News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

It did look really terrible. Does anybody know if there is another Ground the Geelong VFL could play on besides GMHBA?

Regardless a good surface should hold up a lot better.
I feel like Geelong West would be most suitable for the VFL. Maybe Deakin if they had changerooms. That said, I liked the condition of the ground against the dogs. Reminds me of country footy

Its an outdoor sport in late July with a ground that is highly utilised by AFL, VFL, AFLW and probably VFLW.

Sure another traning facility would be handy but FFS its footy. Been played in muddy conditions before.

I know the players of today dont know about mud and expect a track meet everytime, but FFS its footy.

Not saying its ok all the time but every now and again its gonna raon, be wet and muddy underfoot.
GAS didnt seem to mind it.

Look at the G and how torn up it is. Granted the 5 went ok too... but still you see my point.

Go Catters

Its an outdoor sport in late July with a ground that is highly utilised by AFL, VFL, AFLW and probably VFLW.

Sure another traning facility would be handy but FFS its footy. Been played in muddy conditions before.

I know the players of today dont know about mud and expect a track meet everytime, but FFS its footy.

Not saying its ok all the time but every now and again its gonna raon, be wet and muddy underfoot.
GAS didnt seem to mind it.

Look at the G and how torn up it is. Granted the 5 went ok too... but still you see my point.

Go Catters

Didn't hear any Bulldog players complaining about the surface

Didn't hear any Bulldog players complaining about the surface

JUH did after the match -

“It was (like) running out in a paddock with how muddy it was, it was pretty dangerous out there – obviously just had to keep your feet, but it was really wet out there,” Ugle-Hagan explained.

And later asked who would have complained the most of his teammates given the conditions, the key forward was quick to throw him and his attacking counterparts under the bus.

“It would probably be us key forwards honestly, we hate that stuff but we went alright on the ground,” joked Ugle-Hagan.

I think the ground management is very poor , 2 cases and they have flunked both of them

That cricket match fiasco , i was watching that and Michael Vaughan the ex England captain was in the commentary - and he said Cricket has a habit of doing this to itself , well i think he was wrong their . But he also said the forecast the day before ( Saturday ) was for a heap of rain , thus why wouldnt you put alot more covers around the pitch , which they didnt

Im all for the VFL to be played as the curtain raiser , but it is beyond stupid to do that if the forecast is no good , or their has been rain in the preceeding days

Talk about Hicksville County

JUH did after the match -

“It was (like) running out in a paddock with how muddy it was, it was pretty dangerous out there – obviously just had to keep your feet, but it was really wet out there,” Ugle-Hagan explained.

And later asked who would have complained the most of his teammates given the conditions, the key forward was quick to throw him and his attacking counterparts under the bus.

“It would probably be us key forwards honestly, we hate that stuff but we went alright on the ground,” joked Ugle-Hagan.
I didn't read them at the time!!

Has the club explained what the issue is? Was it just the fact there was a curtain raiser on a wet day? Or is there an underlying problem?

Let's take a leaf out of the development at the WACA and as part of the next stage of development we incorporate Kardinia Pool into the larger stadium area

Just imagine that at half time you can enjoy a refreshing trip on the water slide

IMG_5950.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back