Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I think COS has huge bust potential.

I have a strong reluctance to drafting a defender that high. They are usually defenders as juniors for a reason.
COS isn't just a defender. Has attributes and shown in juniors he can play everywhere. Has kicked 9 in a game before too....
I would bet my house he won't be a bust as long as he doesn't suffer any serious injuries! I wouldn't be surprised to see SDK moved forward though, wasn't he highly touted as going to end up there?

I mean the direct comparison with Hawkins is one that shocks most people because at the same age (Neale hit 22 this year and Hawkins hit 22 in 2010) Hawkins and Neale were VERY similar.
View attachment 2120778

Hawkins spent more time in the ruck because it wasn't working super well in the f50 and we were copying what teams were doing by having a starting ruck and then a fwd/ruck as backup.

But While Hawkins had more marks and disposals from being up the field, their f50 stats are very very similar and thats with Neale playing 3 less games.

While I don't think Neale will do a Hawkins next year, I still think he ends up being an important forward for us.
Not only that, Hawk is an all time great.. Any comparison isn't really fair, if he is half the player Hawk was he'll be a very good player.

I only used the comparison to make the point that even he battled especially early

I'm not saying this will be the trade.

I'm asking would everyone take it if available?

I would... I do not think the Doggies will though.

Was waiting to see how many people jumped out saying "no way we trade Ted" when really it's a decent deal for us.

I'm not saying this will be the trade.

I'm asking would everyone take it if available?

I would... I do not think the Doggies will though.

Was waiting to see how many people jumped out saying "no way we trade Ted" when really it's a decent deal for us.
If BF rumours are to be believed, it sounds like we have suggested to Clohesy to explore his opportunities at the Dogs which in turn will facilitate the Bailey Smith trade. Dogs will ask for R1 + FR1, we’ll offer R1 + FR2. Eventually I can see us meeting in the middle with R1 + FR2 + Clohesy as steak knives.

Given that we’ll lose our R1 this year, I’d like to see us somehow get back in. Even if this would be to trade back in for our FR1, I’d be supportive of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need another Irish to replace Tuohy
Makes sense to try get one if we have a stack of late picks... may as well take some elite talent from OS.

So our R1 + Clohesy for Smith?
That seems pretty fair to me. Smith is OOC and coming of an ACL.
No Clohesy has about pick 70 at best as trade value.
It would be 15 + current r2/future 2nd and ted, and we maybe get pick 80 back or something.
I thought Clohesy was playing better footy than Clark in the VFL at the end of the year... I know Clohesy is a bit of a battler type, but he can certainly play a role in a team, he can kick goals, and tackles like a maniac. He's not puny small too.

No Clohesy has about pick 70 at best as trade value.
It would be 15 + current r2/future 2nd and ted, and we maybe get pick 80 back or something.
Clohesy straight swap for Garcia?

With all the talk of this years draft being strong would we consider trading the dogs our future 1st for Smith if they throw in their pick 32 from this year?

I know it’s a risk
Contrary to what you will see written here, clubs are happy to back themselves in not sliding next year. The reluctance to trade future firsts is that it limits your options in the subsequent year’s trade period.

Collingwood’s weak hand this year after trading for Schultz last year is a prime example. They are effectively out of play for any big target this trade period.

So Geelong probably wouldn’t do the deal you suggest there as they want to go into the 2025 trade period with maximum options.

Someone on the dogs board said they asked for SDK as a swap for Baz and we said no, obviously.
That's polite.

Should have been more blunt.

How I Met Your Mother Fight GIF by Laff

Contrary to what you will see written here, clubs are happy to back themselves in not sliding next year. The reluctance to trade future firsts is that it limits your options in the subsequent year’s trade period.

Collingwood’s weak hand this year after trading for Schultz last year is a prime example. They are effectively out of play for any big target this trade period.

So Geelong probably wouldn’t do the deal you suggest there as they want to go into the 2025 trade period with maximum options.
Surely it can be both though right? The risk has a much higher range of outcomes, including increased trade value of the selection.

Surely it can be both though right? The risk has a much higher range of outcomes, including increased trade value of the selection.
In theory? Of course.

Would Geelong be worried about losing on the value of the pick? I very much doubt it.

That's polite.

Should have been more blunt.

How I Met Your Mother Fight GIF by Laff
I wouldn't have expected violence. Laughter yes.

In the unlikely event violence was needed i assume SHocking would just call in AFL headquarters to send some hired goons with umpire Brett Rosebury there to do some explanation of how they are going to get their heads kicked.

I like Clohesy but he would get a lot more opportunity at the bulldogs than here. The trade would work for all 3 parties.

Depends whether he wants to play midfield full time (which he wont get at the dogs) or is happy to play fwd which he will get there but wont ger here behind our 4 small fwds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back