Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

He does this stuff every week mind you. Just recently he faked a ground ball kick to trick 3 players and allow him to grab it cleanly in the middle, turn and dispose. Seems to just have the ball on a string.
View attachment 2055074

The other things to point out here is that Cripps initially has body position over Sheezel. The other is that once Sheezel gains possession of the ball, most players in this position would just hack kick the ball forward due to the pressure, where as Sheezel has the presence to stop and dish off a handball to a team mate in the clear.

Nick arrived at 17th place team and top 4ed it and then won a flag

Stop taking the piss

On his own apparently.

De Goey and Crisp turning out top 10 in the comp years in those two seasons, I think they may have had something to do with it also.

Daicos is having a huge year and you might finish in the bottom 5 the way you are going.

Crisp and De Goey have had big regressions and what has happened to Collingwood?

Saying it was all Daicos is taking the piss....

Last edited:
He does this stuff every week mind you. Just recently he faked a ground ball kick to trick 3 players and allow him to grab it cleanly in the middle, turn and dispose. Seems to just have the ball on a string.
View attachment 2055074
That is just ridiculous. Harry might be some sort of alien shape shifter.

Kid could be anything. Absolute Jet and awesome to watch. North would be wise to throw everything at him to keep him for life.
Hard to believe we've already got him locked away long term which tells me two things, he's loyal and not about squeezing every penny he can from the club. Of course he'd be well rewarded, none of us would be happy if he wasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really SSSS - Reid hasn't done anything since coming back tbf.

Wouldn't matter. There really isn't much splitting their performances statistically and being a first year player + the number 1 pick he would have pissed it in.

It's a media award.

Lol

Wasn't Ashcroft getting universally felated for last season and was going to beat Sheezel?

View attachment 2055701

Would have been a good battle for the 2023 RS if Ashcroft didn't do his knee.

I would think Ashcroft had he played a full season would have just edged out Sheezel for the Rising Star. Once again, it's a media award. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Both guns. Hoping they both have healthy careers going forward.

Goat confirmed.

Sheezel has maintained his place as the League's No.1 ranked player for Champion Data's relative rating (rating compared to other players in their age and position). He rates 117 per cent above expectation of a 19-year-old in his role, putting him well ahead of the next best under the statistic: Izak Rankine (99 per cent), Max Homes (86 per cent), Errol Gulden (71 per cent) and Jack Sinclair (68 per cent).

Should he hold at that level for the remainder of the season, he will also reach unchartered territory. No player in the history of the relative ratings (since 2010) has rated more than 100 per cent better than their age and role before.
Rankine's 99 per cent rating this season would have him second best in the records, ahead of former Bulldog Luke Dahlhaus in 2011 (96 per cent), Hawthorn superstar Lance Franklin in 2012 (94 per cent) and West Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui (92 per cent).

Almost certainly.

We all know he twice the player Daicos is.

Three times the player Dustbin is.
the same dustbin that won the 2020 GF off his own boot, that one?

HEhe, you left the door wide open :).

BACK ON track, haven't seen this kid play yet, going to watch a game and see what the fuss is about, always great to see young guns dominating.

It's insane how poised and measured this kid is OFF the field, as well.
Incredible how he was able to rattle off those empty platitudes. "Taking it one week at a time"... I've never heard anyone ever say that before.

He should leave North Melbourne and join the Democrats before it's too late.

the same dustbin that won the 2020 GF off his own boot, that one?

HEhe, you left the door wide open :).

BACK ON track, haven't seen this kid play yet, going to watch a game and see what the fuss is about, always great to see young guns dominating.

I will say, he’s not an eye catching player like JHF, Gulden etc

As he’s not overly quick.

But whether he’s tackling, kicking a goal, spoiling in the backline, or firing off handballs the eye struggles to catch, he does pretty much everything right.

And gets it 30 times a week

Really? Has Harley’s season really been commensurate with media hype? No doubt he’s going to be an absolute superstar. Power, speed, skill. He’s got it all. We’ve all seen moments in games that have taken our breath away. But is Reid’s 8 goal, 18 disposal, 4.8 clearance average season objectively that much better than Wardlaw’s 5 goal, 19 disposal, 4.9 clearance season?

I agree Id give it to Reid but not by that much. Mostly Id give it to him because I can see with my eyes Wardlaw has some limitations (kicking specifically) that Reid doesn’t have and you can trace their trajectories. But the Bradbury call is very harsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back