Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these players have served the HFC in some way. I personally wish all players who step into our club can make it at the top level. If they can't, then I thiank them for trying, and wish them every success at their new club. All in all these guys have given AFL their best shot. If it isn't good enough then son be it - but at least they have tried, which is a darn sight more than most people have down at this level.

Amazing how people just invest their faith in whatever is decided.
With the delisting of Hartung, Hawthorn members are now voicing their approval for Clarkson's New Thought to be enshrined in the Hawthorn constitution.
Clarkson now rivals Kennedy and Jeans as the most influential figures in the history of the club.
Make Benefit Glorious Club Hawthorn!
I love the club.
Clarkson is our best ever coach.
Possibly the best AFL coach ever.
you sure?

All of these players have served the HFC in some way. I personally wish all players who step into our club can make it at the top level. If they can't, then I thiank them for trying, and wish them every success at their new club. All in all these guys have given AFL their best shot. If it isn't good enough then son be it - but at least they have tried, which is a darn sight more than most people have down at this level.

i was thinking that today. In the context of footy history, Hartung played a significant number of games for the Hawks, in Brown and Gold, and becomes another beloved servant. It should feel like that for all players on the llst, and it does when you give it some thought.

I like your, "consider the other side" post. I don't agree with parts of the substance of the post but considering Billy's point of view is important.
except they aren't consider other side posts, they are Hawks suck billy rules posts

To be fair, there were a lot of detractors on this forum before he was delisted, and he certainly had his deficiencies, but yeah, I agree. When you've got blokes saying Billy didn't really have genuine pace you know the group think has really set in. I've mentioned it a few times, but if you really think Billy didn't have pace watch this:

The guy that won that sprint - finishing only one place ahead of Billy - had a 20m sprint time at draft camp of 2.76. The second fastest time ever.

FFS though, sprinting in a running race aint what someone does on a footy field.

Put a ball in his hand, ask him to show a bit of awareness, ask him to bounce, look for a teammate, decide on and prepare for disposal. Completely different act to running in a straight line.

Just watch how slow Billy was with ball in hand, how often he was tackled as he stopped to prop and kick. No change of pace, no step, no evasive skills ... for someone who can run fast in a running race, he sure was caught a lot.

except they aren't consider other side posts, they are Hawks suck billy rules posts
You are playing the man not the ball Gralin. Just because there is a difference of opinion does not make either idea wrong.
My son and I loved yelling "Run Billy Hurting" at games and on one occasion a group of kids around us joined in with all of our calls for players. It was a great day.
I am sad to see Billy leave but am also happy to see a great frustration leave with him.
As to "they are Hawks suck billy rules posts"... many of you guys smashed GilPender. It was not pretty to watch. He deserved better.

Hartung was never accepted.
His teammates have always ignored him when he's been in excellent positions, from his very first season.

I love the club.
Clarkson is our best ever coach.
Possibly the best AFL coach ever.

So in summary, best AFL coach ever routinely fields a player who nobody will pass the ball to.

I think you've convinced me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a fool is certain that what he knows is all there is to know.

Hartung is a footballer with many flaws.
That was not my point.
I think we are having two different conversations

Billy is a flawed footballer, is there any other kind? Nobody is perfect, its a question of fit for system and want to be there. For whatever reason the fit does not seem to be there with Billy and the club. Rumors that he wanted out, rumors of four year offers from clubs, he ends up delisted. I fully expect him to be picked up as a DFA just not sure by who. He's had interest from Tigers, Eagles, Lions, Saints and Dons over the last couple of years

None of that has anything to do with the shit you have spouted against the club in defense of Billy

To be fair, there were a lot of detractors on this forum before he was delisted, and he certainly had his deficiencies, but yeah, I agree. When you've got blokes saying Billy didn't really have genuine pace you know the group think has really set in. I've mentioned it a few times, but if you really think Billy didn't have pace watch this:

The guy that won that sprint - finishing only one place ahead of Billy - had a 20m sprint time at draft camp of 2.76. The second fastest time ever.

What a slug o_O! I wish i was that slow.

I think we are having two different conversations

Billy is a flawed footballer, is there any other kind? Nobody is perfect, its a question of fit for system and want to be there. For whatever reason the fit does not seem to be there with Billy and the club. Rumors that he wanted out, rumors of four year offers from clubs, he ends up delisted. I fully expect him to be picked up as a DFA just not sure by who. He's had interest from Tigers, Eagles, Lions, Saints and Dons over the last couple of years

None of that has anything to do with the shit you have spouted against the club in defense of Billy
Gralin, that is a great post about Billy. Really well said. the last line puzzles me

You are playing the man not the ball Gralin. Just because there is a difference of opinion does not make either idea wrong.
My son and I loved yelling "Run Billy Hurting" at games and on one occasion a group of kids around us joined in with all of our calls for players. It was a great day.
I am sad to see Billy leave but am also happy to see a great frustration leave with him.
As to "they are Hawks suck billy rules posts"... many of you guys smashed GilPender. It was not pretty to watch. He deserved better.

Why did he deserve better? Last night he claimed to just be giving us 'the facts' which included making up narratives where Matt Suckling came back from long term injury to 'steal' Hartung's grand final spot - conveniently ignoring that Suckling played 25 games that year.

He then went on to suggest that Suckling had 'shitty' form (despite averaging 19 touches as a rebounding defender and playing some games as the sub) - this despite him out scoring Billy by almost double in the B+F count.

Not once did he have the guts to say 'yup totally got it wrong'. I've put my foot in it half a dozen times here - each time I've happily admitted it.

When someone is pushing an agenda and making crap up to suit that agenda - they don't deserve 'better' - they deserve the hard questioning he copped.

It's eye opening to see how people are turning on Billy here now he's been delisted. If he were kept on the list everyone would be optimistic he could contribute to us in 2018,pointing out he's still young etc.

No new information has arrived about Hartung's playing ability since the end of the season, yet people seem more negative now than before...

Nah, he's got a couple of supporters and a few hopefuls, but unless you've missed reading this board the last couple years you'd know his ability, nous, courage, and future have been heavily scrutinized and questioned.
Doesn't mean all those voices are right, but then again - the coaching panel has spoken loudly by it's decision.

Personally I thought he had a much higher ceiling 2 years ago, and even as Hilly left I thought Bill had a reasonable chance to be a decent replacement.
Truth is, there's been scant real development of his game and he's much the same player as when he arrived from the draft.
That's an indictment on him, regardless of whether he's been a sub, or as some have conspiratorially suggested he gets ignored on field by teammates.

He just aint that good.

Why did he deserve better? Last night he claimed to just be giving us 'the facts' which included making up narratives where Matt Suckling came back from long term injury to 'steal' Hartung's grand final spot - conveniently ignoring that Suckling played 25 games that year.

He then went on to suggest that Suckling had 'shitty' form (despite averaging 19 touches as a rebounding defender and playing some games as the sub) - this despite him out scoring Billy by almost double in the B+F count.

Not once did he have the guts to say 'yup totally got it wrong'. I've put my foot in it half a dozen times here - each time I've happily admitted it.

When someone is pushing an agenda and making crap up to suit that agenda - they don't deserve 'better' - they deserve the hard questioning he copped.
Suckers was then sought hard by the Doggies

Who wanted Billy?

I'm really just shocked he managed to run the right way.

In his last 6 games, Suckling only had +15 possessions once!

Hartung on the other hand had 3/4 games in the low 20s when he played full games in round 20-23, then reverted to sub and finally dropped.
Hartung was dropped for one of the boys.
Hartung was not one of the boys.
Out.
Even if what you're saying is true he should have sucked it up and made it into the team - this is not a reason to not improve two years later

Clarko has gotten to the point that lots of fans think whatever he does is gold due to his record of 4 flags in 13 seasons, Arsenal fans also thought this about Arsene Wenger in 2006.

There’s plenty of fans here too who piss and moan at every bold move he’s made only to be proved wrong time and time again.

I don't agree with all Clarko moves but this year if any proves he can reflect very quickly on mistakes and re-set. The post bye game plan is case in point. I was scared Clarko might have lost a bit of his touch without Fages around early this year

I'm happy to be fired from Bigfooty for even thinking it in retrospect

With Billy im a bit on the fence I think 2016 he was actually out performing b.hill first half of the season and was very stiff to get dropped. . This yr I expected him to approve with hilly departure but he continued to make the same mistakes. That being said simply bring in impey and delist Billy does not increase our lack of speed.
I more puzzled that willsmore is getting another crack over billy. He looked just as soft in his only afl games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back