VFL GWS VFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry but Gruz has a shot man on the mark 48 out. Takes 15 seconds and then chips to a guy further out, worse angle. Like what? A key forward needs to be taking that shot. Whoever he passed to decided to chip short and it should’ve been intercepted.

This team seems to lack fitness, skills are terrible, decision making questionable. Overuse the football far too much.

Blues were bottom the the ladder but I suspect that was more to missing a lot of players throughout the year so far. Had some pretty handy players running around.

Pittonet (destroyed our ruck)
Marchbank
Motlop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leek Aleer headlines five inclusions for the GIANTS’ VFL clash with the Suns in Blacktown on Saturday.

Omitted from the AFL side for last week’s win over Richmond, the athletic defender will bolster the VFL side fresh off a bye alongside fellow AFL-listed GIANTS Phoenix Gothard and Wade Derksen.

Gothard returns after being managed in the VFL’s last outing against the Blues two weeks ago, while Derksen returns after being a late out in the same match due to sickness.

Joining the AFL trio in Saturday’s side is young GIANTS Academy duo Josaia Delana and Logan Smith.

Exiting the VFL side is Xavier O’Halloran who has earned an AFL recall for his strong VFL form, as well as Nathan Richards, Kale Gablia, Tom McCaffrey and Billy Clark who have been omitted.

13 AFL-listed GIANTS will feature against the Suns on Saturday, with the clash to get underway at 9:35am on Saturday morning in Blacktown.

VFL Round 17

GIANTS v Suns
Saturday, July 20 at 9:35am
Blacktown International SportsPark | Darug Country

Team:

FB: Adam Kennedy, Ryan Hebron, Wade Derksen
HB: Jacob Wehr, Leek Aleer, Nick Haynes
C: James Leake, Jackson Bowne, Ryan Angwin
HF: Nathan Wardius, Lachlan Keeffe, Phoenix Gothard
FF: Callum Brown, Max Gruzewski, Matt Harms
RR: Logan Smith, James Creighton, Conor Stone

Interchange: Nic Quigg, Josaia Delana, Billy Galimberti, Riley Hamilton, Harper Montgomery

In: Leek Aleer, Phoenix Gothard, Wade Derksen, Logan Smith, Josaia Delana

Out: Xavier O’Halloran (AFL), Nathan Richards, Kale Gablia, Tom McCaffrey, Billy Clark (omitted)

Leek Aleer headlines five inclusions for the GIANTS’ VFL clash with the Suns in Blacktown on Saturday.

Omitted from the AFL side for last week’s win over Richmond, the athletic defender will bolster the VFL side fresh off a bye alongside fellow AFL-listed GIANTS Phoenix Gothard and Wade Derksen.

Gothard returns after being managed in the VFL’s last outing against the Blues two weeks ago, while Derksen returns after being a late out in the same match due to sickness.

Joining the AFL trio in Saturday’s side is young GIANTS Academy duo Josaia Delana and Logan Smith.

Exiting the VFL side is Xavier O’Halloran who has earned an AFL recall for his strong VFL form, as well as Nathan Richards, Kale Gablia, Tom McCaffrey and Billy Clark who have been omitted.

13 AFL-listed GIANTS will feature against the Suns on Saturday, with the clash to get underway at 9:35am on Saturday morning in Blacktown.

VFL Round 17

GIANTS v Suns
Saturday, July 20 at 9:35am
Blacktown International SportsPark | Darug Country

Team:

FB: Adam Kennedy, Ryan Hebron, Wade Derksen
HB: Jacob Wehr, Leek Aleer, Nick Haynes
C: James Leake, Jackson Bowne, Ryan Angwin
HF: Nathan Wardius, Lachlan Keeffe, Phoenix Gothard
FF: Callum Brown, Max Gruzewski, Matt Harms
RR: Logan Smith, James Creighton, Conor Stone

Interchange: Nic Quigg, Josaia Delana, Billy Galimberti, Riley Hamilton, Harper Montgomery

In: Leek Aleer, Phoenix Gothard, Wade Derksen, Logan Smith, Josaia Delana

Out: Xavier O’Halloran (AFL), Nathan Richards, Kale Gablia, Tom McCaffrey, Billy Clark (omitted)
Solid side

We named our academy ruck Logan Smith (but I note the AFL stats have him listed as "Joshua" Smith). He's doing well in the hitouts, although we're losing the clearance battle.
Smith is likely…will get picked up you would think.

And it can't be Ned Moyle playing either - he's named in the AFL team. There is a Ben Moyle (Ned's younger brother!), who's 3 years older than the current draft class, so would seem to be somewhat experienced. I've just adjusted my earlier post. Still, Smith has played well in his VFL games for GWS, as well as the U18 Championships.

Can see what Kingas has a high opinion of stone behind the ball. Looks solid and his opponent can take him to the ball

Fun fact: the Montgomery playing in our VFL is the son of our assistant coach
I really like Stone behind the ball, he’s looked really good since going back.

Gothard with 4 goals, big day.

It’s probably the windiest day I have ever seen at a footy game. Crazy stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL GWS VFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back