Review Good night season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Take the following however you want to.

But I agree 100% that Big Scooter was Port's best player by a country mile in the 2nd quarter and Sam the same in the 3rd. Pity they couldn't have 4 big quarters each,

FOxf0DJaAAEU_Rh

I'm done. I thought I was in 2016. I thought I was in 2018, again in 2019.

But this is it.

WHERE'S THE HOPE?

WHAT THE fu** HAVE I GOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO OTHER THAN SEVERAL YEARS OF MIDTABLE SHIT.

Ken is stale. He hasn't gotten the best out of this group ever. We're a team of boring robots that play this boring, slow, structured footy, that creates this boring congested, slop fest, where there is zero semblance of a forward system and if our defence is exposed 1:1 by our team defence, we leak goals like crazy.

We are gone.

I've spent every weekend sacrificing to watch this club since the 80s. I've never left a game early. I'm as devoted as they come, but its time, im out for the year. There's no point wasting my time on this until the board gets some ******* gumption and invests in change and hope. Sick of watching us like a masochist, expecting something different from a team that isn't anywhere near capable under this leadership of delivering, despite what denial they are in internally.

There's more important things in life and this coach has killed my love for the game, and I have ZERO hope for us. We are literally an entire rebuild away from any hint of success, and even then the loser mentality within the club is going to be incredibly hard to overcome.
Brilliant post, says it all!!!

Here's some home truths about some of our players. Don't care if I sound harsh. They're professional athletes getting paid six figure salaries to perform. Deal with it.

Marshall is a liability. He's not good enough and will never be good enough. He's weak in the contest. He has poor touch. He doesn't provide anything in the air or on the ground, offensively or defensively. If he were playing for the Crows we'd all be laughing at him. I get that he's had a hard time personally. Give him an off field role a the club, I'm sure he could provide some value somewhere. His value isn't on the field.

Skinner is possibly the worst player I've ever seen play for the club. That's not an exaggeration. He is sloth like and is not capable of playing even one serviceable game of AFL. Full stop.

Finlayson is a terrible addition to the team. Can't mark anything and refuses to compete at ground level or in the air. His only weapon is that he can snap a goal if given space to do so. He'll never get that space at Port so it's a useless skill. His set shot kicking is diabolical like everyone else.

Rozee is a poor footballer. He isn't good at anything except running around in circles looking like he's going to do something and then just handballing backwards to a teammate. He's soft, his touch is poor, his bodywork is terrible. He just plain sucks. People just think he might be good because he's good looking and went at pick 5. He's not good and won't be.

Jonas is cooked. Should never have taken on the captaincy given his form last year and what that reasonably could have been expected to translate into this year. A selfish decision.

I will only add that bad teams make players look worse than they are. Good teams do the opposite.

I see some similarities on complaints around Hinkley's coaching, so I'm not convinced it won't change in the future. Tonight's game would be a massive statistical outlier and I reckon the predictions of 0-5 are far too pessimistic.

MC, this is his 10th year. We’ve seen plenty of the sh*t before.

No pandemic, and we’re back to normal. Maybe, even worse than normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was like the 2021 PF all over again in the sense that they were so much cleaner and composed while we were fumbling, not able to do a thing right.

We’ve become a soft club of bathwater-gargling frontrunners and it comes from the top down.

Culture’s f**ked, and the vast majority of apologists on socials — I’ve actually seen more than one point out the old chestnut of getting hammered by North in 2004 — are blissfully unaware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good night season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back