Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gibson will be traded: Scott

ROFL.

Scott preempting what he expects, no wants, to be offered.

Gibson to ND.

Looks like we have picks 25 and 41 in the bag Hawkers.

And to think you thought you could get away with just pick 25.:p
Why should we beleive you that you are getting picks 25 and 41 now? At the start of all this hype most of the NM supporters where convinced they would get pick 9 in some way.

I would do picks 25 and 41 as a Hawk fan, however I can see us getting your thrid round pick as well personally.

Pelchen to only offer third rounder after this cocky little outburst.

National Draft, come on down Mr. Gibson.

Pelchen to only offer third rounder after this cocky little outburst.

National Draft, come on down Mr. Gibson.

Lol.

Chris Pelchin: We will offer pick 25 for Gibson only.

Chris Scott: We will get two young players.

Chris Pelchin: We will offer pick 41 for Gibson only.

Chris Pelchin: That's it, no soup for you!

:p

Lol.

Chris Pelchin: We will offer pick 25 for Gibson only.

Chris Pelchin: We will offer pick 41 for Gibson only.

Chris Pelchin: That's it, no soup for you!

:p

LOL

Pelchen won't even utter 25 now. Can't wait for Brayshaw's crying about our difficult trading procedures next year. Should make for a good 15 weeks of whining.

Scott said we'd be getting two young guys who desperately want to play for the club for Gibbo.

We don't know what the final wash up will be but I reckon its safe to assume it will be pick 25 plus another.

As I've said for a while now, it wouldn't surprise me if a third club is involved in this, especially given guys like Kennedy and McGlynn may be on the way out for you. I can't see you giving up all your picks and taking nothing in the ND.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25 plus some 3rd rounder we pick up from someone else when we trade McGlynn/K3.

We keep 41

Please top up Hawks. Have only just watched cats winning this years flag. We need to tear them a new one and remind everyone who the best club is.

Looks like we have picks 25 and 41 in the bag Hawkers.

And to think you thought you could get away with just pick 25.:p

Thanks for your time Hawkers!!:thumbsu: 25 + 41 :)

Did I miss something? When did Pelch agree on that...? Oh sorry my bad, he didn't.

Btw giantroo, just what is that "something special" that Scott alludes to...? A losing culture? Chicken shagging perhaps? Both very special things that any young & aspiring footballer would want to be a part of...

Pick 25 plus some 3rd rounder we pick up from someone else when we trade McGlynn/K3.

We keep 41

Please top up Hawks. Have only just watched cats winning this years flag. We need to tear them a new one and remind everyone who the best club is.

Yep sounds about right. Given we picked up our current best and fairest, the bloke who came second and the best mature aged recruit in ages with our last three third rounders, I'm not too concerned at having more.

Nah, deal has been done.

Neither side 'screwed' each other. You'll see on Monday.

Wouldn't want to be in Gibbo's shorts first time he runs out against us though.

Yeah, I have no doubt a deal has been done. I was just joking. There was a North poster here insisting that Gibbo's no-show at the B&F indicated that North were going to try and screw him over and not make a trade to protect their integrity. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have no doubt a deal has been done. I was just joking. There was a North poster here insisting that Gibbo's no-show at the B&F indicated that North were going to try and screw him over and not make a trade to protect their integrity. :rolleyes:

Our integrity is intact. We've got a good deal. FWIW Hawthorn are OK in my book in that they targeted a bloke and then ended up paying a fair price. All's fair in love and war etc.

The one person who's integrity is under question is Josh 'Thanks For Taking Me In The Rookie Draft Then Developing Me So I Could Call My Manager From LA And Gutlessly Request A Trade From The Safety Of Santa Monica Boulevard' Gibson.

But he'll keep.

Our integrity is intact. We've got a good deal. FWIW Hawthorn are OK in my book in that they targeted a bloke and then ended up paying a fair price. All's fair in love and war etc.

The one person who's integrity is under question is Josh 'Thanks For Taking Me In The Rookie Draft Then Developing Me So I could Call My Manager From LA And Gutlessly Request A Trade From The Safety Of Santa Monica Boulevard' Gibson.

But he'll keep.

I think supporters are too harsh on players that want to leave their club. He's not Chris Judd. He's not coming to Hawthorn to make big bucks (I think he's getting a slight pay increase).

Agree with you that Hawthorn did nothing wrong. Some of the early hysteria about it was ridiculous. All clubs target players who are coming out of contract. Sydney are going for Kennedy and McGlynn, North had apparently spoken to two of our players - there's nothing wrong with it.

Dunno.

You mention Judd. I despise Judd but he was recruited as a potential gun and became a gun then did what you can do when you're a gun and named his price etc.

Gibbo was running around at bloody TEAC Oval when we picked him up on the rookie list and put a lot of time into him.

There's the entirely accurate argument that he probably wanted to leave because he saw his opportunities to North diminishing. Fair enough.

But do it with some class Josh, especially after we stuck by you after your 'fall' in the bathroom.

To send a message from LA like he's Fiddy Freakin' Cent is plain disrespectful.

Yeah, but just because he was picked up on the rookie list doesn't mean that he should feel indebted to North for the duration of his entire career, to the point where he can't look elsewhere. He's the one that got himself to the point where he's a best 22 player, top 5 in the B&F etc. etc.

Who knows about the America thing? Maybe all of his vanity is just a cover for the fact that he's really, really shy! :D

Still not real sure about getting gibson, but the powers that be must see something there.
As others have said it sounds like a deal is already done with Scott saying we'll trade him out monday morning.
SLF, I think you have a very good point about how Josh went about this, he definately could have gone about it more professionally

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back