Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

A fit Oliver is just about the exact thing we need in our midfield.

We know we need a strong inside ball winning beast + he accumulates.

I hope this has legs.

Obviously if we get him he is gonna need to live up to his part and play good footy.

This years form was shocking but I understand he was well underdone.

It was probably ridiculous Dees sent him out there in so many games… but the Dees are run by monkeys.

The AFL should name and shame players straight off the bat imo, just like they do in a lot of other sports, rather than protecting their egos.

They know the rules, the expectations, just like other athletes do, and should face consequences straight up if they're caught transgressing.

Letting them hide behind 3 strikes is pathetic imo. That doesn't promote transparency or integrity for the sport.

So they could do that.

The 3 strikes isn't even followed through with!

We had plenty of triple premiership players who loved the nose beers themselves...

I'll have to take your word for it.

Would've served them right if they'd be sprung, but then the AFL would've allowed them to cower behind the anonymity of their 3 strike rule, so not much would've been achieved.

It's insane.

I don't think these people realise just how many footy players, and people in general, partake even casually.
Those people haven’t understood yet that there’s always a line for a cubicle at the pub or club. Because you know, everyone either urinates sitting down or had dodgy Indian

We are now having meetings with Oliver… I’m pretty sure I maintained strongly over the last few months we are deep into Oliver. I kept saying it and a lot of people on here weren’t having it. Nothing about this is surprising to me. I just hope we can now convince him and his management in these meetings and get him across.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
balls deep huh

I'll have to take your word for it.

Would've served them right if they'd be sprung, but then the AFL would've allowed them to cower behind the anonymity of their 3 strike rule, so not much would've been achieved.

They'd be naming and shaming multiple players from every club.

Pointless.

I guess footballers are lucky they're not professionals in other sports, and the AFL isn't too perturbed about keeping the sport clean.

Far too lenient imo.

The amount of drugs that would be happening at AFL house...

But they're in bed with gambling agencies, how clean do you think they are as an organisation?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of drugs that would be happening at AFL house...

But they're in bed with gambling agencies, how clean do you think they are as an organisation?!

I have no illusions about the AFL being clean as an organisation, but improvement has to start somewhere doesn't it?

It's likely a lost cause, but I don't believe we should just let drugs continue to be a part of the accepted culture within our game.

Anyhow, I better leave it here because we're way OT and the mods are gonna get cranky 😊

Alcoholism, gambling, drug addiction etc are illnesses.

Boofing another’s partner is a choice, but it takes two to tango.

Hypersexuality can stem from mental health implications. Read an article this morning about those with ADHD, who experience difficulties with impulse control, executive functioning + self-regulation, potentially contributing to an increased risk of engaging in impulsive or dangerous behaviours, including hypersexuality.
So no motorcycle or gun licence for him then?

I have no illusions about the AFL being clean as an organisation, but improvement has to start somewhere doesn't it?

It's likely a lost cause, but I don't believe we should just let drugs continue to be a part of the accepted culture within our game.

Anyhow, I better leave it here because we're way OT and the mods are gonna get cranky 😊

I agree. But unfortunately drugs, recreational, are part of the Aussie culture in general.

You'd be shocked at what happens within hospitals. Now that's something to be concerned about, not some footy players running around on a field.

Anyway, yes OT, but considering the most high profile recruits have had a "black mark" against their names surely we're allowed the discourse.

Its basically the same idea I said. Do we prefer to get him for zero ..and take all his money ….or do we prefer to pay a pick and protect our cap.

Although some dislike it … my bet is the club would back themselves to finish top6 …if we add Smith and Oliver… and then have a cap capable of attacking FA’s in 2025..

The key is how much money do Melb hold..and that probably relates to how much we pay in trade
It's complicated because none of us know, but if you could promise one of Butters, LDU, or Brayshaw as a FA in the next two years, we're probably more inclined to give them the juicy pick and protect the salary.

Only the club knows that though, and we'll just have to trust their judgement.

I'm starting to think that Melbourne fans are slightly more delusional than Buildings fans - obviously but year is wrong in the initial tweet, but no one is paying anything close to this suggestion

Fred Armisen Laughing GIF by IFC

That last option may be possible. I’m not sure he’s really motivated by the $.

Would be interesting. Most players I doubt would sacrifice the money they would want to be paid like Grundy is done. There's also the matter of if he tries to take a pay cut if the afl would approve it (you can't add extra years to the deal like we did with Bowes due to its length).

What I'm sure of if is if we are paying 1mil a year or more for him then it will be a token late pick at best. Melbourne aren't getting a decent high pick for them unless they pay half the wage (which I doubt). Geelong won't be stupid on this and won't wreck our cap.

Alcoholism, gambling, drug addiction etc are illnesses.

Boofing another’s partner is a choice, but it takes two to tango.

Hypersexuality can stem from mental health implications. Read an article this morning about those with ADHD, who experience difficulties with impulse control, executive functioning + self-regulation, potentially contributing to an increased risk of engaging in impulsive or dangerous behaviours, including hypersexuality.

The average cheater probably isn't hypersexual however. It's a character flaw sure.

Would be interesting. Most players I doubt would sacrifice the money they would want to be paid like Grundy is done. There's also the matter of if he tries to take a pay cut if the afl would approve it (you can't add extra years to the deal like we did with Bowes due to its length).

What I'm sure of if is if we are paying 1mil a year or more for him then it will be a token late pick at best. Melbourne aren't getting a decent high pick for them unless they pay half the wage (which I doubt). Geelong won't be stupid on this and won't wreck our cap.

I’m just speculating. I have no idea whether that’s even been raised at this stage let alone whether it’s likely to be.

MFC have their b&f this Friday btw. If Oliver doesn’t go which is likely then I’d say he’s done at the D’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back