Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

On one leg and rushed into taking the kick. I'm not holding that against him.
The real problem was Big O got injured, and that gave Rhys the opportunity to absolutely dominate and take control of the match and he didn't.

When we beat Brisbane earlier in the season we looked shaky in the ruck early, Big O got injured and Conway stepped up.

I don't have an issue with an injured Rhy rushing to take the kick, although if he was that cooked he should have stopped the clock and got someone else to take the shot.

My issue is he should have dominated the game against inexperienced rucks, gave our midfield service on a silver platter and yet despite smashing them in the numbers for hit outs he didn't really have enough of an impact.

Rhys has too many brain fades. Had a great 22 finals though.

The miss in this year's prelim is rhys career

That happened in front of me

Stanley was clearly injured, could barely stand and couldn't put any pressure through his leg after the kick - the pain he was in was evident and felt really sorry for him in that moment

Considering Stengle had more than a few brain fades in the prelim, including missing two goals from the top of the goal square when on one occasion he has an option to handball to an open Dempsey, plus the stupid attempted mark that he got no where near costing Neale a set shot - should we look to replace him also?

Shit happens in matches - if you've got to pinpoint a single moment after the match was essentially over, it's probably not a winning point

Are we able to trade picks with clubs atm or before the draft? or is that only live during draft night?

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

The only live trade I see us potentially going for is one of Tigers picks 18, 20, 23, 24... and for a F1. If it's 24, then we might get their F2 for our F3 thrown in.

List the KPF in the afl .. I doubt too many are less than 194cm… it depends on the player. I want a player who can win their own ball in contested marks , have the knowledge to use leading patterns to get some easier ball on the lead.. and be a good setshot. Its rare you get everything
Part of it is about age, to be fair.

Charlie Curnow is probably the shortest of the current generation at 194. Someone like Fogarty is probably that in-between height at 192 (we'll call it the Charlie Gardiner problem).

That happened in front of me

Stanley was clearly injured, could barely stand and couldn't put any pressure through his leg after the kick - the pain he was in was evident and felt really sorry for him in that moment

Considering Stengle had more than a few brain fades in the prelim, including missing two goals from the top of the goal square when on one occasion he has an option to handball to an open Dempsey, plus the stupid attempted mark that he got no where near costing Neale a set shot - should we look to replace him also?

Shit happens in matches - if you've got to pinpoint a single moment after the match was essentially over, it's probably not a winning point
I remember sitting back thinking "Rhys will miss this" when it happened. Not his forte at the best of times, let alone on one leg.

You're right though, it's not on him. If you're genuinely good enough we should have never been in that position in the first place, and there's a few higher paid players who didn't hold up their end of the bargain as you say.

The whole thing seems to already have taken on a mandela effect of sorts.

Even if he kicked the goal, it was only going to give us the slimmest of chances. It wasn't the kick to win us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back