Roast Gold Coast and McKenna

Remove this Banner Ad

MEH TIGER

Rookie
Feb 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't post very often but I was just watching the Channel 10 news and Guy McKenna made the smart ass comment saying of the last 6 new teams to enter the comp 4 of the 6 have won their first game, those teams played Richmond and he indicated he wished he was playing us.

I am feeling a lot of hate for him and them.

I know this is wrong but I hope Carltank PUMP them

I don't post very often but I was just watching the Channel 10 news and Guy McKenna made the smart ass comment saying of the last 6 new teams to enter the comp 4 of the 6 have won their first game, those teams played Richmond and he indicated he wished he was playing us.

I would have thought being a Richmond supporter you would have thicker skin than that.

Plus what McKenna said is true anyway. I hope Carlton get pumped :thumbsu:

Maybe I have it wrong but the last 6 teams to enter the comp are Port Adelaide, Fremantle, West Coast, Brisbane Bears, Adelaide and Brisbane Lions if you go that way.

Adelaide played Hawthorn first game. Port Adelaide played Collingwood and their first home game was against Essendon. Bears played North Melbourne. Brisbane Lions played Adelaide and their first home game was against St. Kilda. The other two did play us we beat Fremantle and lost to West Coast.

Maybe you could argue Sydney were a new team then in that case they played Melbourne first up in 1982. Back in 1925 we played Hawthorn in their first match but we won that as well. Only other first up game I think we have played was in 1908 when we joined the VFL and we definitely didn't play ourselves. It was Melbourne and we won.

Maybe I have it wrong but the last 6 teams to enter the comp are Port Adelaide, Fremantle, West Coast, Brisbane Bears, Adelaide and Brisbane Lions if you go that way.

Adelaide played Hawthorn first game. Port Adelaide played Collingwood and their first home game was against Essendon. Bears played North Melbourne. Brisbane Lions played Adelaide and their first home game was against St. Kilda. The other two did play us we beat Fremantle and lost to West Coast.

Maybe you could argue Sydney were a new team then in that case they played Melbourne first up in 1982. Back in 1925 we played Hawthorn in their first match but we won that as well. Only other first up game I think we have played was in 1908 when we joined the VFL and we definitely didn't play ourselves. It was Melbourne and we won.

Yep no idea where he got 4 from.

You can add to that that we did beat Fremantle in their first game albeit not too convincingly. (whoops re read and you have mentioned that)

Very close to being beaten by them on a windy day at the MCG.

Our showing against West Coast wasn't too bad considering they beat a number of teams on their home patch during the year. Maurice Rioli was our best player that day.

I am not sure why he made the reference, or how correct it was but it was the smug way ihe said it, he was being an absolute knob.

That's ok, the players should just bookmark the comments and remember them during the game. I'm sure Kingy will be quite chipper about the remarks. Remember when Vossy made a ******** remark all those years ago before playing the Blues in a cut throat final? It just pays to keep your mouth shut at times.

Nah, I reckon thats a fair call!!!

I would have thought GC would want to play Brisbane though for the win:confused::confused::confused::confused::cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunatly we don't get them until late in the season, when they've had a while to get used to the AFL. Should still win, but would expect them to be playing a bit better than the shit they've dished up tonight.

Our side would have smacked them tonight as well, sounds like sour grapes to me hope you get the spoon now suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Gold Coast and McKenna

Remove this Banner Ad

Back