Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Baz has not purchased a property in Geelong, whoever is spouting that nonsense doesn't have a clue.

I broke the news of Smith to Hawks and people can feel free to dispute me or doubt me. Who knows I might be Bailey's brothers uncles cousins dogs best mate. Thats not for you guys to worry. Laugh at me all you want on other boards, they again are jealous of the information I have access to.

But when people are telling you Baz is a lock and done to Geelong, take it with a grain of salt because thats unequivocally not true and anyone truly close to the pulse would say the same thing I am. He told Geelong, NO.

For Baz career sake I think he should go Geelong. But sadly Baz likes Melbourne too much, that's his home and his life is all there. So when he nominates to go to Hawthorn, whichever iTKs you have on your boards on bigfooty just remind them that only Celebrity 101 is scientifically proven, not them.
You pulled this same shit on Hawthorns board talking up your personal connections to Barass, and how he absolutely positively wasn’t coming to them…

What was the thing on Frank Costa's desk at Kardina Park?
Catholic priest extolling the virtues of taking responsibility..please

No shit Nash is staying - he signed a 5-year deal with Hawthorn which has been well publicised, so you're not exactly breaking any news there

As for the bolded 😂 😂 😂

You actually seem quite happy to share your apparent connection with Smith:

View attachment 2079786

You've repeatedly been laughed at on all boards you've been posting, trying to claim to have some inside info and yet you've not been able to share any verifiable information

Think we'll keep listening to those with runs on the board
Speaking of which, who wants to hear about the mystery Utility?

Hmm my brother bought up an interesting idea regarding players who want out whilst contracted.

The player in question gets traded including current contract.

E.g Fog is on 500k each year for 3 years gets traded to Geelong for say a first round pick but has to keep his current contract, It can't be renegotiated, Smoothed out or given a higher/slower salary.

Not sure if this would be viable or legal but it would stop players getting heavy front loaded contracts like say 1.5mil year 1,2,3 and then 500k for years 4,5,6 going ok i am out after 3 years and getting another contract for 1mil+.

It would be the colin young rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was posted by a Bulldogs ITK bloke over on their Trade Thread about an hour ago...

"Early morning coffee chats (player manager, not someone who works at the Dogs, but speaks with our various teams / managers weekly).
- Smith to Geelong all but signed off on - Dogs expected to ask for two firsts"

Gonna be another "fun" Trade Period where one side says we will do "this for this", other side will say we want "XYZ to be included"
Bunch of random back and forth until last few days where "nothing happens" and a billion posts of speculation.

Deal gets done with no coincidence whatsoever right before the deadline when in reality its probably getting done on Day 1 of Trade Period but they want "excitement" for media to announce it since majority of Trade Period will be a bunch of spuds moving.

I posted this yesterday but just a reminder soo Cats fans here can….
1. Not lose their marbles over all the conflicting reports
2. Hear from someone who actually has a good track record and didn’t create their account two weeks ago

If he picks us, then awesome!
If he doesn’t then it wasn’t meant to be, but let’s remember that we are currently top 4 in a REBUILDING YEAR with a bunch of old blokes on the way out.

PS **** David King and predicting us to finish bottom 4. Fat **** hates us

2. Hear from someone who actually has a good track record and didn’t create their account two weeks ago

If he doesn’t then it wasn’t meant to be, but let’s remember that we are currently top 4 in a REBUILDING YEAR with a bunch of old blokes on the way out.

PS ** David King and predicting us to finish bottom 4. Fat ** hates us
IMG_3095.jpeg

Interested if any VFL watchers or ITK type have an opinion on George Stevens - is he capable of developing into a contested "Inside Bull" given his leadership qualities and size - I really hope so

I thought he's shown some promise across our VFL season and be interested to see how he goes with another summer under his belt

PS ** David King and predicting us to finish bottom 4. Fat ** hates us
Spot on. I'm not overly fussed to be honest.

Would be more than happy to have him, but this isn't a Jezza/Danger moment where you'd be devastated if it didn't happen after getting your hopes up.

Firmly in the 'nice to have' category, but not a club defining move like the former were.

Just got to find a way to get Reid in a couple of years. Now THAT would be devastating if we got our hopes up and it didn't eventuate.

A different take on the Smith situation

Dogs fans have been peddling that line all year. Reads like copium to me.

Trying to think of any other factor other than the probability that he just doesn't want to be there.

No shame in it. Every clubs been there at some point...but if he was staying, he would've done it already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back