Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Doesn't matter anyway, he can go straight there as a DFA if that's what he wants.

Correct but this way would save the uncertainty of not knowing if he will get picked up or not.

Why not?
Butters is as good as it gets.
Close is replaceable, only plays really well when the whole team does, but is of value.

Because i would be saving those picks to chase cadman or reid as both fill a bigger need. I love butters but i wouldnt chase him at the expense of that.

His social media is just him topless majority of the time and some travel pics. It's really quite boring.

What's the other turnoff, the drugs thing?

I don't understand the vitriol.
I asked the same thing, but nothing. Is it because it is 'improper'? I fail to understand the vitriol too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was definitely hard done by with players like Mullins running around at AFL level
Yep, and Jhye Clark getting a game perhaps before he'd earned it at VFL as well.

But, life's not always fair - the guys who may have a higher ceiling get a game first.

Yeah it just seems pretty out there to me that a side can offer curent a player senior list contract and they refuse and now they're delisted?
If they have been on two year-long rookie list contracts already, I think that's reasonable. If you offer the guy a Senior list contract after one year, then they aren't free agents.

I was joking comparing Carlton, Visy + Judd. Except:

“The AFL is going to monitor this potential deal with a fine-tooth comb because as we know, there are clubs that are concerned – I’ll throw this, the Chris Judd-Visy deal is floating in the background here – because Bailey Smith is an ambassador for Cotton On and has been since 2022,” Herald Sun journalist Scott Gullan said Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle earlier this month.

“Cotton On are the major sponsor at Geelong, you’re allowed to have third party deals, but the intricacies of how this is going to lob is going to be under the scrutiny, big time, by the AFL,” he said.
The reality of Baz playing for Geelong is that Cotton On will get an even bigger bump of sales, as it’s from here and he will be iconic for them (as an influencer). He would rightly demand to be paid a lot more as he will have greater impact being part of the team.

So it’s sort of this win win win for Baz, Cotton On and the Cats.

The AFL would see that it is completely justified for him to get a bigger pay packet from Cotton On.

Probably one of the smoothest heists you’ll ever see…

The reality of Baz playing for Geelong is that Cotton On will get an even bigger bump of sales, as it’s from here and he will be iconic for them (as an influencer). He would rightly demand to be paid a lot more as he will have greater impact being part of the team.

So it’s sort of this win win win for Baz, Cotton On and the Cats.

The AFL would see that it is completely justified for him to get a bigger pay packet from Cotton On.

Probably one of the smoothest heists you’ll ever see…
The difference being that Bailey Smith will actually bring some kind of value to Cotton On.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back