Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Even if he's guaranteed to leave i don't think we can. We won't get nothing for him regardless. If he leaves there's a very high likelihood of relying on Furphy for a block of games in the ruck and/or COS for a block of games 1 on 1 defending.

With Oliver and Smith it will go into our D50 3 times for the season 🤣

That Brad Green post reeks of desperation, covering the ass of his club and its 'reputation' and 'culture...and makes it look like he's got something to defend/doesn't know the whole truth/controlling the narrative.

Lloyd said that Oliver 'didn't want to come back' and 'the last thing he wants to do is play at Melbourne next year.' So what does Brad Green do? Focuses in on 'oh he's cleaning out his locker.' Yeah Brad, because that's the real important part...not the fact that his manager is apparently telling journalists he doesn't want to come back. Let's focus on his locker instead.

Oh and also, can we also take a minute to acknowledge just how insane it is that a CEO of a multi-million dollar AFL franchise, is commenting on twitter, making a 'gotcha' about Clayton and his locker? Could you imagine Mackie, Hocking, Cook etc. hopping on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook when we were trading Clark, Kelly, Sav etc., and being like 'oh no that's not what was said...culcha culcha culcha.'

F*cking abomination of ass-covering sycophants they have down there right now. Feel really sorry for the supporters and the decent people like Gawn down at Melbourne.

Lloyd said that Oliver 'didn't want to come back' and 'the last thing he wants to do is play at Melbourne next year.' So what does Brad Green do? Focuses in on 'oh he's cleaning out his locker.' Yeah Brad, because that's the real important part...not the fact that his manager is apparently telling journalists he doesn't want to come back. Let's focus on his locker instead.

I liked Oliver's mum having a crack on Facebook because The Age (apparently incorrectly) reported he was in Shepparton... while ignoring the rest of the article about wanting out of Melbourne and being willing to take a pay cut to pay for us 🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralphy was running his Tuggers mouth off about how many picks Richmond would have but he didn’t consider…

What if those teams say “no deal”
They’re stuck with contracted Bolton, uncontracted Baker who could walk to National Draft or Preseason Draft and contracted Rioli and only walk away with Pick 1 and Pick 20.

I really hope this happens with Eagles and Freo telling them to GTFO, Tuggers board would go into meltdown about it’s somehow the Geelong Media Mafia’s fault.

STPer18 thoughts?

Once we get thru the grubby stuff of trades…. and we can look at giving kids a chance ...

it will be interesting to see where this kid goes ...

Tries to play like Cameron …. good role model I guess..

EXTRA WORK PAYS OFF FOR BIG MAN

Mobile Victorian key forward Gabriel Stumpf turned heads at the national draft combine last weekend with his blistering time in the 20m sprint test.

But it perhaps shouldn’t have come as a surprise that the 196cm big man posted the fifth-best 20m sprint time in the combine’s history.

Stumpf ran a time of 2.815 seconds last Sunday, but has been working with a personal fitness and nutrition coach for the past 12 months, with whom he has done a significant amount of speed work.

Running is key for the Northern Knights product, who works hard pushing up the ground from half-forward and models his game on Geelong’s Jeremy Cameron.

“Stumpy’s incredibly athletic,” Knights talent manager Nat Grindal said.

“He’s had a really good year. I think his ceiling is still so high as well. He’s got so much growth and improvement in him. You hope that someone’s willing to take a chance on a kid that’s got a lot of upside.”

Stumpf averaged 2.8 goals a game across four matches for the Knights this year.

Northern Knights forward Gabriel Stumpf has been working with his own personal fitness and nutrition coach. Picture: Getty Images
Oooh! He’d look great in the Hoops
💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙

Ralphy was running his Tuggers mouth off about how many picks Richmond would have but he didn’t consider…

What if those teams say “no deal”
They’re stuck with contracted Bolton, uncontracted Baker who could walk to National Draft or Preseason Draft and contracted Rioli and only walk away with Pick 1 and Pick 20.

I really hope this happens with Eagles and Freo telling them to GTFO, Tuggers board would go into meltdown about it’s somehow the Geelong Media Mafia’s fault.

STPer18 thoughts?

Have you been listening to Trade Radio & JJ

Possibly… in not in love with either as players but Clark has a long way to go.

In saying that if we do land Oliver/Smith and have a decent run with injuries, I won’t mind Clark having a year developing in the VFL.

But… a top 10 player running around in the VFL most of the year in their 3rd season isn’t a great sign.

He does need to add more bulk though and I still think that’s a couple of years away.

So maybe this is another development year and in 2026 he can start to hopefully break out.

Inside mids usually take 4 or so years to get humming… unless you are really high-level which I doubt Clark/Bruhn are.

I’d like to see improvement from Clark but I’m not expecting a massive year yet from him.
Yes it’s his 3rd list year but lost his first one entirely. It takes time. So the real playing time is 2 years.

I’m happy to let him grow into it for another 2 years

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back