Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

It would be piss funny if Krueger's asking to come back because Rohan made fun of his haircut one time and now Rohan's gone he feels safe to come back.

Obviously not the case, but a hilarious mental picture.
Well Rohan wouldnt be bagging anyone about hair styles now would he 😳

Okay but seriously, he's got more of a chance at getting a game at the Pies (or South Adelaide) than he does here.

Henry, Henry, Cameron, Neale, Stewart, Kolodjashnij, SDK, Blitz, and probably COS all ahead of him at either end.

You could mount an argument that Zuthrie & Martin are too, as the guy doesn't play (or rather, isn't good enough) to play like a traditional KPP.

Doesn't really make sense for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW Petracca isn’t going 🤣 🤣 🤣
Chew..bacca.

Star Wars No GIF by Regal

We have Shadow and Strange I think......
We did, now we have two.

I'm not really high, just a very committed fan, and have chosen rituals for all our new recruits.

I slathered myself in fake tan with Smith's arrival, jumped off a table and injured my hamstring in honour of Martin, and have since bought a weeks worth of Clarry's stuff.

Not really sure what to do with it now though, and I think I hear sirens in the background.

Will keep you all posted.

I think Oliver is a magnificent player.
But I'm completely stunned that he's on over 900k.

Nice way to edit my post though so that you feel that your point is valid.

*It isn't.
Why would you be stunned that Oliver is on over $900k?

Perryman just signed for $900k with the Pies, and Oliver a couple of years ago was 10x the player Perryman will ever be. Plenty of other examples too.

It's just that the Cats don't pay that much to anyone (with the possible exception of Jezza, but he's exceptional).

If he isn't getting a game at the Pies surely Krueger tries to get a move to either the Demons or the Bombers who are absolutely desperate for a tall forward.

Not that I rate him, but if I was 195cm+ and put of contract those are the two teams I am hitting up. Probably the Bombers more than the Demons since the Bombers as a club seem more stable.

If he isn't getting a game at the Pies surely Krueger tries to get a move to either the Demons or the Bombers who are absolutely desperate for a tall forward.

Not that I rate him, but if I was 195cm+ and put of contract those are the two teams I am hitting up. Probably the Bombers more than the Demons since the Bombers as a club seem more stable.

He'll get an injury geting a beer 🍺 from the fridge..🤣

The whole Dees key forward thing is overstated.

They have a ton of them, they just don't have any game changers. Van Rooyen might be one day.

Unless they're bringing in a Curnow, Cameron, Hogan, or even Larkey type, they're better off changing their gameplan.

Even most of those names wouldn't be utilised like they have been within that system.

More spud level key forwards won't help them. What will help is playing a faster transition game that leaves the F-50 open for players to lower their eyes and hit targets.

Just having a key forward for the sake of it and bombing it on their heads 50 times a game after a slow buildup - that allows the opposition to flood back - won't work.

That would only change with an elite contested marking gun like Hogan, and that's way easier said than done.

Where ever Clayton plays next year , i think he will be the winner out of this

Its allways nice to feel wanted , a few coaches of yester year when asked why did you coach that club ( when there was no money it at the time and it seemed an odd selection ) because they wanted me , they really wanted me

So Oliver was in sought of a sticky situation , then Rhys and Stewart met him on Stanleys farm , and thus he got keen on joining the Cats , Max Gawn this morning on the radio has said some very nice words , which you think Oliver would appreciate , hed have to

Thus this could be the circuit breaker in his career , i think i will take some of the big overs for him to win the Brownlow , and if he stays with the Dees , he will kick 5 against us in the GF , that type of stuff allways happens to Geelong , im telling you

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back