Graham Polak. Recruit of the year so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad decision on Freo's behalf to let him go....

big mistake.
Yep. Because we let him go.

Everybody knows why he didn't have his head in the game at Freo. He didn't deserve a game for that and didn't want to take his medicene in the WAFL so he pissed off.

He said he'd join Carlton for nothing (his manager has confirmed this publicly) if we didn't trade him to the Tiges. We had no choice.

Hope the F***er rots in hell.

Hope he enjoys his first win as a Tiger.

Let's hope he doesn't enjoy it too much ;)

How did he do in the 3rd term when Paul Johnson went to him? Is hopeless when he has an opponent to mind.
Anyone can get 25+ possesions when you run around by yourself, and teams let him do it cos his disposals dont hurt you.

Have a sook!

In FACT - Polak has the LEAST clangers per disposal out of ANY Richmond player!

Safest hands + safest disposal = GUN.

Name me one player that he has played on 'one on one' and beaten?
Didnt get Pavlich, didnt get Brown, didnt get Hall, didnt get Lucas, didnt get Rocca.
Why doesn't this stud CHB get the best CHF's week in week out?

That's because we have Joel Bowden to do these jobs - the best CHB in the COMPETITION as evident by his AA CHB honour in 2006 :thumbsu:

Yep. Because we let him go.

Everybody knows why he didn't have his head in the game at Freo. He didn't deserve a game for that and didn't want to take his medicene in the WAFL so he pissed off.

He said he'd join Carlton for nothing (his manager has confirmed this publicly) if we didn't trade him to the Tiges. We had no choice.

Hope the F***er rots in hell.
The rumour I'd heard was he was quite keen on drugs and other 'medicenes'
Stress rumour

Best pair of recruits by one club - Alwyn Davey and Mal Michael
These two turned a shaky defence and a slow forward line into a rock-solid back 6 capable of holding the very best in the game, and putting doubt into the minds of (IMHO) the best running backline in the league - the Crows

my aa chb

Lets hope the AA team has someone else who can actually play on CHF's then. Because Polak never does. Maybe he can have the AA spot reserved for the 3rd man up defender.

In FACT - Polak has the LEAST clangers per disposal out of ANY Richmond player!

Safest hands + safest disposal = GUN.

He only has the least clangers because he seeks out the safest option every time. Watch him when he tries to actually pinpoint a leading forward like he did in the 3rd quarter. All on his own under no pressure and he overcooks the 30m pass inside the forward 50.

He's far from having the safest disposal or decision making under pressure. Melbournes first three scoring shots tonight all came from Polak mistakes. One from a free for in the back, one from a shoddy kick out of the 50 that bounced straight to a Demon, and one when he overran a ball on the ground allowing the opposition to pick it up 30m out from goal.

Tonight was a typical Polak game. Some fantastic marks as the 3rd man up, a lot of running around loose linking up possession and very little actual one on one defending.

He's a KPP that struggles to play man on man in a key position. I can't recall him spoiling or outmarking a direct opponent one on one very often tonight, if at all. So he plays as a loose linkman instead, but lacks the skills to execute incisive attacking plays. Instead he takes the safe option and chips the ball on to another loose man.

I'm not saying he's a hack, far from it, and he does seem to be steadily developing at Richmond. But he's not this towering CHB star that some people seem to think he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best pair of recruits by one club - Alwyn Davey and Mal Michael
These two turned a shaky defence and a slow forward line into a rock-solid back 6 capable of holding the very best in the game, and putting doubt into the minds of (IMHO) the best running backline in the league - the Crows

GGfS. We're gonna rip u rats. Can't stand u bomber pr..s. Arrogant mf's. You'll know what a real supporter-base is all about. All numbers, no spirit. :thumbsdown:

GO TIGES!!!

Yes and Yes. Polak is having a great season but you are an idiot if you are saying that he is in Fletcher or Clement's league!

I for one minute dont claim he is in the same league just yet as Clement or Fletcher! & sorry buddy Clement plays on players like N.Brown some weeks & some weeks he plays tall ! That was my point as the Freo poster claimed because he hasn't played on the best chf each week,he hasn't played any good.We have someone who has been the all Aus chb for the last 2 years playing that role! I agree with you that Polak is having a great season as a sweeping defender,but i dont agree with you that Clement gets the chf every week.Clement gets the best forward each week weather he be a tall or short.

Another sensational game today and probably leading richmonds B&F or certainly in the top three. Has been a revelation for our backling this year with sensational hands.

Interested in others thoughts.

Trades with Fremantle should not be included in any "recruit of the year" discussions. They dont trade, they donate.

I for one minute dont claim he is in the same league just yet as Clement or Fletcher! & sorry buddy Clement plays on players like N.Brown some weeks & some weeks he plays tall ! That was my point as the Freo poster claimed because he hasn't played on the best chf each week,he hasn't played any good.We have someone who has been the all Aus chb for the last 2 years playing that role! I agree with you that Polak is having a great season as a sweeping defender,but i dont agree with you that Clement gets the chf every week.Clement gets the best forward each week weather he be a tall or short.

Exactly, all of a sudden he's crap because he doesn't play man on man but does that make Mundy crap?

Either way, all players have their weaknesses but it's what they can do with their strengths that matters (Judd can't play in the forward line but he still goes ok). Polak is having a great year and that's a credit to him.

Hes Dustin Fletcher Version 2. Will be a very similar player to Dustin. Awesome pickup no matter how much Freo wants want to deny it. Recruit of the year easily

One of the few things that have gone right for the Tiges this year. A massive recruit. Best mark in the league, reads the play well and has quick hands when handballing. Rapt to have him. Foley would be leading our B&F, but Polak would definately be in the top 3. Thanks Freo, you did owe us though considering we should of had Pavlich. ;)

GO TIGES!!!

I think the Richmond recruiters owed their fans a win because they were the idiots who were so hell bent on recruiting a midfielder that they forced Freos hand to recruit Hasleby at #2 in the draft, so they then settled on Fiora as the next best midfielder, only themselves to blame.

They have then systematically recruited talented but weak players that can't make a consistent impact. The Dockers had 3 top 5 picks that year and should have had Joel Corey at the club and not Drafted Leigh Brown, but that is history and Richmonds recruiting has been crap except for Deledio.

:rolleyes: Wait for the Bumber supporters to come here and say Mal Michael sigh ! Yes he has been a great pick up , good pick up in my supercoach team as well:thumbsu:

I haven't watched much of Richmond this year, let's face it, why would I?

So I haven't seen much of Polak, but Mal Michael has been an outstanding pick up for us. He's made a big impact on the footy club.

Whats Fletcher?

Essendon has only generated a loose man through playing seven defenders in a couple of games, a lot of the time Fletch is loose because he allows his player to push up the ground.

The Brisbane game for example, Selwood was Fletcher's opponent. Selwood was effectively a forward, but he played as an extra centreman. Fletch sat back infront of Brown. Lets not discredit Fletcher because Brisbane refused to pick him up.

Again, I haven't seen a lot of Richmond, but last night it looked to me as if Richmond played seven defenders in order to get Polak free. Wallace has done that for years.

Another sensational game today and probably leading richmonds B&F or certainly in the top three. Has been a revelation for our backling this year with sensational hands.

Interested in others thoughts.

Your kidding yourself if you think Polak is the recruit of the year. He has been a solid player for a crap team.

But a former Tiger, now Port Adelaide player definitely is the Recruit of the Year.

David Rodan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Polak. Recruit of the year so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back