Grown men wearing guernseys to games

Do you where a guernsey to AFL games?

• Yes

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid post! I am 31 and have always worn a Guernsey to the game. why is it so sad? many guys do! i started off with number 17 in 1991 (scotty hodges) in 1993 i had 6 then in my teens i had 23 and now i have the number 13. Its some small part of your childhood you can hang onto. Nothing wrong with wearing a Guernsey. you sound like that flog BT. i wear a navy hoodie underneath with my crows Guernsey over the top.

I agree that wearing it by its self is pretty lame. only heroes wear it like that. douchebags trying to show off their tribal tats or arms.

If you have the arms, no complaints here. :p:drunk:

The thing is the guernsey probably looks better than half of OP's wardrobe.

Seriously worried about people wearing guernseys to games with all the 'fashion' that is around these days?

Maybe start a crusade against active wear, or fat chicks in patterned tights, or spacer earrings...or you know shit thats actually messed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, what happens if you go out afterwards and have some interest in attracting a lady friend?

I don't think someone of the fairer sex would find a grown man wearing a guernsey particularly alluring (Unless of course they are actually on a football field)...
To be honest, I think using phrases like 'the fairer sex' is going to present more issues than a footy jumper if you are on the pull...

So, what happens if you go out afterwards and have some interest in attracting a lady friend?

I don't think someone of the fairer sex would find a grown man wearing a guernsey particularly alluring (Unless of course they are actually on a football field)...

The 'fairer sex' would probably find it more attractive than blatant insecurity and a lack of confidence.

See, threads like these allow men with flags and face paint right off the hook...

puddydevils.png

Stupid post! I am 31 and have always worn a Guernsey to the game. why is it so sad? many guys do! i started off with number 17 in 1991 (scotty hodges) in 1993 i had 6 then in my teens i had 23 and now i have the number 13. Its some small part of your childhood you can hang onto. Nothing wrong with wearing a Guernsey. you sound like that flog BT. i wear a navy hoodie underneath with my crows Guernsey over the top.
Stupid thread more like it

Divvy worthy on the Bay.

I had a Brad Johnson guernsey as a teenager in the early 2000s, then bought 4 guernseys in 4 years between 06-09 and got Cooney, Lake, Morris and Higgins :drunk:

Had to turf a few obviously, so I just kept the Morris one for signatures, bought a Stringer guernsey this year, hopefully he doesn't get up and do what 3 of those players did in the upcoming years :cry:

Gee I dunno, wear something else if you plan on going out afterwards?

If you're just going to watch a game of football, wearing a football jumper seems fairly appropriate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grown men wearing guernseys to games

Back