Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I’d say we will know a lot more in the next 48-72 hrs whether this will have any legs. But from what I’m hearing it’s looking increasingly likely that Oliver will seek to leave MFC.
Was it part of the "Petracca will only stay if..." deal?

Its basically the same idea I said. Do we prefer to get him for zero ..and take all his money ….or do we prefer to pay a pick and protect our cap.

There is no world where we pay anywhere near all his money. His contract is longer and larger (as a % of the cap) than the contract we gave Cameron. It doesn't matter if he comes for free or we even get a pick we won't entertain paying a contract that large.

If this happens it's because Melbourne want rid of him and they end up paying 40%+ of his salary.

Can we stop acting like Smith is a drug addict.

I won't label them as addicts, but the simple fact is that both Smith and Oliver HAVE used drugs, and therefore there is a legitimate concern about any remaining propensity to do so again.

I'm sure the club will do its due diligence on this score, and will do all it can to protect our culture.

I won't label them as addicts, but the simple fact is that both Smith and Oliver HAVE used drugs, and therefore there is a legitimate concern about any remaining propensity to do so again.

I'm sure the club will do its due diligence on this score, and will do all it can to protect our culture.

But half of our young kids would be doing the same.

Smith got caught because he was dumb.

Stengle got caught because an ambulance was called otherwise that may have flown under the radar as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he's had his issues in the past, but I actually rate him. He's pretty well informed and has good sources I reckon.

Well and truly above the likes of McClure IMO

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tom is a Melbourne tragic and has very good connections within the Dees. I'm skeptical on some of the stuff I see and hear from Journos - but on Melbourne related content I think Morris needs to be listened to.

Much akin to Geelong content from Cleary.

You’d think there would be a degree of due diligence going on behind the scenes.
What is the problem with him anyway. Is it a substance abuse issue ? Personality? Lack of application?
A gambling issue as well I'm led to believe.

We had plenty of triple premiership players who loved the nose beers themselves...

There is no world where we pay anywhere near all his money. His contract is longer and larger (as a % of the cap) than the contract we gave Cameron. It doesn't matter if he comes for free or we even get a pick we won't entertain paying a contract that large.

If this happens it's because Melbourne want rid of him and they end up paying 40%+ of his salary.
We can't have both though, I wouldn't have thought.

I don't think we're getting him for $600k and pick 40. Either we're paying a decent wad of money, or we're giving up a decent pick you'd guess. This is a 2 x AFLCA MVPA. The list of players to have done that reads Gary Ablett, Clayton Oliver.

But half of our young kids would be doing the same.

Smith got caught because he was dumb.

Stengle got caught because an ambulance was called otherwise that may have flown under the radar as well.
Yeah, I agree with this. If you don't think that a bunch of good-looking, well-paid young men with six weeks off aren't on the bags...

I'm not denying young people are dumb, but the AFL clearly can't do much about it unless it's overt, even then they pick their targets to throw under the bus.

The AFL should name and shame players straight off the bat imo, just like they do in a lot of other sports, rather than protecting their egos.

They know the rules, the expectations, just like other athletes do, and should face consequences straight up if they're caught transgressing.

Letting them hide behind 3 strikes is pathetic imo. That doesn't promote transparency or integrity for the sport.

So they could do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back