Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 19 Best 'n' Fairest Last Night (Why Marlowe, Why?)

Remove this Banner Ad

okeydoke7 was torn. It wasn't enough

Even joining the Hawks to become full foward and become the all time leading goalkicker of the SFA was not enough.

But how could he beat it? How could he exceed it?

And then he realised how he could stay in the news. The tragic hero. The Royals full forward playing on after tragedy struck his team.

So he planned.
Marlowe and Wise Guy Sam did not suspect anything when they received the free tickets for a space cruise on the Eth Star.
A trip for you and eight other friends.

So they went. At the last minute okeydoke7 called in sick and called in TheFreshBanana to take his place.

After a weeks journey in space, the ship's reactor started to breakdown and passengers were called to the life pods. TheFreshBanana was in first but was rejected, told that lifepods were only for Royalty.

The ten Royals crash landed on the planet in a mountainous, desert region

001.jpg

012.jpg
This is actually going to be pretty fun.
Should be easy to build up defenders because of the natural walls. Just turret domination.

Pity about the lack of food. We need more cannibals

Wow. My own teammates don't think I'm Royalty.

I'm challenging for captaincy.
I challenge your challenge.

Also Easty, me incapable of being intellectual? What is this? A city for ants?

So we agree then. I'm captain.

The_Reaper by the power vested in me I order you to add me to your game.

Cheers mate.

readImage

***ANNOUNCEMENT***
On behalf of the Royals, I'd like to take the time to announce an exciting change to the structure of the leadership group for season 19. Marlowe and to a now lesser extent, myself, will act on behalf on the club in a captaincy capacity, and lead the side into battle on a weekly basis, whilst at the same time shaping the next leaders of the club to take over the reigns when we finally decide the time is right to move into a lesser role.

That time may well be at the conclusion of the current season, it may well be at the end of season 20. Before then, our main focus is on developing a suitable replacement/s, so that we can stand down knowing the club is in adequate hands and capable of leading this club into the next stage of our history.

Instead of appointing a vice captain and deputy vice captain, we decided to go down a different path and offer a challenge to a few younger players. Marlowe and myself thought it unnecessary to follow the normal path of naming a vice captain or a deputy, because a) co-captains takes care of that, and b) the Royal Court sort of makes everyone else an equal VC already.

Right now, we have three young, capable posters, and any one of them could be a future captain or co-captain with the right development and nurturing, and we deemed it fit to offer them all a tremendous opportunity to showcase their leadership wares and aspire to greater things.

I hereby announce that NathanMJ_WB54, timtamWB and sverik25 now form an exciting partnership as part of the emerging leadership group of the Gold City Royals. Like I said, instead of thrusting any one individual into a vice captain role, we deemed it best to bundle the 3 young players we considered to be the best options for the captaincy title moving forward, and give each of them the chance to prove they're willing to grab the bull by the horns and grasp the opportunity with both hands.

They each bring something different to the side, their own individual qualities and attitudes and were all too hard to separate as a stand alone emerging leader, thus they are all here as one...captains in waiting will the chance to prove their worth.

Throughout season 19, each of these players will be developed and given the chance to learn from their current captains, and mature as leaders. We have tremendous faith that all 3 of these fine young players will eventually become fine leaders in their own right and eventually be capable of standing up and becoming captain/s of this wonderful club.

Congratulations on becoming the emerging leaders of the Gold City Royals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats guys.

I figured as my first and last act as a Royal would be to (whatever the announcement was about) instead of taking full control.

Adiós amigos.

See you on the field flogs.

And f u reaper. I just wanted to play :(

013.jpg
A basic plan for our colony.
You can see where the accommodation area will be.

The green zone is for growing crops. Yellow for food storage and red for general storage.

You can also see the first western wall we will be making. Everyone is sleeping on the sand on day one though.
I, Gibbke and Wise Guy Sam get the Lee-Enfields.

014.jpg
Actually some of us will get to sleep indoors tonight.

015.jpg
And we need to research this

016.jpg
Happy birthday sverik25

017.jpg
We could trade with them in theory

018.jpg
But we won't

019.jpg
Fittingly it is Easty who decides to found our colony

020.jpg
Gold City at present with the four turrets.

022.jpg
We have some basic defences up and nothing interesting is happening so it's time

The natural defence and me finally having a rifle will make us near unstoppable.

No doubt I'll be killed first by a giant octopus that grabs me from the lake we are using as a wall.

G'day fellas. I'm new to this thing and still undecided about whether to join the GC Royals, Hawks or Roys...

Preferred position 1: Inside midfielder
Preferred position 2: Outside midfielder
Preferred position 3: Half forward line
Number: 14
Height: 187cm
Weight: 90kg

Here's your last chance to convince me.

G'day fellas. I'm new to this thing and still undecided about whether to join the GC Royals, Hawks or Roys...

A Gold City Royals contract comes with a free frogurt.

Gold City Royals are a new side, only 3 seasons old. We've never made the finals, and you can make a name for yourself as being the new savior when we do this season with you on board. Besides that, I'm co-captain and I'm a fellow Geelong supporter. If you like the underdog, the Royals are your team. We're kind of like Geelong pre-07 ... on the verge of greatness.

We're better than the rest of the league :p

A lot of our posters are highly rated and have a strong presence in the league. We've got a great upper echelon and a good core of young posters, just about ready to take the league by storm and go on a tear winning flag after flag until we get booted out of the league for winning too many flags.

And our parties are the bomb.

We will delist* number 14 so you get your chosen number.

More likely to have 2 #14 and confuse our enemy and of course excite Melbourne Fans with how much that number 14 gets the ball.

Those other teams are loser teams, and I think they even know that. We, on the other hand, refuse to accept reality, which is what makes us the ultimate fantasy team.

I was in a similar position to you at the start of last season, having to decide which team I wanted to play for. I chose the Royals, and being honest here, have loved all of it. My teammates are great to play and post with and on field, we're ready to take the next step up the ladder. Join us, you won't regret it. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 19 Best 'n' Fairest Last Night (Why Marlowe, Why?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back