Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Given there’s absolutely nothing AFL related of meaning on tonight, a little bit of Slim Dusty sung to Road to Gundagai.

“ There’s a team in the fight and they wear the Red and White on the road to the MCG.

While the Brisbane Lions are snoring, Sydney Swans are scoring beneath the Southern Stand.

From Dane Rampe to Tom Papley we will blow them away. We will win all our finals from home or faraway.

There’s a team in the fight and they wear the red and white, on the road to victory.

Go Swans !

They couldn't get Jeffrey out of retirement to round out the trio?
Didn't even realise there's two out of three umpires from 2016. 👎🏻

Against the free kick count leaders, sitting outside the 4 at number 5, I find that very, very concerning.

I hope swan supporters at the ground 'correct' their calls.

Who do we want as cup presenter

Goodes would be pick 1 imo. Otherwise maybe Jude?

Or do we go old school South?, Pioneer Sydney sider?
In a cost cutting measure the AFL selects Warrick Capper to present for both sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching a replay of the last quarter GWS game, wouldn't mind some of that again from Campbell. I've often thought he wasn't quite athletic enough to make a big impact in the game and was destined to be injury cover type good general player. Only the evidence of one game, but it must be tempting to return him to that sub role, his hard running and decisive play against tiring opponents was vital.

As for Fox or Mills...I want Fox for his run, and speed against their mid sized forwards all afternoon....if it's a tight affair you'd love to have Mills defending in the last few minutes in close to the ruck...seems like Mills will be fit, but I still favour Robbie, though I imagine Horse will pick Mills. The head high free Mills gave away in the last quarter....indicative of a guy who hasn't quite found his form yet IMO. Whoever they pick I'll be cheering on.

If it is Adams and Fox missing they can both count themselves very unlucky.
I reckon Adams would be SUPER pumped to be picked and give a big performance if started or made the sub. Hope he gets the chance next year if not this one. Would be a great story.

Bizarre, isn’t it? It’s not as if Gulden, Warner, Papley, McInerney, Rampe,McCartin ……… don’t add something to the team. When Errol is tagged, the others step up. Someone will step up if necessary. Are they trying to be contrarian to add a bit of interest?
Given our form over the back end of the year, and theirs...I don't think we should be considered favourites.
I mean are they wrong in saying "Stop Heeney and win the game"? Easy to say, quite hard to do, but I cannot see Heeney taking as many marks as last week. Brisbane defenders are another level on Port's reserves that we faced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back