Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gibson's ready to move..

You know **** all.

They're having a hissy fit, and he's going to the hawks.

Your club is not so stupid that you will take nothing for him, regardless of how bitter and thoughtless their supporters are

"zomg11 we will trow him in the draft and then youse wont get nuffing1"

This is why businessmen run the club, and fans post shit on BigFooty

It's not the supporters having the hissy fit, its the club administration, they are the ones who have told him he is not welcome at the B&F.

All I am saying, is that any goodwill towards Gibbo has been flushed down the toilet and I can't see a the club doing any favours to get him to his preferred destination? Of course if the deal is satisfactory it will get done, but if they don't feel they are getting what they want, it would be just as easy to send him to the PSD.

It's not a question of doing Gibson favours.

It's a question of win/win.

getting nothing for him because they're pissed off is stupid.

They can shop him around, but they're obviously angry because they realise that hawthorn is the option that would be best for them too, as Gibson has to agree to any other deal.

So they're angry, because they talked so tough at the beginning, and now they're looking stupid, but they'll get over it to do what's best for the club.

If they don't, they're not a football administration, they're a bunch of spoilt kids taking their bat and going home.

Yep Brother, great news.

Now we need to tighten the screws.

LOL!

It's funny how you read the situation differently to what we do.

I would have read the situation as Josh you can get stuffed. Remember Hawthorn need him more than North do and we know that.

I can see the club being prepared to take a small loss to make an example of Gibson. Because at the end of the day Pick 25 is no great loss.

LOL!

I would have read the situation as Josh you can get stuffed. Remember Hawthorn need him more than North do and we know that.

I can see the club being prepared to take a small loss to make an example of Gibson. Because at the end of the day Pick 25 is no great loss.

Then why the .... are you chasing our 3rd round pick?

Bocs is starting to look like a meathead already :eek:

You'll be losing pick 25 and Gibson and potentionally pick 41 for the sake of having a tanty. Great administration amateur hour.

You'll be losing pick 25 and Gibson and potentionally pick 41 for the sake of having a tanty. Great administration amateur hour.

Hawthorn aren't prepared to pay Pick 41, so it would only be Pick 25.

The funny thing is I don't know who this would hurt more?

Us because we miss out on a young player in the draft, who may or may not make it?

Hawthorn, because they are desperate for a defender with Croad and Campbell having question marks over their head?

Gibson, because he will most likely play at Melbourne, Richmond or Freo?

Looks like a LOSE/LOSE/LOSE to me! Be interesting to see who blinks first?

But it seems now that any favours that might have been afforded to Gibbo to help him get to Hawthorn have been well and truly thrown out the window.

LOL!

Simply because Hawthorn need a defender and are interested in Gibson doesn't enhance North's bargaining influence any more.

LOL!

With all due respect--- to say Hawthorn need him more than you do when your clubs administration spent 4 days trying to convince him to stay at North, when your new Coach has even come out and said he still expects him to stay and points out ROK as an example of a player wanting to leave that can be turned around, and when that player still says no and you bar him from your best and fairest count- to say we need him more than you and you'll make an example of him is completely naive... clearly he's a very valued player who in wanting to leave has evoked a tantrum in the administration. Pick 25 may be no great loss- fair enough-- but North's reaction show that Gibson is a massive loss and to go without compensation would be utterly insane-- particularly for a club in North's position of re-building... i would have thought any pick is gold. Hence why north doesnt want to deal in players with Hawthorn, but only in picks...

Hawthorn aren't prepared to pay Pick 41, so it would only be Pick 25.

The funny thing is I don't know who this would hurt more?

Us because we miss out on a young player in the draft, who may or may not make it?

Hawthorn, because they are desperate for a defender with Croad and Campbell having question marks over their head?

Gibson, because he will most likely play at Melbourne, Richmond or Freo?

Looks like a LOSE/LOSE/LOSE to me! Be interesting to see who blinks first?

But it seems now that any favours that might have been afforded to Gibbo to help him get to Hawthorn have been well and truly thrown out the window.

Yeah, we'll call your bluff. Fact is, we lose nothing :rolleyes:
It's in your best interest to deal.
If you lose him for naught and he still ends up at hawthorn, you'll once again wear the jokers hat in trade week.

Free Agency has to come in .. or some form of it tbh.

this scenario none of us experience but imagine you work for your employer , doing your job for the duration of your contract or service to them .. then when you're going to start a new job else where, your employer threatens you with derailing your chances of getting the job, refuses to put in a good word for you even though you gave them great service... in the end we still get to our destination because we have free will and can move about where ever we like.

AFL players dont have that luxury, This is why I feel, free agency needs to come in.

Yeah, we'll call your bluff. Fact is, we lose nothing :rolleyes:
It's in your best interest to deal.
If you lose him for naught and he still ends up at hawthorn, you'll once again wear the jokers hat in trade week.

Can you afford to go into 2010 with Tom Murphy as a KPD? You may well be losing the chance to win a flag?

We all know he will never last to Hawthorn in the PSD and to be honest I think the club will be more than happy to make an example of a player who disrespects the club that gave him the opportunity to play AFL Football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you afford to go into 2010 with Tom Murphy as a KPD? You may well be losing the chance to win a flag?

We all know he will never last to Hawthorn in the PSD and to be honest I think the club will be more than happy to make an example of a player who disrespects the club that gave him the opportunity to play AFL Football.
Why would he go in the PSD, who says he can't nominate for the ND? We are still a better chance of getting him there than not getting him at all, NM would get nothing for him and we would have a reasonable chance of picking him up.

I'd much rather Gibson come to us through the draft then having to give you something in return, say what you want we have nothing to lose, you do. BTW who said we can't use our RD2 pick on another KPD?

Why would he go in the PSD, who says he can't nominate for the ND? We are still a better chance of getting him there than not getting him at all, NM would get nothing and stagnate there already stagnated rebuilding phase, we lose nothing, you lose a player, WIN-WIN for us.

Can you honestly see him lasting until Pick 25?

Yes. With a decent crop until around the late 30's, he would easily be there until at least the early 30's.

I hadn't thought of the ND, but that is a win/win. You uphold the clubs integrity and don't deal with Hawthorn or Gibson, to set an example of, perceived or not, strength. We then use pick 25 and pay what he is worth.

You get no compensation but "do the right thing" for the club.

Probably not, but the fact you guys are massively overrating him and he solely wants to come to us, is a good indication that there is a decent chance.

I hope the clubs come to an agreement next week. However if they don't by the time the ND & the PSD comes along most of the clubs will have their lists finalised so very few clubs usually participate in them. Therefore the reality is that Gibson could very easily hold out to the ND &/or the PSD & have a greater chance of getting to Hawthorn.

Whilst I want Gibson, he is still not really what were after, if push comes to shove and you guys end up being unreasonable I'd much rather us recruit a mature aged real KPD with our pick #25 in the mold of a Harry Taylor, if available.

I wouldn't be against keeping #25 for a rookie KPD and instead getting Coad (26-27 years old Sturt player) later in the draft for a good 2-3 years worth of service. By that time anyway Lisle and Schoenmakers should have enough development and have enough muscle to play a key position.

no one said he would. it was stated we wouldn't lose, only you would. your player walks & you get nothing for him.

the statement that tom murphy isn't our best option going forward is valid (never was!) & yes gibson would be a good fit for us. BUT he isn't our prefered option either, I'm sure the club would rather the "gorilla' type as clarkson calls them, & gibson isn't that.

I imagine it will get sorted in the end & us internet people who have no say, will accept what happens, whether it be perceived good or bad for our respective clubs.

Considering North are rebuilding and wont get 2 picks in the top 35 for the next 5 years without trading players you'd be foolish to let him walk for the sake of a tantrum, hence why you are after picks and not players. Good luck losing starting 18 players for nothing then competing with GC and WS in the next 4-9 years without recruiting kids when the opportunity was given.

You're under the impression that Hawthorn has put all its eggs in one basket, their is no doubt Hawthorn has been in the ear of many players this year......one goes another one pops up and you ultimately lose your player for nothing.

The banning of Gibson from your B&F has sealed his fate. He won't be at the Kangas next year whether it be Hawthorn or the PSD. Pretty simple.

With all due respect--- to say Hawthorn need him more than you do when your clubs administration spent 4 days trying to convince him to stay at North, when your new Coach has even come out and said he still expects him to stay and points out ROK as an example of a player wanting to leave that can be turned around, and when that player still says no and you bar him from your best and fairest count- to say we need him more than you and you'll make an example of him is completely naive... clearly he's a very valued player who in wanting to leave has evoked a tantrum in the administration. Pick 25 may be no great loss- fair enough-- but North's reaction show that Gibson is a massive loss and to go without compensation would be utterly insane-- particularly for a club in North's position of re-building... i would have thought any pick is gold. Hence why north doesnt want to deal in players with Hawthorn, but only in picks...

Great post. I can see why Norf supporters chose not to respond

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back