Gibbs requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we aren't going to receive pick 24, we aren't going to give up two young talents.

I love this. The minute a player nominates a club, the fans get all excited and then proceed to offer trades that are not commensurate with the player's status.

The club did not offer a contract to Lyons all year. And when they did, it was barely at league average.

Despite having a relatively poor midfield, CEY still didnt break into your side all year. and btw, he's 24 in Jan, he's not a "kid".

if you want an A-Grade midfielder you're going to have to offer up better than B/C Grade players.

I love this. The minute a player nominates a club, the fans get all excited and then proceed to offer trades that are not commensurate with the player's status.

The club did not offer a contract to Lyons all year. And when they did, it was barely at league average.

Despite having a relatively poor midfield, CEY still didnt break into your side all year. and btw, he's 24 in Jan, he's not a "kid".

if you want an A-Grade midfielder you're going to have to offer up better than B/C Grade players.
Do you not have a home to go to?

Are you Adrian Dodoro?

If they don't trade reasonable, stiff shit, they keep a player that doesn't want to be there. Simples.

Not really. We obviously want him and he has committed to us, so we have skin in the game. Also if we don't get it done, what chance of any other decent play nominating us? Time for a bit of realism. You don't get a quality midfielder for nothing.

Not really. We obviously want him and he has committed to us, so we have skin in the game. Also if we don't get it done, what chance of any other decent play nominating us? Time for a bit of realism. You don't get a quality midfielder for nothing.
A 1st round pick and Lyons is a fair and reasonable offer for a 28 year old, if anything weighted slightly in Carlton's favour.

The stats for the Lyons and Gibbs are about the same for the same age:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d2=4&type=A&pid1=3504&pid2=1719&fid1=O&fid2=O

You need to factor a players age into a trade deal. You would get a 6 year player, we get a 3 year player. I think you are dreaming if you want a top 10 pick.

Go back and watch a replay of Gibbs game vs the Cats this year. His influence on that game was massive.

Stats dont tell the whole story, and there is no way that Lyons is in anywhere near the same ballpark as Gibbs.

For mine I'd want you to package something up with pick 14 for a top 10 pick, and come at us with that.

I can't think of many players who didn't get to their club of destination after requesting a trade. Sounds like it will get done and the Crows and Carlton have decent trading history between them.

Agree. It will get done. Im just laughing at the pick 20 + CEY offers.

13 + Lyons is prob the trade imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 1st round pick and Lyons is a fair and reasonable offer for a 28 year old, if anything weighted slightly in Carlton's favour.

Agreed here. If we could get a 2nd rounder, then that and a player would be a better trade. But 1st round and a player seems to be the obvious going rate.

I personally would really like to keep Lyons and CEY/Grigg can be traded.

He's gonna have to get a haircut if he wants to play for us. :p

HatB_-_Don_Mattingly_s_misfortune.png

The issue the Crows have is that we aren't really in a premiership window unless we get 2 players of Gibb's quality. 13 and a good player may be too much to pay for Gibbs from the Crows point of view and anything less too little for Carlton. Players tend to get to where they want to go though so once again it will be interesting.

Go back and watch a replay of Gibbs game vs the Cats this year. His influence on that game was massive.

Stats dont tell the whole story, and there is no way that Lyons is in anywhere near the same ballpark as Gibbs.

For mine I'd want you to package something up with pick 14 for a top 10 pick, and come at us with that.

I guess we just need to wait and see what happens. Nothing us mere supporters suggest will make a difference, and I would think Reid and SOS would be close to agreement on a player's value.

Good luck with your GWS buys too.

I premise the below with the fact that I have zero inside knowledge... but what does everyone think of:

Trade our first (13) and CEY/Mackay to Brisbane for their compensation pick (19 ish) and a second round pick

Trade 19 and Lyons to Carlton for Gibbs

Adelaide lose: CEY/Mackay, Lyons, 13
Adelaide gain: Gibbs, Pick in second round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back