Grand Final tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks, I'm a P3 member (admittedly for 20 years) and feel lucky to have been allocated M5 Row U (restricted view) in the ballot. I'm not sure why this is 'restricted view' - maybe some enlightened person can advise why this area is considered 'restricted view' - but I'm not complaining. Very happy to have been allocated a seat.

To all those who have missed out - sincere best wishes and good luck in your search for tickets, may you be successful.:thumbsu:

Although I am happy that I have managed a ticket, there is no doubt that the whole GF ticketing system is stuffed (technical term). Only 12,000 tix to each competing club is nowhere near enough and will never ever be anywhere near enough. (These numbers should be at least doubled, but it's never going to happen as long as the AFL puts the almighty dollar ahead of the grass-roots supporter.) As a result, I am half expecting that the crowd-involvement at the Prelim may end up being better than the GF.

To all those who are lucky enough to attend - let's wear as much brown and gold as possible and make as much noise as possible to support OUR team. Go Hawks!

I received Q49. Also Priority 1. Not happy. So much for being a Gold Member.

Prime seats apparently. Prime rip-off more like. That's what happens when Ticketmaster manage the ticket allocation.

I should ask them if they provide Oxygen Masks for sitting up that high in the atmosphere !

I guess I could relocate to a vacant seat in the "Friends of Ticketmaster" section when the Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon fans get bored at 3-quarter time. There will be a few vacant Geelong seats too.

How times have changed.

I'd say you'll be standing room there. We thought we had restricted view but it was standing room. There doesn't seem to be any restricted view at the G

Hi folks, I'm a P3 member (admittedly for 20 years) and feel lucky to have been allocated M5 Row U (restricted view) in the ballot. I'm not sure why this is 'restricted view' - maybe some enlightened person can advise why this area is considered 'restricted view' - but I'm not complaining. Very happy to have been allocated a seat.

To all those who have missed out - sincere best wishes and good luck in your search for tickets, may you be successful.:thumbsu:

Although I am happy that I have managed a ticket, there is no doubt that the whole GF ticketing system is stuffed (technical term). Only 12,000 tix to each competing club is nowhere near enough and will never ever be anywhere near enough. (These numbers should be at least doubled, but it's never going to happen as long as the AFL puts the almighty dollar ahead of the grass-roots supporter.) As a result, I am half expecting that the crowd-involvement at the Prelim may end up being better than the GF.

To all those who are lucky enough to attend - let's wear as much brown and gold as possible and make as much noise as possible to support OUR team. Go Hawks!

I'd say you'll be standing room there. We thought we had restricted view but it was standing room. There doesn't seem to be any restricted view at the G

Bzzzzzzt. Wrong. There ARE definitely restricted view seats at the 'G. A friend and I ended up in them at a game towards the end of last season. Think it was something like Row MM - the restriction in view came from two dirty great pylons next to the seat!

for those of you desperate to find tickets, trust me, hang in there.. it does happen..

i was unlucky with the allocation, but after countless messages and PMs here on BF - while it can be hugely disappointing at times - eventually, you've got a good chance of finding something ..

for the record, scored myself 2 x q57, row N...

sure, it aint centre wing, 8 rows back, but i'll be at the game, and that's pretty much all that matters

and there are people there willing to sell at a reasonable price - and not just out to make a quick buck.. sending kudos out to peardog, buddy vision, fraser_45, to name a few..

good luck to you all..

Ladies and Gents, myself and Fraser_45 have pooled our tickets together to ensure that as many hawks go to the game. We have MCC.
The situation is as follows.
We have 3 tickets, in M8 row MM. The tickets are getting picked up today so we are unsure if they are standingroom or restricted view. There are 2 concessions, and an adult. I'm not sure what the situation with who can use the concession ticket, I'm an adult and have been using a concession membership all year. We can sell them as a 3, 2 or individually.

We only are going to consider on selling to hawthorn supporters so no geelong supporters need apply

My wife has been lucky enough to get a ticket to the Grand Final (be it a standing room ticket), and she ain't that tall. Does anyone have any advice on standing room at the 'G'? How crowded does it get? Best in best served? What are the views like?
We only ever get seats in Level 4.
Any opinions please!
:confused:

Did you want to swap for a Standing Room ticket?

I received Q49. Also Priority 1. Not happy. So much for being a Gold Member.

Prime seats apparently. Prime rip-off more like. That's what happens when Ticketmaster manage the ticket allocation.

I should ask them if they provide Oxygen Masks for sitting up that high in the atmosphere !

I guess I could relocate to a vacant seat in the "Friends of Ticketmaster" section when the Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon fans get bored at 3-quarter time. There will be a few vacant Geelong seats too.

How times have changed.

You're a few rows in front of me then ... also P1 member, and got M3, row DD. STANDARD SEATING.

I don't think any seats on level 1 are Standard. The top level seats are all Standard. Lvl 1 is Prime or Premium.

I think some seats on the bottom level are restricted because of the goals posts and pillars blocking the view.
Seems to make sense if your Row B and Restricted...

Hi all, below is an edited copy of a complaint I have sent to Ticketmaster today. I figured it may apply to others on this board.

Hello, I am a Hawthorn Football Club member who registered for the grand final ticket ballot as a Priority 3 member. I believe I have been mislead by ticketmaster, I have been given information today by a Ticketmaster operator that there was an error with my ballot registration (see below) and now I have no faith in the fairness of the system used to ballot grand final tickets for club members. Please note I had a realistic expectation I probably would not get a ticket so this communication is about the process where I have been mislead and my current lack of faith that the ballot was flawless and fair.

My details are:

address - removed for BF post
mobile phone - removed for BF post
HFC membership barcode number - removed for BF post
Ticketmaster ballot number - removed for BF post
Credit card used for ballot - removed for BF post

Below is a screenshot of the message I got from ticketmaster yesterday (Sunday 21 Sep). It clearly states that I have a seat in seat 32 in Row B, M50 for the Grand Final. It also clearly states that I should have recieved the tickets by email. Now, to my dismay I find that my number is on the 'unsuccessful' list for the ballot which has been published since. How on earth is this complete contradiction to be explained???

A customer who follows the system cannot be expected to accept this situation - first I recieve a clear message stating I have a ticket and then today I read that I dont. I rang the 136100 number to enquire and after one hour of constant ringing I finally got through and then had to hold for another 20 minutes only to be told (by a helpful lady I admit) that my ballot number corresponds to another persons name and NOT MINE but also that I have been unsuccessful - her supervisor confirmed this to her. Why was my TM ballot number (AU228-34194) linked to another persons name????? How do I know that I was genuinely unsuccessful?

This is completely unacceptable and I demand a detailed explanation from Ticketmaster. I would also like recognition from HFC that this issue has been noted by the club. This email will also be sent via mail to the Ticketmaster GPO Box address.

(Screendump of ticketmaster message removed for BF post)

In anticipation,
Hawthorn Football Club Member

What was Ticketmaster's reply???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot believe how crazy this entire situation is. Poor effort from the AFL and Ticketmaster. This very much needs to be rectified asap, so many members getting rubbish seats yet they are Priority 1.

My folks got their tickets today, Level 2 - N35 Row O :eek: Very envious!

Hi,

I am after 2 Grand Final tickets.

I will take 2 adult tickets, or 1 adult ticket and 1 concession ticket.

My brother and I have been Hawthorn members for 15 years (since 1994). We both missed out on the ballot.

If anyone can help us out, we would really appreciate it.

Please PM me if you can help us out.

Cheers
Dom

Sorry for intruding on this thread, but wouldn't it make more sense for those wanting tickets to post on other teams boards/websites?

You may get an AFL Member or the like who is swaying a bit in going to part with their ticket, instead of getting your plea lost amongst all the others on the Hawks board.

Best of luck for those looking.

I don't think any seats on level 1 are Standard. The top level seats are all Standard. Lvl 1 is Prime or Premium.

I think some seats on the bottom level are restricted because of the goals posts and pillars blocking the view.
Seems to make sense if your Row B and Restricted...

Nope. For some reason, seating at the back of the CS is STANDARD. I got charged $161 for my seat.

That's the ONLY area on Level 1 that is Standard. I noticed it on the ground map when I purchased tickets for earlier finals, too.

why do we pay for a membership when at the end of the day,you can't get a seat for a grand final ??? 50K MEMBERS ? just think what it will be like getting a grand final ticket then ??? Money first,members last.:thumbsdown:

Anyone willing to swap 1 seated ticket (e.g. Level 4 is fine in Southern Stand, etc) for 2 standing room tickets, with the approx difference in money?
An opportunity to get a friend in the ground who may have missed?
The standing room tickets are separated M20 and M6 from memory.

Please PM me if you're interested.
:)

Anyone willing to swap 1 seated ticket (e.g. Level 4 is fine in Southern Stand, etc) for 2 standing room tickets, with the approx difference in money?

delete post

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back