Game Day GWS vs Sydney Swans 6:10PM Metricon Stadium - Sydney Derby XXI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest concerns for me are the Taranto/Hopper duo, Nick Haynes, and Toby Greene. If we can neutralise (if not beat) each of that lot, we win pretty easily. But if we let the big guys in Taranto and Hopper (plus Green) dominate around the ball, we'll be up against it given how good Greene is and the abilities of Himmelberg, Hogan and Finlayson up forward. GWS's midfield also includes Ward and a returning Coniglio so it's stacked with talent. But they're without their talisman in Mumford so Hickey should have a lot of confidence to be at his best against Matt Flynn. In defence, Haynes I'm sure will get the Hayward matchup and hopefully Hayward can take him away from the play as much as possible.

Green last time intercepted everything on the wing and shut down so many opportunities we couldn't get past him.

As other sides in the 8 appear to be amassing injuries, we are looking ok. Irrespective of the result today, if we can stay healthy, we have a legitimate shot at winning two finals and actually participating in a prelim, which none of us would have predicted at all. It’s actually awesome to sit back and enjoy the fact that we are pretty much ensconced in the top eight with five rounds to go! I seriously hope the govts and the AFL can find a way to complete this season…otherwise there will be a lot of fans reaching for the Prozac.

MODS?! 😡

This will never be a true derby because the giants simply don't have any fans and never will.
It's the Swans vs a corporate afl tv team. They should be 'The named 'The West Sydney Corporate Advertisers'.

This will be a real tough game though. Hope we can win it and confirm finals.
I can understand, if the AFL wants to make our beloved game truly national, how important it is to have at least two teams in Sydney/NSW.

Doesn’t mean I have to like GWS.

Plus I was going for them in the GF against Richmond and lost all respect for them after their pathetic display.

I can understand, if the AFL wants to make our beloved game truly national, how important it is to have at least two teams in Sydney/NSW.

Doesn’t mean I have to like GWS.

Plus I was going for them in the GF against Richmond and lost all respect for them after their pathetic display.
Have always thought and always will think they put GWS in the wrong part of Sydney, should have been Central Coast/Newcastle, think at the very least it has a better demagraphic to accept the game.
Agree about the GF, I mean we were bad 14 but they were just putrid.

Swannies by 16

Have always thought and always will think they put GWS in the wrong part of Sydney, should have been Central Coast/Newcastle, think at the very least it has a better demagraphic to accept the game.
Agree about the GF, I mean we were bad 14 but they were just putrid.

Swannies by 16
And the rats were given our traditional area in the Riverina

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back