GFC Player Super Coach and Dream Team Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the deal with Egan? Will he play this year? Very cheap was thinking a bargain buy. Thoughts?

:)

on a serious note my supercoach bargains for the cats this years are

Andrew Mackie - super intraclub match and looks good for a super year, always scores good

James Kelly - Looks like he will play more midfield this year and has good foot skills and tackles alot.

Joel Corey - he will be the 3rd midfielder or maybe even 4th looked at as tagging so he will rack up plenty. absolute bargain in the afl game with the possies he gathers but herald sun he tends to miss some targets but still a bargain

Simon Hogan/Nathan Djerkurra - as emergencies, should play a fair bit and are both at about 94,000

Scott Simpson is my roughie... Is really competing against Hawkins and Lonegan for a position. Hawkins is still getting fit and will be out for a little longer while Loners has pressure on him. If Simpson can slot through a few this weekend, we may see him in the side come round one!

Bargin at around the 100,000 price.

Dream Team:

Stay way from Mackie at the moment, with Harley out early don't be surprised if he starts off playing a more defensive role. Could go down in price early. I'd rather go with Enright down back for Geelong, other than that not much talent.

Not too many bargains, Simon Hogan is a great forward option at the 86,600 price and is expected to play a fair bit. Ryan Gamble has a fairly good DT record for a youngster and is a bit of a (pun) gamble but could be worth it long term.

Steve Johnson is a good premium option up forward, although a full preseason from Chapman makes him less risky than previously.

Joel Selwood is a great option at just over 400,000 in the midfield, most cats fans expect he will step up and overtake Corey as Geelong's number 3 midfielder but is still unlikely to cop tags with Bartel and Ablett in the team at this stage.

Ottens is a good ruck option, also having a full preseason and at 329,000 could easily be a good number 2 option - when he got fit late in 2008 he was getting big scores.

on a serious note my supercoach bargains for the cats this years are

Andrew Mackie - super intraclub match and looks good for a super year, always scores good

James Kelly - Looks like he will play more midfield this year and has good foot skills and tackles alot.

Joel Corey - he will be the 3rd midfielder or maybe even 4th looked at as tagging so he will rack up plenty. absolute bargain in the afl game with the possies he gathers but herald sun he tends to miss some targets but still a bargain

Simon Hogan/Nathan Djerkurra - as emergencies, should play a fair bit and are both at about 94,000

I've got both Hogan and Djerrkura on my bench - both mentioned by the club in the press recently as in the mix, and great value at $94K.

G Ablett in the middle - you just can't be without his standard 130+ points (actually twice that as he will be my captain every week)

Chappy up forward - fitter than he's ever been and likely to split his time between midfield and forward line - a 600K player

Not a huge fan of Corey or Kelly in SC - Corey doesn't use it well enough and Kelly doesn't get it enough

Mackie just looks to be in that sort of limbo middle area for mine - doesn't quite score enough to be a keeper, but too expensive and unlikely to improve enough to be a cash cow

My other potentials are:
- Varcoe (massive preseason, look good for All Stars, time to step up)
- Steve Johnson (raring for a massive year by all accounts)
- Hawkins (if he can get his foot right and keep it right)
- Selwood (elite category now and will justify $530K price tag)
- Gamble (ready to take the next step and be a regular)

I've got both Hogan and Djerrkura on my bench - both mentioned by the club in the press recently as in the mix, and great value at $94K.

True, although traditionally your wiser choosing cheap players in losing teams. I'm as likely as Hogan and Djerrkura to get a game in the home and away season. ;)

G Ablett in the middle - you just can't be without his standard 130+ points (actually twice that as he will be my captain every week)

Expensive, but means your captain is set in stone every week.

Chappy up forward - fitter than he's ever been and likely to split his time between midfield and forward line - a 600K player

Looked awesome in the intra-club game... still have to expect him to miss 3-4 games a year though... I wouldn't have him in for that reason.

Not a huge fan of Corey or Kelly in SC - Corey doesn't use it well enough and Kelly doesn't get it enough

Agreed about Kelly, Corey is a very consistant scorer... ie Daniel Cross.

Mackie just looks to be in that sort of limbo middle area for mine - doesn't quite score enough to be a keeper, but too expensive and unlikely to improve enough to be a cash cow

Wouldn't touch him till he starts getting wet in the shower and can compete in a one on one contest with other players built worthy of being called 'men'. Sorry.. couldn't resist. Agreed.

My other potentials are:
- Varcoe (massive preseason, look good for All Stars, time to step up)
- Steve Johnson (raring for a massive year by all accounts)
- Hawkins (if he can get his foot right and keep it right)
- Selwood (elite category now and will justify $530K price tag)
- Gamble (ready to take the next step and be a regular)

- Varcoe (don't bother. Matter of time until the club wakes up to itself and gives Gamble the opportunities he deserves rather than wasting them on a proven non-performer. Won't player enough games for SC.)
- Steve Johnson (oath! keeper!)
- Hawkins (won't play enough, better options for the $$$)
- Selwood (deffinately justifys price tag, a lock.)
- Gamble (only if the club plays him.... I'm still at a loss to why he's not a walk up starter.)

My 2c.

If i could squeeze Stevie J in id have him in mine too, but cant manage it at the moment.

I personally havent heard of an injury, and by all reports im hearing he's absolutely flying, got pulled out of our intra club match last week because he's been going TOO hard at training and they didnt want him to burn out early (sounds ridiculous i know).

He's a safe pick in my opinion, should average in the 90's and if he has a really good year could crack the 100 average.

If i could squeeze Stevie J in id have him in mine too, but cant manage it at the moment.

I personally havent heard of an injury, and by all reports im hearing he's absolutely flying, got pulled out of our intra club match last week because he's been going TOO hard at training and they didnt want him to burn out early (sounds ridiculous i know).

He's a safe pick in my opinion, should average in the 90's and if he has a really good year could crack the 100 average.
Amazing to hear that he was pulled out of the team because he was training too hard, but awesome to hear that there isnt any sign of injury. Looks like he will be kept in my team, thanks mate :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear. Ive been considering him, but couldnt find any info on how he was travelling.

With regards to Ottens, what cause him to miss so many games at the start of last season? Was it a pre-season injury?

Good to hear. Ive been considering him, but couldnt find any info on how he was travelling.

With regards to Ottens, what cause him to miss so many games at the start of last season? Was it a pre-season injury?

Yes but moreso we had a few bad experiences miss managing big man injuries and as a result we do great business with Egypt importing large amounts of cotton wool.

Haha, fair enough. :D

He has missed a fair few games over the years. Have these been recurring injuries, or seperate ones? Not sure where I can find this sort of info out...

Ottens had a dodgy back when he first came to Geelong but a change in fitness staff seemed to sort him out a bit. Last year he had plantar fasciitis, but it was misdiagnosed to begin with and then we had to wait until it snapped and he built up fitness, it was a freak injury really that won't happen again. He has been pretty durable the last couple of years.

Loved the look of Hogan in the match against adelaide. do you see him being able to crack his way into the side? and how many games do you suspect he will play?

thanks in advance!

Gday fellas,
Just wondering, who do you guys think is a better pick up in DT out of Ablett and Bartel? Around the same price and I really can't decide. Also how's Brad Ottens been going in pre-season?
Thanks heaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back