Hardwick quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The timing of the 17,19 and 20 flags was impeccable.
Going through so many life dramas. Breakups, lost jobs, passing friends and family and pets.
It was all happening and I was right on the edge of some pretty grim things.

These flags helped me find the sunshine in my life again and contributed to me finding a new lease and still being here to post this today.

To Dimma, for your part, thank you!

my gut tells me you’d be better following a dynasty coach with experience than a rookie , but what would I know

I actually think a rookie coach makes sense with an experienced group. They come in with an open outlook and work with the senior players to create an environment that works for everyone. A bit of youthful enthusiasm.

While I think it is a correct decision,
The man and his team have given me more joy as a Richmond supporter and member than I could have ever imagined growing up in the dark old 80s and 90s.

He earnt the right to call it on his terms.
Thank you Dimma, for making the Richmond Football Club a far far better place than to what you found it.

Fly You Fools Lord Of The Rings GIF by Maudit

Recon the players will feel like the hobbits watching this when he tells them tomorrow. They loved the bloke and always knew he had their back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its a good time. The appreciation I have for the great man and what he was able to achieve ending the long painful drought and turning us in to the triple premiership powerhouse that every opposition club hated and feared for 4 glorious years at the top. We need a change in direction, a new head coach and bring in new assistant coaches with new ideas. We aren’t in the premiership window that is the reality as much as I thought we may have one more crack it definitely out of reach. Trading will only get u so far and can give u a couple of the required missing pieces but it won’t give you everything u need to be a premiership contender and Carlton is a prime example of foolishly trying to fastrack a list build with trades and the only real talent in that team actually came from the draft. As painful as it will be we need a couple of years down the bottom of the ladder (and I’m not saying tank coz Melbourne took years to finally capitalise on the high picks and to repair the damage to their culture) Either way history shows you need to get the high draft picks required to build a list with enough elite talent to contend. Its going to be very tough to come even close to replacing the once in a generation talent we are about to lose when Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Lynch and Dusty come to the end but unfortunately it is the only way we are going to put ourselves in a position to win another premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back