Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Millennials. Never satisfied 😉
Millennials covers from 1981-1996 so that covers the ages 43-28

Surely that would be a majority of people or here? Most millennials are now first time parents or parents to older kids.
Not the age of short attention spans. That’s Gen Z, common Boomer mistake to mix up the two.

Otherwise you’d be an old **** still hanging on big footy or a bunch of young fellas/gals outside of that bracket.

As i said.
The Club has learned a lot from that scenario.
Hence he has sat out more football than most young ruckman to avoid a major injury that would derail his career.
Does that equate to a healthy more stable, a sturdier more resilient 22 year old in 2025.??
I think so. I'll back the club on this one.
If they think otherwise they will go to Plan B or C or even D.
Either way i'm cool with whatever way the club heads.
Thats why I reckon they have engaged plan C.
De Koning.

It's also why I think we need to trade for a defender who's ready to go.

Kingy on the Catattack Podcast said Stanley might be going g around in 2025? Which I was surprised

Stanley has already told everyone hes retiring. Not sure where kingys source is but he is wrong.

Millennials covers from 1981-1996 so that covers the ages 43-28

Surely that would be a majority of people or here? Most millennials are now first time parents or parents to older kids.
Not the age of short attention spans. That’s Gen Z, common Boomer mistake to mix up the two.

Otherwise you’d be an old **** still hanging on big footy or a bunch of young fellas/gals outside of that bracket.

The bunch of young fellas/gals ensure ongoing support for the club, and the old **** bring a wider focus, and an appreciation of the good times honed by experience with the bad times.

It all adds to the mixing pot here and ensures a diverse, robust board.

My worry is that he can’t bulk up too much because of his knee stability issues I don’t know how that will affect his long term development

That'll certainly be a consideration for the fitness staff.

Whatever his weight I'm not sure he has the willingness to throw it around with determination. Just doesn't seem to be his thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was once interesting, just got boring :(

Ahhh maybe he gave them the old "it's me or Clarry" talk.

View attachment 2097555
Yeah Clarry and one or two others are gone for sure now IMO.

I'd say that's all this ever was tbh.

Trac would've known a trade is virtually impossible, but if he could shake the club out of it's apathy by doing so, maybe it's worth it.

What was once interesting, just got boring :(

Ahhh maybe he gave them the old "it's me or Clarry" talk.

View attachment 2097555

I think he might have asked for a trade if any of the clubs he’d be interested in playing for (the big Melbourne clubs) had the currency to get a trade done.

But when none of them have the resources to make it happen, and you’re still contracted for another 5 years, you don’t really have a choice but to go back.

Thats why I reckon they have engaged plan C.
De Koning.

It's also why I think we need to trade for a defender who's ready to go.
Me personally I'd rather SDK to play CHB as I can see him being a All Australian CHB in years to come, remember he got votes on Grand Final Day as a CHB...
But I admit I'm starting to come in liking him as a ruck, but lime you you said, we will have to draft in another Key Defender. Yes we have COS but we still need depth and you coming through, as Kolodjashnij in a few years time may go to Tasmania plus we have to cover for Injuries

Can we have an award called the Mahlepi Medal for the best ITK each year?
Every year around this time there’s a new one.

The mail I get is rare and when I get it I share it, since I have stopped being involved in footy clubs my information has dropped unless I bump into someone down the shops.
But there’s always one every year who has about 5 pieces they share, with nearly every single one being wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back