Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s all the norths fans now saying he shouldn’t be moved to the midfield.

Was clear as day it needed to happen and now after 6 weeks in the middle he’s showing why.

He kind of just plays everywhere. He lines up in all 3 thirds of the ground throughout a match.

Just averaging the casual 27 disposals 1.2 goals a game, 1.5 goal assists a game and 6 score involvements in the last 7 weeks since moving fwd/mid.

Those are Stevie J numbers and he’s 19 years old…

No forward in the comp is getting anywhere near this amount of ball per game with the amount he is spending inside 50.

Just averaging the casual 27 disposals 1.2 goals a game, 1.5 goal assists a game and 6 score involvements in the last 7 weeks since moving fwd/mid.

Those are Stevie J numbers and he’s 19 years old…

No forward in the comp is getting anywhere near this amount of ball per game with the amount he is spending inside 50.

How much time is he spending in i50?

Looking at his heat map its only really round 9 & 13 that he has spent solid time in the i50, granted I haven't seen HM stats from last night's game.

Nonetheless, he's kicked 6 goals in the last month of footy which is as good as any goalkicking mids atm (bar Warner).

Daicos' receives all the plaudits but Sheezel's start to his career is just as impressive, I suppose it's because it's not a big club and not yet on the big stage (finals).

Last edited:
How much time is he spending in i50? Looking at his heat map its only really round 9 & 13 that he has spent solid time in the i50, granted I haven't seen HM stats from last night's game. Nonetheless, he's kicked 6 goals in the last month of footy which is as good as any goalkicking mids atm (bar Warner). Daicos' receives all the plaudits but Sheezel's start to his career is just as impressive, I suppose it's because it's not a big club and not yet on the big stage (finals).
Lines up there, he only had 6 CBA’s

Like a Zac Bailey type (or Shaun Higgins/GAJ in his later years type role) but playing the role much better than Bailey, and Bailey is a jet

Lines up there, he only had 6 CBA’s

Like a Zac Bailey type (or Shaun Higgins/GAJ in his later years type role) but playing the role much better than Bailey, and Bailey is a jet

The Zac Bailey, Dylan Moore or Toby Greene role.

Whichever you want to describe it as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A naturally gifted player who is very smooth running, immense footballing smarts.

Just an ultra consistent performer, i really hope he moves towards the robert harvey route.

Sheezel's class factor is through the roof

For me, Wardlaw has Oliver traits, but more burst

Interesting comparison with Wardlaw and Oliver in their respective second seasons.

Wardlaw is very classy by foot, though he might also barley hit his foot on the odd occasion.

I was surprised to see Oliver ave way more tackles than Wardlaw.

He reminds me of a better version of Naicos.

Big future ahead.
I’m sure Sheezel learned quite a bit by the way Naicos ran his hard tag (which he now gets every week) into the ground and then tore the North midfield to shreds in the second half last week. It was a great lesson for him to emulate.

Last edited:
Absolutely sensational. Such a classy player that can play anywhere on the field.

It's ridiculous that Naicos did what he did, which was unprecedented really, only to have Sheezel do essentially the same things just a year later.
The crazy part to me is how Daicos was dominating in the midfield all through juniors and had been talked about as the top pick for probably 2 years running, him coming on like he has was unprecedented but not entirely unexpected. Sheezel was a classy forward who didn't really play in the middle much and never played back, and was in the top pick conversation but ended up being overshadowed by Cadman. Even if North had kept pick 1 it would've been a very tough choice between Sheezel and Wardlaw, but thankfully JHF (and a bit of Brady Rawlings trade week magic) gave us the luxury of not having to choose. He's kind of come from nowhere. That draft has ended up being ridiculously good just a couple of years on.

How much time is he spending in i50?

Looking at his heat map its only really round 9 & 13 that he has spent solid time in the i50, granted I haven't seen HM stats from last night's game.

Nonetheless, he's kicked 6 goals in the last month of footy which is as good as any goalkicking mids atm (bar Warner).

Daicos' receives all the plaudits but Sheezel's start to his career is just as impressive, I suppose it's because it's not a big club and not yet on the big stage (finals).

Sheezel at Collingwood would be winning Brownlows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back