Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Dogs fans have been peddling that line all year. Reads like copium to me.

Trying to think of any other factor other than the probability that he just doesn't want to be there.

No shame in it. Every clubs been there at some point...but if he was staying, he would've done it already.
Surely if there was any chance he was staying he’d be trying to play finals this year (surprised he’s not tbh)

Surely if there was any chance he was staying he’d be trying to play finals this year (surprised he’s not tbh)

Going purely on that Twitter thread:

• He completed his rehab away from the club
  • He’s reportedly also back in full training but again away from the club
  • He’s removed the Bulldogs tag from his Instagram account (so not simply a case of not following the club but having removed his connection to them)
  • Discussion if he bought a house in Geelong West of Bellbrae

And then frustration they didn’t trade him to Hawthorn last year - suggested they offered pick 3 for him, though I can’t recall any specifics around that

Hmm we really should just ignore Falcon/Lunchtime etc and ban them
The thought and actions never crossed my mind…

Or maybe it did..

I Got You Help GIF by The Cooligans

Go Catters

I thought he's shown some promise across our VFL season and be interested to see how he goes with another summer under his belt
I reckon if anyone is gonna benefit from another pre season George would be close to this top of that list.
He dropped about 10kgs from his draft condition and it takes time for the benefits of that to play out.
I’d give him time

Go Catters

We are still knee deep in it for Oliver. That’s never gone away. And I think if Bulldogs play hard ball, we might try to get a deal for Oliver done first and return to the Bulldogs and say, “ok these are the pieces left, Smith is out of contract. Where from here?” Getting rid of picks with other players we are targeting will take away the perceived leverage they have, remembering he’s out of contract. Similar to what we did with Ollie Henry. Blow up the drafts for the next two years to go all in now and for the future. We have enough developing guys. We need proven talent. And by all accounts, that’s exactly what we will be doing.

Also, side note: the side in it for Petracca who is making noise is Collingwood. They believe they could make whole sale changes. JDG out and others to get the picks needed for Petracca. Melbourne however will not land this happen. But Melbourne are going to cop ANB and I think Oliver wanting out. Among others. The culture there is that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So, today Jay Clark in the Herald Sun says this:

“Every club in the competition is peering over the Melbourne fence.

Geelong on Clayton Oliver. Collingwood on Christian Petracca. Port Adelaide on Kysaiah Pickett.”

Interesting he keeps hearing the same news as me a few days later. I have a good friend who has a very strong connection with one of the most important figures at Collingwood so I knew this a couple weeks ago about Petracca as I mentioned the other day.

And the fact it’s leaked to Clark already means Pies are pushing hard. I don’t think it happens but it does speak volumes of how dire a position Melbourne are in.

And people on here, believe me when I say we are knee deep in Oliver. This guy doesn’t want to be in Melbourne. Notice Gawn is playing the final two games? Did you hear his comments about the club culture being at stake? This is serious stuff…. The club culture at stake over two dead rubber games. What does that actually mean? I think it means he’s trying to show all these players who are disgruntled what he thinks about them. It’s messy.

ANB already requesting a trade with two games to go as well. I’m going to find out more about that as well if it interests anybody… But it’s all going to slowly come out over time. This is unreal what’s happening at Melbourne right now.

Alas, those who don’t like trouble makers and only want saints in the hoops, be warned, we are going to be chasing Oliver and landing Smith and oh boy, I’m excited. They’ll be just like Stengle for us: perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going purely on that Twitter thread:

• He completed his rehab away from the club
  • He’s reportedly also back in full training but again away from the club
  • He’s removed the Bulldogs tag from his Instagram account (so not simply a case of not following the club but having removed his connection to them)
  • Discussion if he bought a house in Geelong West of Bellbrae

And then frustration they didn’t trade him to Hawthorn last year - suggested they offered pick 3 for him, though I can’t recall any specifics around that

Major fumble by bulldogs if they didn’t take that pick 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really you don’t think the midfield is a major needs this draft?

Strange take
Not sure why we are in for Smith, we have other holes that need filling rather Haynes from GWS to replace Tuohy.

Also Haynes is a 6ft 4 key defender and Tuohy is a utility Who’s been playing wing and forward a fair bit this season. Not a Tuohy replacement

Also Haynes is a 6ft 4 key defender and Tuohy is a utility Who’s been playing wing and forward a fair bit this season. Not a Tuohy replacement
We have COS already to develop as a KPD , we urgently need a A grade or two midfielders not more defenders

Not sure why we are in for Smith, we have other holes that need filling rather Haynes from GWS to replace Tuohy.
All our current mids bar Stewart (def) and Danger (34) are slow on the spread. We don't balance that with a ready to go quick mid you can stick a fork in us for 2025

Haynes can run not looking for his height looking for his pace and spread off the half back line a role Tuohy played well until he lost a bit of pace.

All our current mids bar Stewart (def) and Danger (34) are slow on the spread. We don't balance that with a ready to go quick mid you can stick a fork in us for 2025
Correct

While we all hope the likes of Clark, Knviett, Bowes and Bruhn can develop into reliable mids for the future you don’t turn down the likes of Smith who will rapidly improve the midfield and take huge pressure of the developing kids that only have the likes of Stewart and Paddy atm who are both not the long term answer for this issue.

2E can be replaced by Mulin at worse or dropping MOC down the back…it’s not an urgent need

Just not sure Bailey Smith is the player that can fill that role, he seems to be another addition to high half forward ranks.

I actually don’t mind the suggestion replacing 2E with Haynes.
Yeah he’s 30+ but he isn’t a KD
He’s more a mixture of 2E/Stewart

Just not sure Bailey Smith is the player that can fill that role, he seems to be another addition to high half forward ranks.
We need Stewart down the back again and Danger and Guthrie are not at best going to be back full time in the midfield like they have been previously …the cupboard is very bare and someone like Smith will fill that need easily ..bulldogs were playing him out of position before his injury he has been very good when he has played in the middle and has very good speed

The only concern obviously is the recent ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back