Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Howlett tackle, players just can't sling players into the ground anymore. There was a moment in the third in our forward pocket where Tex tackled a player and could have absolutely dumped him but chose not to. He pretty much placed him on the ground and honestly, the game is better for it. It's no less entertaining or exciting a game having sling tackles that potentially concuss dudes being phased out of the game.

Betts 11 goals in the last 8 games since the bye. Needs to buck his idea's up and go back to basics.

We have won more games than any other team and he has been our best player this season. Must be a smokey for the brownlow. Would be awesome if he got overlooked for AA and then took charlie home.

Would be even more awesome that Danger was the one hanging it on his neck!*

*Although i hope he doesn't get to attend as we're still in Adelaide prepping for a certain game that week.....

Loving what Keef brings.
cJfSsz.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see lots of talk about the umpiring favouring us, but yet to see anyone talk about how Leuenberger got away with the most blatant anti-ruck wrestling game I've seen since they instituted the Naitanui rule to supposedly stamp it out. It was a full on ruck tag.

You could see a number of guys who had big games last week struggled to back it up.

Sloane, Brad, Eddie, Tex, Jacobs just to name a few.

**** me Matt is consistent though. His lowest disposal count for the year is 27.

Talia should not play next week. He looked clearly hampered out there tonight and was trailing his opponent time after time. Buddy will kick a bag regardless, so might as well get our best defender right for the finals.

When Matt Crouch out bodied Goddard for a ground ball, picked it up and shot out a quick hand pass - I realised he has now entered the top echelon of players in the comp. wonder when the rest of the comp is going to realise how amazing this kid is. Very quickly pushing into the top 5 in his draft class. We are going to get to enjoy a decade of watching this guy.

He was very impressive with agility and run, as well as defence, as opposed to Talia, who looked like an aged Rutten with his lack of agility. ;)

I like how quite a few times Keef had his right side and arm wrestling with an Ess tall in a marking contest and Keef then sticks out his left arm to spoil the ball coming in well in front of the Ess player.

Good:

Was at the game. Essendon came at us hard twice in the second half and really grabbed the momentum. I was very impressed by our ability to twice absorb that pressure, control the game and swing the momentum back. It's the sign of a mature team, and it didn't really feel like we got out of second gear tonight. Was good to see Keath live too, he's got some genuine athleticism.

Bad:

Didn't like Charlie's energy at the ground, he seems really flat at the moment. Thought Riley Knight had a poor game, his disposal in the first half was terrible.

BEST aspect from win: Locking in a Top 2 spot. Congrats to Pyke and the boys, job well done so far.
Arrested the momentum several times at key points. That's crucial for our success in finals where we might not have it our way the entire time.
Yes, Bombers came back at us three times, getting within 19 in 3rd quarter and 23 (I think) in the last. Some previous Crows sides have lost must-win games from such positions, but not the 2017 version. They met the challenges and fought back every time. I thought the Crows showed some steely calm when they were threatened --- good preparation for finals games where teams will fight back, more than once.
They are showing real self-belief and confidence in each other.

Sloaney has the most flexible knee/leg in history, I paused it right as he got the kick off and it was bent around the Essendon bloke like a wet noodle. Tough hombre.

Yeah well they checked his Knee but he hasn't had scans and I won't be surprised if he's got problems there. I fractured my forearm and the doctor said it was unusual to just crack one of the 2 bones and it didn't really hurt unless I bent my wrist backwards. Seeing that I'm a bit worried.

Absolutely loved Smithers tonight, and I thought Keef was great.

How was the nuffies in the media this week saying we couldn't play Etihad though? We are a fast running skillful side, why wouldn't we go well under the roof?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep most people in Melbourne were tipping the bombers surprisingly yet we have won it convincingly and will still be get no credit.
You'd think you'd get a bit of credit for winning one we weren't tipped to do so.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back