GWS Uncontracted and Free Agency Targets 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

After last night, it wouldnt shock me for Sos to take the remaining 2013 cap money, and extend Cameron, Shiel, Hampton, Coniglio and Bugg for four years each, rather than signing a marquee free agent.

Silvagni just confirming what we all know which is we need a key position forward:

GREATER Western Sydney list manager Steve Silvagni has stopped short of declaring an interest in Collingwood power forward Travis Cloke.But the Giants talent scouting boss confirmed that his new outfit will be on the lookout for a powerful, experienced key position forward like the brilliant Cloke when he goes back to the market place at the end of their first AFL premiership season

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/03/26/cloke-attracting-giant-interest/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential target Scott Pendlebury has extended for four years with Collingwood:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131697/default.aspx

COLLINGWOOD vice-captain Scott Pendlebury has signed a four-year contract extension with the club.
The midfield star confirmed his new deal on Twitter late on Wednesday.

edit: report on the Footy Show says GWS made an offer when he was out of contract before last season, but not this time around.

"I have signed with the pies for 4 more years and am looking forward to being a part of future success," Pendlebury tweeted.

These player managers must be loving the threat of GWS too.

edit: report on the Footy Show (which I think was a quote from Pendlebury) says GWS made an offer before he signed the 1-year deal, but not this time around.

Whoever this guy on the Footy Show is... "GWS don't want to go down the path of developing a ruckman... Chased Goldstein last year... Looking at Trent West and Robbie Warnock" ... Jon Giles says hi.

Cloke would be a brilliant addition. A key forward with all of those midfield prospects would be the ticket next year, would probably be a big help for Izzy too as he would be able to help him on field and take some of the heat off him. I think Cloke has been the target from collingwood all along.

If Goddard is still up for grabs, I haven't seen any news on him lately, he might be an easier target if St Kilda continue to slide this year.

If GWS can't get a ruck of the quality of a Ryder or Kreuzer, or Trade for Zac Clark from the dockers then they should just get either a quality VFL ruck to support Giles or maybe an emerging ruck like Redden from port. While the likes of Phillips, Downie and possibiliy Moller if gws end up with him, all are given time to develop in reserves.

Given the original story of GWS chasing Cloke was from Neil Cordy felt it was worth doing a bit of follow up:

@neilcordy Do you still stand by your story that Travis Cloke is a GWS target given that David Cloke has said GWS has not contacted him?

His reply:

@BigFootyGIANTS sure do. Haven't heard anything from Travis to change my mind

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS Uncontracted and Free Agency Targets 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back