Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we had control in the 2nd quarter but gave up two soft goals before half time and after that it became an arm wrestle. That coincided with us losing our nerve and not going thru the corridor which we had cut them up early. I just had this gut feel that we were never going to win a close one and unfortunately that played out. Just a numb feeling.
Yeah good point. 2nd quarter was good but due to starting a bit slow it didn’t get us far in front despite a bit of control.

Numb and hollow feeling indeed. A close loss is heartbreaking, a blowout is disappointing. Can only feel good with a win but I thought we played well enough to hold our heads high.

So proud of your effort. Brizzy left nothing on the table. As a Swans supporter we know a bit about a GF loss. Your team plays classy football. You'll be back, better faster and stronger and the "National" game will be better for it. Until April keep your chins up.
Appreciate the kind words, but we definitely left something on the table. We made some utterly hare-brained decisions in the second half.

Questionable umpiring at the crucial points and mind blowingly silly footballing decisions by us at times but full credit to Collingwood.

The better team won and it always felt like we were just hanging on. Still incredibly proud of our boys and we’ve got the ability to go that one step/ goal better next year.

Last edited:
What happened to Coleman in the second half? Did they have someone on him more, or did he just spend a lot of time off? I noticed in the last quarter he spent a good few minutes waiting to get back on but the play was elsewhere.
He was cooked half way thru the 3rd qtr - I was stunned Lyons was left off for so long on a hot day

Got beaten around the packs all day. Lost count of how many times they were first in.

Lyons made a real difference

Berry did nothing until the game really was in the balance and then he stuffed up big time

Lucky to be close however. Now we are equal last so lets look forward to next year.

See you all later and thanks to the moderators and all the posters who have made reading these threads worthwhile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no way you could call advantage in that situation…absolutely no way.
It was absolutely amateur. If it happened the other way we would hear about it for 5 years.

Berry will have a long pre season
He tried his guts out. It was just so stupid at the wrong time. He knew it because he put in a helluva clearance shortly thereafter.

Zorks last game I would say. What to do with Rayner , we needed someone in those centre clearances, someone like him.

Overall we were outplayed but never gave up and just stiff not to pinch it.

Can't question our effort or our year from the players and the coaches . They can hold their heads high.

What happened to Coleman in the second half? Did they have someone on him more, or did he just spend a lot of time off? I noticed in the last quarter he spent a good few minutes waiting to get back on but the play was elsewhere.
Definitely went missing. Fitness has always been the question mark for him. Was one of our best but needed some more support around him

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back