Graham Polak. Recruit of the year so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Even this season Polak would be getting a game ahead of McPharlin whose been useless so far.

McPharlin has a couple of bad games, but he's also had a number of very good and outstanding games. The difference here still is that McPharlin is capable of playing on an opponent by himself. We don't have to hide McPharlin's weaknesses by not giving him an opponent. If Polak ever learns to look after an opponent on his own, then he MAY have found a way into the Freo side. That was way too hard for him though, so he took the easy option of Richmond.

Why can't it be a win/win situation - Freo are more than happy with Tarrant (this weeks events don't change his value to the team) and Richmond are happy with Polak - both players have moved on, their old teams have moved on. Isn't that the point of trade week?

Why can't it be a win/win situation - Freo are more than happy with Tarrant (this weeks events don't change his value to the team) and Richmond are happy with Polak - both players have moved on, their old teams have moved on. Isn't that the point of trade week?

Not to the good people of bigfooty. They're obsessed with finding winners and losers in every trade so they can rub opposition fans noses in it. The media love to criticise trades too, so it's probably no wonder clubs are becoming less inclined to trade lest it blow up in their faces.

Yep. Because we let him go.

Everybody knows why he didn't have his head in the game at Freo. He didn't deserve a game for that and didn't want to take his medicene in the WAFL so he pissed off.

He said he'd join Carlton for nothing (his manager has confirmed this publicly) if we didn't trade him to the Tiges. We had no choice.

Hope the F***er rots in hell.

And herein lies the freo culture. You w@nkers deserve everything you cop. Tarran, farmer and all the rest of the rat infested parasites you have. Do yourself a favour and release pavlich before it's too late. He's too good to be at that schythole.

Interesting, played loose in the first half and killed it, played on Ben Holland in the 2nd half and had 3 goals kicked on him. :confused:

Really? Why don't you carefully watch the game and really see how holland got his goals. One from a crap free kick and one from a mark which clearly wasn't with 4 sets of hands touching the ball.

Then come back to us knob.

I haven't watched much of Richmond this year, let's face it, why would I?

So I haven't seen much of Polak, but Mal Michael has been an outstanding pick up for us. He's made a big impact on the footy club.

Essendon has only generated a loose man through playing seven defenders in a couple of games, a lot of the time Fletch is loose because he allows his player to push up the ground.

The Brisbane game for example, Selwood was Fletcher's opponent. Selwood was effectively a forward, but he played as an extra centreman. Fletch sat back infront of Brown. Lets not discredit Fletcher because Brisbane refused to pick him up.

Again, I haven't seen a lot of Richmond, but last night it looked to me as if Richmond played seven defenders in order to get Polak free. Wallace has done that for years.

Mal Micheal is passed his best. 30yo+

Polak 23 yo.

Geez it's hilarious reading all the frocker fans on this thread. LMAO at them trying to justify how crap polak is. Well if he's as crap as you say he is then I hope this crapness continues for the rest of his days at punt road.

Simmonds was crap too right? Riggghhhht??????

W@nkers.

And herein lies the freo culture. You w@nkers deserve everything you cop. Tarran, farmer and all the rest of the rat infested parasites you have. Do yourself a favour and release pavlich before it's too late. He's too good to be at that schythole.

Someone's taken their angry pills.

What culture would that be champ? The fact that some of our supporters are holding a grudge because Polak threatened to walk out into the PS draft and leave the club with nothing? I'm sure other clubs supporters would be much more forgiving of their players doing that though wouldn't they?

If Freo is a schythole what does that make Richmond, considering they've won the least amount of games of any club in the AFL era? I would tell you to do your superstar players a favour and release them, but I'm not sure you have any.

Really? Why don't you carefully watch the game and really see how holland got his goals. One from a crap free kick and one from a mark which clearly wasn't with 4 sets of hands touching the ball.

Then come back to us knob.

he still had 3 goals kicked on him, doesnt matter how you get them

Terry Wallace is a PR machine. It even stems to his trading.

Look at Patrick Bowden last year, Polak this year. Both allowed to be the spare man in defence.

Rodney Eade summed it up brilliantly, everyone looks great when they run around without an opponent. (his comments on P.Bowden's 'good' year last year).

Simmonds was crap too right? Riggghhhht??????

I'd prefer Heath Black any day of the week. We have two ruckman thata re plenty good enough. One better than Simmonds and one that is well on the way.
FWIW Simmonds was a hack when we picked him up in exchange for Daniel Bandy(3 way deal), we turned him into a pretty reasonable player and than traded him for Black cos he ahd no worth to us. I think we won when it comes to Simmonds. Oh and we dont have a beaten up ruckman signed to a 5 year deal either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thing you must remember tig supporters, is that you didn't get him for nothing, you lost a first round pick. what you have, is an established mature player who appears a loose man (collecting large amounts of uncontested posesisons) who had a big rep from coming high in a strong draft. you'd hope you got something decent otherwise it would've been a real loss.

he's playing well in his role, but certainly isn't a match winner, because he can't play forward.

another player like him, danny jacobs, we got when stupid schwab was around, for a second rounder. mr looseman got 20 marks against brisbane, but wadya know, we lost the game. bit like richmond having the recruit of the yr yet losing continually.

will ya give us a first rounder for jacobs at the end of the yr?

best recruits are something for nothing: pre-season draft.
rodan and michael have been useful, and nothing was given.

so the good new for tig supporters, is with their position on the ladder, they may be able to steal a player in that upcoming draft (depending of course whether they're not over-paying players and have salary cap space).

thing you must remember tig supporters, is that you didn't get him for nothing, you lost a first round pick. what you have, is an established mature player who appears a loose man (collecting large amounts of uncontested posesisons) who had a big rep from coming high in a strong draft. you'd hope you got something decent otherwise it would've been a real loss.

No they didnt mate. Was Polak and pick 11 for Pick 8. Basically got him for nothing.
But if we didnt do that we wouldnt have got Tarrant and Polak would have gone to Carlton for nothing.

No they didnt mate. Was Polak and pick 11 for Pick 8. Basically got him for nothing.
But if we didnt do that we wouldnt have got Tarrant and Polak would have gone to Carlton for nothing.

Its was pick 13.

What people forget is that Polak is playing a variety of roles. He played in the ruck last night, often takes the resting forward ruckmen and small bursts on the CHF. This is because he came across from fremantle very unfit and with a terrible body shape. He doesnt have the fitness to run out a whole game on a Pavlich, Lucas or Brown who will run him into the ground. Hopefully next year he will start to do this.

He doesnt have the fitness to run out a whole game on a Pavlich, Lucas or Brown who will run him into the ground. Hopefully next year he will start to do this.

He is to slow and doesnt have the body strenght to play on these guys. His fitness issue his his problem not the clubs. The club can set things in position for you to do it but its up to the player to do the work.

Its was pick 13.

What people forget is that Polak is playing a variety of roles. He played in the ruck last night, often takes the resting forward ruckmen and small bursts on the CHF. This is because he came across from fremantle very unfit and with a terrible body shape. He doesnt have the fitness to run out a whole game on a Pavlich, Lucas or Brown who will run him into the ground. Hopefully next year he will start to do this.

I love how this is somehow the Docker's fault - Polak is unfit so the Docker's are useless. How bad must West Coast be based on the current state of Ashley Sampi? Freo are one of the fittest teams in the competition - they consistently outrun teams like Richmond and Hawthorn who rely heavily on their running gameplans to win. Polak's fitness when he arrived at Richmond is purely a reflection on himself, not Fremantle.

He is to slow and doesnt have the body strenght to play on these guys.

He doesnt have the body strength yet but he has a sub 3 sec 20 metre sprint at richmond so i would suggest he does have the pace to go with them.

I love how this is somehow the Docker's fault - Polak is unfit so the Docker's are useless. How bad must West Coast be based on the current state of Ashley Sampi? Freo are one of the fittest teams in the competition - they consistently outrun teams like Richmond and Hawthorn who rely heavily on their running gameplans to win. Polak's fitness when he arrived at Richmond is purely a reflection on himself, not Fremantle.

I never said Freo were to blame for his fitness levels.

But since he has come across he has been committed and hopefully with another pre-season under his belt he will have the motor and upperbody strength to compete with these blokes.

Well if history is anything to go by freo will bring him back in a couple of years for double the price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Polak. Recruit of the year so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back