Guess the attendance v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

well, given the positive start to the year, the 10 year anniversary, all the good work port have done off the field over the past 2 years, the adelaide oval buzz, the supposed 50 000 members, it would be extremely disappointing if there wasnt well over 35 000 there on saturday, im really thinking over 40 000. if they arent going to show up for this one when will they ever show up? the club deserves a big crowd.

I had a quick look at the availability of tickets for this game on the weekend, Black diamond sold out and the rest of the reserved seating categories were single seats only, should get high 40's

** Just had another look then and there is no restriction on any reserved seating bar Black Diamond which is sold out...

Last edited:
Brisbane doesn't attract very much attention from Port supporters at home.

34,892 - 2005
21,970 - 2006
25,205 - 2008
20,293 - 2009
23,306 - 2010
13,953 - 2012
22,631 - 2013

when out of these games did we celebrate the 2004 flag at adelaide oval, completely different set of circumstances

30k easily. I'm going to wear my sunglasses and tell the Adelaide Oval staff my port member dog is my seeing eye dog so he can go to the game as well.

In France they use Border Collies as seeing eye dogs so i'm also going to put on a fake French accent so i can get him in. I will be the first ever blind French port supporter.

well im not gonna be there because i'll be playing footy at the same time.
I think there will be a lot of others in the same boat as you, or working. I'm the latter, but will be there for the 2nd half. Really hate Saturday afternoon games. Bad for crowds, bad for TV ratings, bad for the bottom line of the PAFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30k easily. I'm going to wear my sunglasses and tell the Adelaide Oval staff my port member dog is my seeing eye dog so he can go to the game as well.

In France they use Border Collies as seeing eye dogs so i'm also going to put on a fake French accent so i can get him in. I will be the first ever blind French port supporter.

Please post on this board when you're about to enter the ground. I'd like to watch this.

It's going to be interesting because we don't really have any sort of read on what a 'run of the mill' game like this looks like at Adelaide Oval attendance wise. I'm thinking 31k-33k but would be pleasantly surprised if it were to be a little bit more than that!

Brisbane doesn't attract very much attention from Port supporters at home.

34,892 - 2005
21,970 - 2006
25,205 - 2008
20,293 - 2009
23,306 - 2010
13,953 - 2012
22,631 - 2013

where did you get these figures?? i can't find a site that has the crowd attendances for every game. I think we need to start thinking about our supporters filling the seats and not the other fans propping up our number. we know the showdown crowd was mostly Port and we know we should get over 30k to every game - obviously timeslots and personal reasons and what have you will affect this but I think it'll be our own peoples fault if we get a low crowd. we have a great stadium in a ridiculously good location and a great team to watch.. there should be none of the boycott grumblings that the vics have. nobody should be getting ready to sit in front of the TV for this one!

No matter what the crowd is there will definitely be kkkrow supporters making jokes about it mainly because its unlikely we'll get more than 47k

True, but our first home game was over 50K, better than their first home game, so they can do the mouth tango with a bag of large ones :thumbsu:

Just coming off of the discussion in the podcast, it is an interesting question as to whether bad weather will have more/less/same effect on attendances at Adelaide Oval compared to AAMI.

It's true that much of the Eastern stand is going to be exposed to rain given the most common wind direction, but I would hope it's also well known (or becomes well known) to our supporters that the upper tier of the Riverbank stand is more than 50% general admission, and extremely well covered/orientated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess the attendance v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back