Not open for further replies.
images

Mummy, I want my premiership cup

images

There, there. I'll feed you later.

Uncanny likeness.

ah wow i didn't know the full story
what a twat, buddy probably bought him a ticket back to adelaide after the game

nice to see marty mattner do well, great player should've been a crow for his entire career but sadly Craigy intervened

Hated the way he went about his decision to leave last year, if those reports were in-fact correct. I didn't take much notice of him this year although he did play quite well during the season. He is a very good shot at goal but doesn't do a whole lot else.

I'm not missing him.

If Sando had in the prelim team, Davis Bock Talia and Gunston we actually would have won the game and the flag in 2012, throw in Maric too.

Such is life!

Damn we recruited well. No other team can make that statement.

If Sando had in the prelim team, Davis Bock Talia and Gunston we actually would have won the game and the flag in 2012, throw in Maric too.

Such is life!

Damn we recruited well. No other team can make that statement.
Maric wouldn't have made the team and Talia would probably never have played this year... but I see your point. :p

Agreed.

The defections of Cunston and Davis have really hurt us and potentially cost us a grand final this year
Not too much would have been gained by their staying. Davis departure allowed us to groom Tahlia who had a brilliant year and as for Gunston, our weakness was not our forward line and I doubt with his fragility in tough contests would have added much to our success this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't going to make me popular, but I must say I find the vitriol expressed toward Gunston in this thread a little disturbing. Sure he went about things badly, but he's not the first player to vote with his feet and piss off to a preferred club. (Or more accurately, to allow himself to be poached.) Who knows who was getting in his ear, and what sort of advice he was receiving? I can understand missing family and friends -he was only 20 at the time. We all have things in our past which we would handle differently if we had our time over again.​
No one was happier than me when his sitter hit the post, but we've all had a good gloat and I reckon it's time to put this thread to bed.​

This isn't going to make me popular, but I must say I find the vitriol expressed toward Gunston in this thread a little disturbing. Sure he went about things badly, but he's not the first player to vote with his feet and piss off to a preferred club. (Or more accurately, to allow himself to be poached.) Who knows who was getting in his ear, and what sort of advice he was receiving? I can understand missing family and friends -he was only 20 at the time. We all have things in our past which we would handle differently if we had our time over again.​
No one was happier than me when his sitter hit the post, but we've all had a good gloat and I reckon it's time to put this thread to bed.​

Yep agreed HP. The level of viciousness is pretty disturbing. It's true that how you leave is as important, if not more important than how you arrive. And if whats on this board is true then Gunston and the Hawks did it badly. But as I said in a another vicious thread about Phil Davis - these are 20 year old kids being advised by managers who probably get a cut of the deal and I'll bet were highly influenced by them. And in this case the Hawks grubby fingers are all over it too. Very flattering for a 20 year old to be chased by a big Melbourne club and get the opportunity to go home as well. But club loyalty is important in a tribal game and Gunston obviously needs to learn that.

But time to put the swords away and move on. Threads like this are bad for our clubs psyche. What's done is done and nothing is going to change that.

I think the vitriol is warranted. The manner in which Gunston left was cowardly and deceitful. He robbed the club of a very promising player whom they had invested a significant amount of time and money into on the assumption he would stay at the Crows.

Davis is a different story. I wasn't impressed at the time, but he needed to make the most of his AFL career, as his shoulder injuries were/are likely to cut it short. Also, he didn't say he was on a flight to Sydney on the day of the BnF.

It's definitely worth watching, Swans had kicked three unanswered goals and are up by 7 points. Buddy passes to an unchecked Cunston about 15 metres out on a 10 degree angle so all he has to do is go back and kick a gimme goal to cut the margin back to a point. The commentators talk up how much of a sharpshooter he is etc, but the pressure gets to him, he chokes and the kick goes right.

Bit like A. Jarman in '93?

I think the vitriol is warranted. The manner in which Gunston left was cowardly and deceitful. He robbed the club of a very promising player whom they had invested a significant amount of time and money into on the assumption he would stay at the Crows.

Davis is a different story. I wasn't impressed at the time, but he needed to make the most of his AFL career, as his shoulder injuries were/are likely to cut it short. Also, he didn't say he was on a flight to Sydney on the day of the BnF.

Davis also had the balls to look his team mates in the eye and tell them he was leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back