Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great: Soligo, Crouch
Good: Dawson, Michalaney, Worrell, Rankine, Fogarty, Keane, Walker, Hinge
Average: Butts, Nankervis, Laird, Sholl, Keays, McHenry, O'Brien, Rachele, Curtin
Bad: Jones, Himmelberg, Cook
Terrible: Smith

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match s**t about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.
Couldn’t disagree more. Violence against women is a very serious issue

Ah, Friday morning. Clear skies, birds chirping and my biggest decision over my morning coffee is whether to go into work all guns blazing or adopt the smug, content approach.
Maybe keep it understated and classy

Facepaint but no scarf

Nank not recognised as much as he should have been. Had a couple of tricky moments but so calm under pressure

Has been really impressive Nank.

I love that he takes the game on - even after mistakes. Seems to rush things a little bit right now, but just seems like the type of player where there is going to be a moment where it all clicks and the game slows down a little for him.

Reminds me a little of pre-injury Milera the way he evades in close.

Agree that Violence full stop needs to stop. Ive seen women wacking men and men just having to put up with it cause they know they if they lay a hand on her hes in trouble for defending himself.
There is a big difference between that and murder.
Read this somewhere and it’s very apt:
A man worries a woman will embarrass him, a woman worries a man will kill her.

In Australia right now it’s a very real worry for many women and it’s a reality that it is happening.
You can’t down play this in any way.

LOVE:

The arrogant, chirpy, unwashed, nuffy PAP supporters.... Go suck a big fat one :$, Go listen to NTUA you flogs.

Your team is massively overrated and your back/forward lines are total garbage.

Full of faux-tough players who throw their heads back and downhill ski.

Im so glad we won that :hearts::hearts:- BOOM!!!

Call Of Duty Fire GIF by Xbox

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match s**t about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.

Imagine being furious because people acknowledge that women being murdered isn’t okay. Got something to confess, little fella?

Look I am not a Nicks fan or of our coaching set up and our team selections are constantly staggering .
McHenry still in and Smith as sub , well not much more can say.
But have to admit we did have a game plan to frustrate Port and players commitment to applying massive pressure all game showed there is strong support of him by players.
But of course memories still there of Worrell , Nankervis etc waiting waiting opportunity and Soligo as sub first game and only getting key time as mid when we stunk so bad there in those early losses.
Re best players I would like to add that thought that Fogarty game was huge tonight and gave us so much confidence early .
And MM just does so much clean and amazing defence work hardtop believe 2nd year.
Can't wait to see some more run and carry in future from likes of Shoey and Taylor from stoppages etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious to hear Hinkley own up to playing Rozee when they shouldn't have.

I bet if they were playing North last night they would have rested him.

You can add this to the big list of questionable medical calls that club continually seems to make.

Why does that club continually ignore player safety when it comes to trying to win big games.

What to do with Himmelberg?

Insipid first half

Did a few decent things after half time

Doesn't feel like there's a clear leader out of him, Gollant and Burgess. All keeping the seat warm for Thilthorpe
Burgess needs another run now we’re not playing as badly as the first few weeks when he was selected. I think he is ahead of the other two when factoring in both forward and ruck duties.

And bring Strachan in for O’Brien.

Ugly: we had 72 tackles for the game. Did we get anyone HTB?
There were a couple. If we tackled better we would have been given half a dozen more. We don’t pin their forearms and they still get the handball away. Although I do wonder what happened to the holding the ball rule where if the ball isn’t pinned to you and you don’t dispose correctly it was called.

Burgess needs another run now we’re not playing as badly as the first few weeks when he was selected. I think he is ahead of the other two when factoring in both forward and ruck duties.

And bring Strachan in for O’Brien.

Are you joking?

Strachan is a complete spud and I'd persist with Gollant than Burgess.

Burgess is a below average 28 year old and offers nothing. There's more value getting games in Gollant.

Our season is done and we need to start doing what we can to give us the best chance in 2025.

Except that Smith didn’t really impact though, did he? I had no issues with Curtin coming off but Smith as a sub was a mistake.
The sub is meant to come on and bring energy.

Smith looked completely sluggish.

We would have been better off with Berry as the sub.

Has been really impressive Nank.

I love that he takes the game on - even after mistakes. Seems to rush things a little bit right now, but just seems like the type of player where there is going to be a moment where it all clicks and the game slows down a little for him.

Reminds me a little of pre-injury Milera the way he evades in close.
I like lots of what he brings but seems to lack that spatial awareness a bit at this point in time. Gets himself into trouble a little more often than he needs to but it's probably because he's trying to make a good decision with ball in hand rather than just rushing to kick it. Hopefully improves in this area in time. Gotta just keep putting games into him anyway.

Are you joking?

Strachan is a complete spud and I'd persist with Gollant than Burgess.

Burgess is a below average 28 year old and offers nothing. There's more value getting games in Gollant.

Our season is done and we need to start doing what we can to give us the best chance in 2025.
I don't think there's any value in getting games into Gollant at AFL level really. Both seem like depth only.

Good: Rankine's 2 world class goals. You pay a pick 5 for a guy like that every single day of the week.
Love how he just treated the opposition with contempt.

Shrugging tackles with ease, throwing players off him and running around them.I think he dished a don't argue on JHF as well and of course the elite finishing under pressure.

That last goal reminded me of his junior highlights where he walks around players in tight and at speed.

Fog has definitely turned the corner. You could see signs in previous week's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back