Give Us Your Rising Star Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones > All except Selwood, Westhoff and Pendlebury.
And I'd debate Selwood and Pendlebury. Westhoff is just a freak. It is a lot easier playing midfield at a young age than a KP post.

Really impressed with Jones simply because of his performance in an under performing team. Selwood will get it easily. Helps when you get a regular spot in the top team. He's all class.

1. Edwards
2. Thursfield
3. McGuane
4. Connors
5. Riewoldt

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to put bias aside, eh? How Thursfield and Edwards escaped nomination this year is beyond me...

Selwood will poop it in. Pendlebury, Jones, Westhoff and LeCras will make up the other 5 spots.

thursfield got a nom today, i believe

for me
pendlebury, selwood, westhoff, everitt (personal fave although don't think he even got a nom), smith ... and boak probly close up, thursfield too ... leuenberger, although best yet to come.... and goldsack ... i've not seen enough of jones although he's a hard goer in a soft side...and everitt's teammate, williams ...

1 - Selwood
2 - Westhoff
3 - Pendlebury
4 - Smith
5 - Ryder

Westhoff should win it. That's all that matters

If he doesn't it will be because the biased Victorian public have influenced the decision and because Port don't have any fans to push Westhoff's case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Scott Pendlebury (1st in possesions, 1st in marks, 4th in goals)
2. Nathan Jones (1st in tackles, 2nd in possesions)
3. Joel Selwood (3rd in disposals, 3rd in marks)
4. Justin Westhoff (2nd in goals)
5. Shannon Hurn (4th in disposals)

Justin Westhoff for Rising Star!

13 games
2.46 goals per game (32 total)
4.84 marks per game (63 total)
9 disposals per game (117 total)
6.76 kicks per game (88 total)

Not to mention this kid is 199cm and just 89 kg's.

who in their right mind is putting up names like Paddy Ryder??? most overated rookie since daniel wells (god bless his soul). The forgotten thing is Pendlebury's start to the year, it was magnificent, and Selwood has gone with him, all the way to the line boys!

who in their right mind is putting up names like Paddy Ryder??? most overated rookie since daniel wells (god bless his soul). The forgotten thing is Pendlebury's start to the year, it was magnificent, and Selwood has gone with him, all the way to the line boys!

So a consistent level of performance at CHB (with the odd run in the ruck as well) isn't an important factor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Us Your Rising Star Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back