Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

That's the same SDK that was our potential weapon in the ruck at AFL level.
That tells me that maybe the ruck isn't for SDK. Even though he played some decent footy there only a few weeks back.
However, if you think Crossley can get an AFL ready body, you might have a super cheap battering ram who can back up Conway for the next few years. I'm pretty sure you could get him as a delisted FA so he wouldn't cost you picks.
I don’t think Crossley is an afl quality ruck.

I don’t think SDK is an afl quality first ruck.

He is however an elite KPD/second ruck. When blitz eventually retires that will be his role. Until then, it gets complicated if blitz is doing so well in defence.

SDK was underwhelming after being clearly our best player against Werribee. But he wasn't flogged. We controlled the clearances and SDK had a decent impact around the ground. If you're looking at hitouts then under thay criteria Stanley was flogged by Sweet which is clearly nonsense too.

SDK comes in as ruck or not at all. Blicavs and Henry have rediscovered their best down back and the structure is perfect as is.

Stanley put in a solid shift on Thursday but we'll likely come up against superior rucks in the prelim and grand finals. Has he got 2 more big games in him? Is SDK a better option to give us more impact at ground level and around the ground? I don't know but I think it's the single toughest decision the MC faces.
Crossley bossed him around in the ruck contests. That is what I meant.

SDK had him covered once the ball hit the ground.

That profile screams second ruck to me.

Stanley is a much better #1 ruck right now.

Griffin Logue earns more than Tom Stewart.

Let that sink in.

By this time tomorrow we can finally put this circus to bed and get some clarity

was just about to post the some link on here be interesting if he nominates you guys as a club of choice or just asks to be traded and names no club.

was just about to post the some link on here be interesting if he nominates you guys as a club of choice or just asks to be traded and names no club.
It's hard to tell really.

Bruhn nominated us at this same point in '22, while Cameron was GF week in '20.

Most others have ended up being at the start of trade period, but that's progressively changing more and more every year..

What that tells me is that we've got no real control over these situations, and it's up to Smith & the Dogs as to what they choose to leak/announce come tomorrow.

Most others have ended up being at the start of trade period, but that's progressively changing more and more every year..

What that tells me is that we've got no real control over these situations, and it's up to Smith & the Dogs as to what they choose to leak/announce come tomorrow.
One thing i will always remember about Bailey Smith is the 2021 finals series he played some great football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbf it was more GWS leaking and having a tantrum than JC publicly nominating us, while the club was in preparation more for the GF too

Still filthy over GWS for how they handled the whole situation

SDK was underwhelming after being clearly our best player against Werribee. But he wasn't flogged. We controlled the clearances and SDK had a decent impact around the ground. If you're looking at hitouts then under thay criteria Stanley was flogged by Sweet which is clearly nonsense too.

SDK comes in as ruck or not at all. Blicavs and Henry have rediscovered their best down back and the structure is perfect as is.

Stanley put in a solid shift on Thursday but we'll likely come up against superior rucks in the prelim and grand finals. Has he got 2 more big games in him? Is SDK a better option to give us more impact at ground level and around the ground? I don't know but I think it's the single toughest decision the MC faces.
He was nowhere near being our best player against Werribee. He showed some moments but he was easily beaten in the ruck and pushed off the ball by Conway. Some of that’s stuff he should get better at as he puts on more size and gets confident.
But there’s a lot of technique in his ruck craft that could help him to not get pushed off the ball in the meantime.
You’d hope King would be spending plenty of time with him to assist him with those things. As serviceable as Stanley has been he doesn’t really have any ruck craft but he could help with positioning and some of those things.

He was nowhere near being our best player against Werribee. He showed some moments but he was easily beaten in the ruck and pushed off the ball by Conway.

We watched completely different games then. From what I saw it was basically a tragicomedy of our midfield ****ing up perfect taps by SDK and then him being by miles our most effective player in follow up work.

I wasn't the only one who thought that either:

Lost count of how many taps SDK has delivered on a platter that have been fumbled.

Holmes has all of his attributes except his size I strongly believe that he will be the closer player possible to Danger and quite bullish that once he has the size he will be in that role
Pretty sure they're the same height (obviously, minus the decade-worth of muscle growth).

However, Holmes doesn't have Dangerfield's manic attack on the footy, nor his ability overhead. Not a knock on Holmes - Dangerfield's kamikaze courage is up there with Kelly and Selwood, and the only mid-size players I've seen be a better mark are Ablett Sr and Jeremy Howe.

Something that annoys me is that every time he goes to the bench, he has this negativity about him. Shoulders slump, seems pissed at the world. However, watching him yesterday he was alright and has put on some size this year. I'd be ok if they gave him another year.
He's only 19/20 and he's playing for his contract. I can't blame him for being upset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back