2nds are more valuable to them rather than a host of 3rds?

Our future 2nd is likely to be mid-30s. Let’s say we do a Melb next yr and are off our game, but still make a prelim and come 4th overall: that gives us pick 34 (incl. the 2 bids), probably higher after FA compo, which equates to 542 pts, whereas a pick in the 50s would net them half that.

I’d be pushing for that if I was GC. 7 + Bowes for a FR2. If they think they have the list spots, Bowes + 7 for FR2 + FR3 is good value for them.

GC want points for next years academy not a pick.
If we can send a FR2/3 or even 4 tied to a lower club eg GWS then GC will take that with outs for Bowes and 7

Let’s say we send our FR3 and GWS FR3 for bowes and 7 it would get the job done IMO

I think they will want a 2nd and a 3rd not 2 3rds but youre not far off the mark.

Bruhn is a real worry for me... especially if we use a 1st rounder to get him.

He lacks a few things and I could see him being a bust (hopefully I'm proven completely wrong).

Certainly has been shoved into a position that he isn't made for though.

But... If you got it, you got it, no matter what position you are in... and I've watched him plenty this year and just haven't seen him do enough.

Hopefully, we don't overpay for him.

Henry on the other hand has some real talent/tricks and I'll semi-happily cop giving up a 1st for him.
Id much rather have Bruhn that Cooper Stephens in the side going forward, I think Bruhn has real class and just needs a positive side to make it happen, lets be real he was never happy in Sydney and that probably affected his form too

Id much rather have Bruhn that Cooper Stevens in the side going forward, I think Bruhn has real class and just needs a positive side to make it happen, lets be real he was never happy in Sydney and that probably affected his form too
It's Stephens and he's a gun.

That's the plan with our picks this year.

I thought so because with all the trading we are going to have like 2 senior spots for the draft so all those later picks we will have to trade into futures. If that helps us get our trades done all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back