Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

He'd be coming from a fair way back.

Will be 32, and coming off 2 years of troublesome injuries.
tendon problems generally are because of an overload in training that the tendon cannot adapt to due to insufficient conditioning or strength.

I would take a guess that when he returned to full match day and conditioning that he struggled with the load and his tendons (Achilles) became damaged.

is it a slight concern that we had to go back to jed bews to play a lock down small forward role after avoiding it all year. nothing against bews, hope he goes on and win another flag this year but he is closer to the end than the start.

Suprise we havent had a younger replacement that can do that role consistently.
Not really his only 30 or 31... so still has footy ahead of him

Honestly think we would be getting shafted if we only got a mid-first round pick for Baz.

They're saying pick 6 for Rioli and 2x first for Dan Houston, who are both 4 years older and play in a less prominent position than Baz. Taranto and Hopper went for two firsts. Adam Cerra went for pick 6.

We used pick 7 to draft him, and he has more than lived up to that pick. The modern game really suits Baz with his gut-running + power combination. IMO we should be asking for a high first rounder or two mid-first round picks considering his age and skillset.
Rioli is under contract and Baz isn’t …you don’t have the leavage you think you do

tendon problems generally are because of an overload in training that the tendon cannot adapt to due to insufficient conditioning or strength.

I would take a guess that when he returned to full match day and conditioning that he struggled with the load and his tendons (Achilles) became damaged.

That seems the most likely explanation.

Then again, my partner had her Achilles rupture, without any prior warning, essentially while just walking and doing some light 'steps'.

She's not a footballer, but played a lot of representative sport and has stayed relatively fit through gym and exercise. Never had tendon trouble until her Achilles suddenly let go.

It was a long recovery, and even now it still troubles her from time to time.

Guthrie would be doing some hard yards, and will be very tentative for a while.

I think that's where it will land.

Any chance cats give up this year's and next year's first, or is that off the table?
He’s not Patrick Dangerfield champ. And he’s off an ACL.

Interested to hear from a Geelong perspective, what is a fair trade for Bailey Smith?
Not contracted coming off a 12 month stint on holidays account a ACL.
Cards are not really stacked in the clubs favour.
A pick in the teens is about where it is IMO.
Next years 1st Round Pick with a 3rd coming back... I reckon.
We need our 1st pick this year for another player.

Who do you think that would be?

No way in hell am i trading a future first over our current one

I think we will use our first as much as it would be nice to keep it , maybe a FR2 included at the most …dogs will be unhappy and cats will be unhappy but that’s how it goes

Isn't that generally when you know it's been a good & "fair" deal - when fans from both teams walk away somewhat disgruntled thinking they've either overpaid or been ripped off that's actually closer to being on the money than they want to accept?

I don't think we will have a low enough pick this year to risk keeping to trade our F1 for Smith.

There's maybe 10 or 12 names I wouldn't mind snagging in the draft and a couple of them are academy/father-son options, so I don't think we'd get a look in at any of them with our R1.

Much rather trade our R1 this year for Smith over our F1.

If there happens to be a kid we really like slide a bit in the draft, maybe we could look to live trade our R1 for him... but you can't be sure you get that option until draft night.

Our R1 for Smith seems a fair deal to me.

Isn't that generally when you know it's been a good & "fair" deal - when fans from both teams walk away somewhat disgruntled thinking they've either overpaid or been ripped off that's actually closer to being on the money than they want to accept?
Yeah compromises tend to work like that in negotiations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Makes me think maybe pick 10 is closer to the mark. A pick in the teens would make me feel we won. Pick 10 starts to feel like too much.

I don't think we will have a low enough pick this year to risk keeping to trade our F1 for Smith.

There's maybe 10 or 12 names I wouldn't mind snagging in the draft and a couple of them are academy/father-son options, so I don't think we'd get a look in at any of them with our R1.

If there happens to be a kid we really like slide a bit in the draft, maybe we could look to live trade our R1 for him... but you can't be sure you get that option until draft night.

Yeah if we use our future first this year i would rather it be on the night for a Holmes

Reckon our best shots with our first are Langford and Allen but even they are probably not at our pick

Well, if we are picking at 10 this year i be betting we will.
If it's its 16-17 or 18 then u may well be correct.
We shall see what AMack decides.
For us to have pick 10 we will have to fall in a heap and lose all 3 remaining games and even then with compo picks for FA it will still probably be 12ish

I am thinking before FA and other bullshit we will probably have pick 12-16

Jed is an UFA. If he gets a contract elswhere, he is very likely to take it.

He's had a very good career with us, pretty underrated player. I'd imagine antoher club will offer him a two-year contract and he will take it.
Very likely

I could easily see a club offering him 2 years but i would only offer 1 if i was Geelong as we have players who should be ready to take his role by next year or at least 100% by the year after.

Mullin should be ready to go next year you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back