Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gibson's ready to move..

Can someone explain this "Integrity" business to me, because I just don't understand North and Port supporters saying they will lose integrity by accepting a deal from us.

I personally feel that the Hawks would lose integrity if we let someone leave the club for nada, whether that be Thomas Murphy, or Luke Hodge.

These players want out. The clubs have tried their best to sway them around into staying, yet will lose integrity if they do a deal.

Sorry, but I humbly disagree. The only integrity these clubs will lose is if they in fact do let tyhe players walk for nothing.

Just on Gibson being asked not to attend the B&F. I don;t think this is a show of North's stance on whether they will deal or not, moreso that they have finally twigged that Gibbo is NOT changing his mind. But that's just my opinion of course.

Having integrity is only accepting a deal that is fair and reasonable. We could argue for hours, but my main point is that Hawthorn hold no aces in negotiating for Gibson.

All clubs know Hawthorn is desperate for a defender, so whoever you get, you will have to pay, they won't be bargain basement.

Having integrity is only accepting a deal that is fair and reasonable. We could argue for hours, but my main point is that Hawthorn hold no aces in negotiating for Gibson.

All clubs know Hawthorn is desperate for a defender, so whoever you get, you will have to pay, they won't be bargain basement.

Yet another opinion stated as fact, not very bright are you?

LOL!

Sorry I forgot that the only facts were those posted by Hawthorn supporters. But you keep thinking you will get Gibbo for nothing, its always good to have dreams;)

It's funny how quickly your club has folded on the issue.

Day One: It's Pick 9 or nothing

Now: Pick 25 and 41 - please?

By the end of next week, it'll be 25.

In whose opinion though, yours or the North Melbourne Football Club's?

If, for arguments sake, the Kangas accept to trade Josh Gibson to the Hawks for Pick 25, will you accept that the Kangaroos got a fair and reasonable deal, or will you still be banging on about how YOU think Gibbo is worth more than that?

I'm not saying 25 is fair and reasonable by the way, because I don't have a clue what his trade worth is. As people have said on here there have been "experts" such as Grant Thomas and Nathan Thompson who are poles apart on Gibbo's trade value, so I'm not about to put forward any opinion, I just trust Pelchen and Clarkson to get the deal done.

We are in the market for a reliable back however I doubt desperate is the appropriate word. We have some room to move with our list including young players stepping up to a regular backline role and rejigging of our team structure although I doubt that is the either is the preferred option. History states that our list managers will walk away from a deal if the price is too high.

I also doubt that a club that locks out players from there B&F because they request a change of club should be talking of 'integrity'.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/josh-gibson-not-welcome-at-function/story-e6frf9if-1225781854864

I don't think either club holds the "aces", i'm sure for a deal to get done it will be fair and reasonable, but neither Hawk nor Roos supporters are going to agree on what's fair and reasonable.
It will likely be pick 25 + ?

The ? being pick 41 or a young fringe player with potential, one we can cover the loss of.
It won't be a lot more than pick 25 though for it to be fair and reasonable.

I don't think either club holds the "aces", i'm sure for a deal to get done it will be fair and reasonable, but neither Hawk nor Roos supporters are going to agree on what's fair and reasonable.
It will likely be pick 25 + ?

The ? being pick 41 or a young fringe player with potential, one we can cover the loss of.
It won't be a lot more than pick 25 though for it to be fair and reasonable.

This is a sensible post. My posts are in response to the people who keep stating that you will take Pick 25 because that's all we are going to give you.

I will make this my last post because we will never agree on Gibbo's value and as stated at the end of the day the deal won't be done on BF.

Having integrity is being open and honest about what fair and reasonable is... NO ONE at Hawthorn is pretending to hold any aces in this deal... NO one wants to- why? Because we want an outcome that is best for both clubs and player- that intent is what integrity is about. You talk about integrity mate and yet you're prepared to say its ok for North to drive up the price of a player because they can see that 'Hawthorn is desperate.' That is shallow dealing. Have a look at what is going on around the league mate- there are plenty of clubs flat out saying no to second round picks, to third round picks... Swans want the dogs pick 31 for Barry Hall (premiership player- Gibbo cant boast that can they? Dogs need a key forward and supposedly so DESPERATE for one because they are in their premiership window- yet its a huge fat NO TO offering a second rounder), dogs are offering their fourth round pick-they're one of a number of clubs telling counterparts to go stuff themselves... Yet the Hawks didnt do that- no, we offered you pick 25 because we felt that was what he was genuinely worth. We didnt behave like morons and arseholes saying it's pick 41 or pick 57... and yet you have the gaul to talk about fair and reasonable trades when in fact you should be thanking us for being up front and transparent to make life easier for your club.

This is a sensible post. My posts are in response to the people who keep stating that you will take Pick 25 because that's all we are going to give you.

I will make this my last post because we will never agree on Gibbo's value and as stated at the end of the day the deal won't be done on BF.

There's a lot of posturing going on from both sides, let's hope a fair deal gets done early, one that both sides can walk away from feeling like they didn't get reamed, I won't say happy because the Roos aren't happy to be losing Gibson, and I suspect we won't be completely happy with what we have to pay.

If only he was 192/3cm tall.

I actually hope the club sends him to the PSD and won't lose any sleep over not taking Pick 25. Pick 25 in a shallow draft

you really are nuts, choice of development or hissy fit and you choose hissy fit.

I understand some of your points but to send him away for nothing is ridiculous and will only help drive north to the bottom of the ladder...

good luck with that....

It's funny how quickly your club has folded on the issue.

Day One: It's Pick 9 or nothing

Now: Pick 25 and 41 - please?

By the end of next week, it'll be 25.
Gibbo was never worth a top ten pick; at best an ambit claim (like and 2nd round pick for Barry Hall). IMO fair value would be 15-20 (late 1st/early 2nd round) but as Hawthorn's pick is 25 North are looking for 25 plus a sweetener (25+41 as apparently Scott is not interested in fringe players).

The general consensus seems to be 25 plus a sweetener is fair value... the sticking point is the sweetener...

Not to mention that this draft is going to be knowhere near as shallow as all the bigfooty experts have been making it out to be :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbo was never worth a top ten pick; at best an ambit claim (like and 2nd round pick for Barry Hall). IMO fair value would be 15-20 (late 1st/early 2nd round) but as Hawthorn's pick is 25 North are looking for 25 plus a sweetener (25+41 as apparently Scott is not interested in fringe players).

The general consensus seems to be 25 plus a sweetener is fair value... the sticking point is the sweetener...

Nothing sweet about picks after 40.
Why don't we just swap our 41 with Norths 3rd round (53 I think?)
Save us all the restlessness of days going by without any news! :thumbsdown:

Not to mention that this draft is going to be knowhere near as shallow as all the bigfooty experts have been making it out to be :rolleyes:

Exactly!

For instance:

"Dr David Pyne, who oversees our physical testing, tells us it's as good as any group we've had physically," Sheehan said on Friday.

"In fact their endurance is better than any other group. So as athletes we're very happy that these guys are ready to join the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85628/default.aspx

There's a lot of posturing going on from both sides, let's hope a fair deal gets done early, one that both sides can walk away from feeling like they didn't get reamed, I won't say happy because the Roos aren't happy to be losing Gibson, and I suspect we won't be completely happy with what we have to pay.

If only he was 192/3cm tall.

Quality post.

The reality is that Gibson wants out to the Hawks, and the Hawks want him. The idea of a 'trade' is that all parties accept what in their mind, is fair and reasonable. Now what that is in this case who knows, but I'm sure both clubs will be in AGREEMENT for it to actually go through.

For mine, it is more the sting of a player saying he wants out that actually losing Gibbo as a player. With our young key backs coming on it Gibbo may have found himself without a set position in the side, and he can probably find that at the Hawks - therefore if the trade gets done isn't everyone a winner, regardless of what picks/players are involved?

As far as being told not to attend the B&F, I think you'll find it has nothing to do with Gibbo leaving, more on how he chose to go about it (via his manager after he left the country). A perfect example of how it should have been does was Lovertt at Essendon (can't believe I'm actually saying that...) whereby he sat down with them face to face and explained his reasons for wanting to leave. The club agreed and will proceed to trade him to another suitor. He then turned up at the B&F with his head held high knowing he did the right thing, and Essendon thanked him for his efforts.

because I think we might just be asking for the world for Gibbo.
i know you hope thats how this will pan out but can tell you that the deal is virtually done. Both clubs media peoples are already preparing the joint announcement in readiness for the start of trade week.

Key players? Lol.

Yeah Gibson was suddenly not a key player on or about the 10/09/09. Well to the supporters anyway.

North Melbourne defender Josh Gibson has been asked by the club not to attend Friday night's best-and-fairest at Melbourne Park.

You have the same bitter sentiment that bore this decision, even though now it's revealed Scott wants to keep him. Probably should have talked to the coach before the club went ahead and burnt the bridges.

Un-professional.

How about pick 25 and we let the North boys have their piccy taken with the 2008 Premiership cup.

Now that's a great sweetener I am sure you agree. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back