Review Good night season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone do a solid and take one for the team and summarise Ken's post game presser

He said they broke down going forward and they broke down in defence. Added that usually there are a number of KPIs that when hit, the team usually gets a good result. And the majority of those KPIs were indeed met tonight but they were so far from getting a good result. He looked genuinely beside himself, somewhat bemused and confused.

McKenzie could barely move, Rozee same
Skinner pretty disappointing after all I read here during the week.
Boak SPP Wines Lachie played well.
Sadly our pressure was ok but well beaten

He said they broke down going forward and they broke down in defence. Added that usually there are a number of KPIs that when hit, the team usually gets a good result. And the majority of those KPIs were indeed met tonight but they were so far from getting a good result. He looked genuinely beside himself, somewhat bemused and confused.

Imagine the huddles.

"We need to work harder for longer. We are up in Contested Possessions, Tackles, inside 50s... Wait what the ****?"

So a normal run of the mill press conference then?

So a normal run of the mill press conference then?

Usually he is a bit more up and about regardless of the result - can usually take a few positives and go "well look we weren't that far off etc" - but tonight was a bit different. He certainly knows that there are significant problems with the team right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the flip side, one of those teams (the Swans in 2017) went on to lose their first 6 games and still made finals. Don't give up hope, Port fans!
No thanks. I'd rather finish bottom 4 and get a new coach than scrape into an elimination final and go into next year with Hinkley.

Also agree on the comments about Sin

Very concerned.

I can understand low possession numbers and game time but I'm still waiting for him to show anything that is AFL potential.
He's played little Football over the last 2 years, he should be spending most of this season in the SANFL to try and make up some of that development, not playing in the AFL side. This is not like normal where we could throw kids in on the back of a full season of U18 Footy.

He really hangs his hat on the stats doesn’t he? Is he yet to realise that Football is too chaotic of a sport to be so 1 dimensional in your approach to a match? over reliance on the plan without any awareness of the fact that sometimes you just have to switch it up a bit and let the players play their natural game is part of the reason why we’ve crumbled so many times in the big games in recent years, He’s suffocating our squad! He needs to free up our players a bit and let their natural football instincts kick in at times. It explains why so many of our promising young players start off so well only to turn into shadows of their former selves after a few years under Ken

Last edited:
Also agree on the comments about Sin

Very concerned.

I can understand low possession numbers and game time but I'm still waiting for him to show anything that is AFL potential.
lol just ur comments. Ur comments have been constantly negative about him.

He was fine for a first gamer, the team was just completely garbage.

Sack Ken, Sack Basssett.

I’m not surprised at all by the result. If anything, I’m surprised we made it as far as we did over the last 2 years…

Our structure is horrible. Lacking natural forwards. Meh ruckman. Shocking tall backs (other than Aliir)

Coaching is horrendous. The game plan is diabolical. No instinctive forward system at all.

The list is okay, but IMO over rated. We’re severely lacking in developing, young key position players.

I just don’t see where the improvement will come from?

What an unceremonious, disjointed, rabble of a performance. Coke Zero Ken has had 10 years to get it right, & all he has managed to master in that time, is goalless quarters. For the majority of supporters with a footy IQ above room temperature, Ken has become such a stench, that we’ve emotionally checked out. I can’t think of a more demoralising, uninspiring coaching duo then the Ken & Bass show.

Even though our structure & game plan is woefully inept, & straight out of an apocalyptic disaster movie, some players deserve to be read the riot act.

Todd Marshall‘s Port career ended tonight, you can’t excuse his past fortnight.
Did we actually give up a 2nd rounder for Finlayson? Lazy, unfit, & just plain terrible.
Rozee’s high draft position, good looks, & flashy cameos must be the main reasons he keeps being selected, because it certainly has nothing to do with his football ability.
Skinner is a liability & not AFL standard
Mackenzie is a spent force.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good night season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back