Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so good drafting scenario for me is now Sanders at 8. Outside that I don't see too much upside.
I'd genuinely trade 25 and a future second alongside 8 to move up to get him if that's what it takes.

He's exactly what we need, both for the here and now, and 15 years on top of that.

Back ourselves in to be there of thereabouts next year, ala Holmes.

I don't get the complaints, Sav is no good.. We got pick 25 and annoyed the s**t out of Kane Cornes and Port

Win
It's a win for Port.
Sav is better than he is portrayed here, but he is now where he wants to be, and we need to develop DeK to his absolute potential, and rely on Kolo as the other KB.
Cooper Trembath please

Most of the movement will be due to list spot not matches of bids. Hard to tell due to DFAs and Rookie eleveations, draft could be anywhere from 45 to 85 picks on the day.

One example where it could work is after GC's first bid match, they'll have open list spots to carry the extra picks. If the first bid comes at pick 2, they'll try to cycle so picks to gain a few extra points.

Free points are free points. GC have four bids to match and they wouldn't want to have any of their future picks diluted.
Not trying to be facetious, but in this scenario what would GC actually have they could trade us for any of those points? And if that thing is of any value, surely we'll have 16 other clubs lining up to do the deal because no one cares about a fifth rounder.

And surely once the list spots are open they will also get any extra picks added onto the end of their current hand, which likely wouldn't be much different than 96 anyway

It's a win for Port.
Sav is better than he is portrayed here, but he is now where he wants to be, and we need to develop DeK to his absolute potential, and rely on Kolo as the other KB.
Cooper Trembath please
Good athlete, not a good nor natural footballer, his foot disposal and decision making aren't going to improve at his age and my opinion that I stated many times was that we looked better and better balanced without him in the side this year.

And I've met the fella and he is a genuinely good human and bloke so I wish him no ill will, but I would have been very happy with 25 and 25 alone, the fact Mackie just annoyed Port for nothing amused me greatly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all should, we came out asking for a first rounder or Ollie Lord and end up taking pick 25 because Port just went and traded everything else they had away and you think that's ok? Why shouldnt every other club do the same from now on? Oh that uncontracted star wants to come to us next year, oh well we just traded away everything else we had so here's pick 30 for Nick Daicos.

I dont think Mackie had any info last year, instead they hoped Sav would stay or that he would play so well his value was undeniable. Instead we are here, in the same spot we wouldve been last year, but now Sav is out of contract so all we can do is beg.

Why wasnt Sav signed to a longer deal in 2021, so he'd be a free agent when he next came out of contract? If the club had so much belief in him why not lock him away longer to ensure we get something of value should he choose to leave. A 2 year deal for a 22 year old KPP you have so much faith in seems like a contradiction to me to begin with, and has lead us to this point.
So when did Mackie run your dog over?😛

s**t, I was just about to post that I am the only supporter (in here) happy with this trade. Sav is an extremely ordinary player, Geelong are a much better outfit when he is not in the side. If we can utilise 25 on a decent prospect then I am more than happy with the result. The other picks, whoopee.
Sav, while being capable In the air, can't defend. Port will learn this.
Ok so good drafting scenario for me is now Sanders at 8. Outside that I don't see too much upside.
There's plenty of upside.
Sanders for sure but I’d love O’Sullivan too. I see heaps of potential in him plus he can play key back or key forward. But that’s just me.

I don’t want Caddy but again that’s just me.
Caddy will be a bust imo.

Tew Jiath

#8 : Ryley Sanders
#25 : Tew Jiath : Younger bro of Hawks Half-Back

Me thinks George may there at pick 70
If we were going to draft an NGA I'd go Lual.

I'd genuinely trade 25 and a future second alongside 8 to move up to get him if that's what it takes.

He's exactly what we need, both for the here and now, and 15 years on top of that.

Back ourselves in to be there of thereabouts next year, ala Holmes.

If North trade up (which I think will happen) we may not have to. Melbourne and Dogs are the only other possibilities but I can’t see us being able to trade up to usurp them without selling the farm.

I’d be tempted to just hold the picks. Trading up will cost a bomb and need to include future pick/s which I think we should retain. Trading down gets us out of the elite group. If Sanders and Curtin are both off the table then I’d consider it if we were guaranteed to still draft Wilson but I’d say that’s long shot with what might be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back