Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his last 6 games, Suckling only had +15 possessions once!

Hartung on the other hand had 3/4 games in the low 20s when he played full games in round 20-23, then reverted to sub and finally dropped.
Hartung was dropped for one of the boys.
Hartung was not one of the boys.
Out.

Hawthorn places a premium on decision making and disposal. Hartung's decision making is questionable at best (I won't miss the sight of him getting the ball and continually turning away from goals). On the other hand, Suckling's disposal is elite which could cut teams open by breaking through the zone. I never saw a player break the zone by running backwards.

And if ALL the coaches and players didn't like him, is there not a chance it was something HE was doing to turn people away. Typical of this generation though - blame anyone but yourself.

Can’t think of one hawks delisting ever really that has come back to haunt us. Suspect this continues..
Sam Menegola? Or do we wait and see on him?

Hartung was dropped for one of the boys.
Hartung was not one of the boys.
Out.
Actually, it wasnt that he wasnt one of the boys, its that he was a liability then, and continues to be so now. Being a squib not so much an issue for mine.

Decision making - simply a faily. Puny underdeveloped, inexperienced body, ready to be smashed in a physical game? - tick. Cant carry a passenger like that into a GF. Simple

People didnt pass to him because he'd often be in terrible positions. Watch how man times HE would turn things into a cluster**** because he calls for the ball in a worse position than the ball carrier. Or he passes to a player 3 metres away and about to be tackled. He simply could be trusted because he was a liability, and he just didnt learn. Why would a player pass to him, knowing hes a good chance to **** it up? He was not the best option. Its that simple.
You see exactly the same thing with just about all new, unproven players, even in good position. It happens in every team, but it happened so long because Billy was so slow in improving, or to be less kind, was a liability.

I actually thought he played far too many games at the top level given his shortcoming. Yes, im saying, he was actually favoured by being gifted games when he didnt deserve them. Could run well at times, but what else? Never delivered on the faith shown in him, so ultimately, very little return on investment. Now its time to cut our losses and give some of the other young guns in the wings a crack.

Billys development was too slow, and from that point of view he was a list clogger. Iimpairing the development and opportunity of the other players on the list, and our team structure.

Still, given some of the love on here, its going to be interesting to see the tears on the other cheek if he gets picked up by another team. Haven forbid the cries of betrayal if he ends up on a list like the Syds, and it becomes obvious we were played. Ha! No loss in my opinion though. Let him go mine someone elses village.

SO I just looked at the stats.. played 20 games in 2015, including the pre-lim, then dropped for the GF. Ouch.

Pretty brutal.

I would have had a massive chip on my shoulder after that. Even to the point of being spiteful to the coaching & selections...a big FU & I can't wait to leave type thing.

I didn't realise he played so many games....no coming back.
Carlton bound

There are a lot of people posting on here like they know the true ins and out of the situation of Hartung delisting
" the contract he was offered wasn't to his liking"
" he was soft and a trouble maker"
" a sook"
Etc etc etc
I put it that those same people know **** all
Just as I know **** all
I'm very disappointed in his delisting but the carry on by some so called switched on " people" in this thread is pretty shit
Some of the personal stuff is pretty ordinary and more disappointing
You’ve got a fair chip in your shoulder lately Glacier.
I don’t recall your posting being this bad.

You admit you know fcuk all but claim that everyone else also knows fcuk all.
Some clearly know nothing, others do know some things.

If you are going to get yourself so worked up about it, do yourself a favour & stop reading

Menegola will only haunt a hawks supporter if he’s hiding in The Haunted House at The Royal Show.
Even then I doubt he will

Exactly, Menegola is JAM - Just Another Midfielder.
Josh Caddy is a typical example.

Every club has 2 or 3 of them, midfielders who occasionally play a good game or kick a couple of goals, and usually against weak opposition, but supporters will say "why the hell didn't we draft him/why did we let him go?".

GilPender
Do you think Billy should delist his manager?
He obviously stuffed up,If Billy had signed up and then requested a trade as a contracted player he would have had a better outcome for Hawthorn and Billy.
Now he is left looking for the best life line on lower dollars

GilPender
Do you think Billy should delist his manager?
He obviously stuffed up,If Billy had signed up and then requested a trade as a contracted player he would have had a better outcome for Hawthorn and Billy.
Now he is left looking for the best life line on lower dollars

So Billy embraced his manager, but his manager didn't embrace him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

neither. only on Big Footy have i read this.

Wasn't it he who said at the beginning of the year that he wanted to wait until the end of the season before signing a new contract

You’ve got a fair chip in your shoulder lately Glacier.
I don’t recall your posting being this bad.

You admit you know fcuk all but claim that everyone else also knows fcuk all.
Some clearly know nothing, others do know some things.

If you are going to get yourself so worked up about it, do yourself a favour & stop reading
Yep
I'm pissed off lately

Billy overvalued himself, he thought he was worth more than the clubs valuation. and if he was right, he would have been traded, but other clubs weren't willing to pay what he thought he was worth either. With Morrison stepping up, Glass could easily become a handy, and speedy winger. I don't think we will miss Hartung.
Exactly, hartung was one dimensional and we have more players on our list that have versatility which is the blueprint for clarko to revolve our gameplan around. We build up the tank of some players who can fill the void and we will be fine.

Just as I thought Hartung was developing.

His finished off the season with probably his best football.

26 disposals at 76% against North
32 disposals at 78%, including 10 contested, against Carlton
23 disposals at 74% against the Bulldogs
Carlton game summed up billy at his best (5 bounce assist to rough) and worst (missing ball from free kick turning it over)

What proof do you have of this and why, if true, did it transpire?

He has nothing. He is trying to pass off that he has some gleaning of inside happenings in the football club but can't remember what happened to our side in 2015.

Hartung was never accepted.
Routinely played as sub, then dropped.
Then played through the finals and dropped for the Grand Final.
Shopped around for 3 years straight - Hartung chose to stay at the club each time.
His teammates have always ignored him when he's been in excellent positions, from his very first season.
Supporters have made him a whipping boy, despite having improved in every single year he's been at the club.

Those are the facts.
Hawthorn did not embrace Billy Hartung.
Could not lay a tackle to save himself happy to embrace people who can. Played as sub and missed gf for this reason alone just ask the crows how one way players go on gf day

Yeah, so his manager is 'that' Scott lucas isn't it? The one from the scum?

Don't know who else he manages beside Billy and Ty. Not sure I care to know more.

Anyways, Billy will be good for someone else I'm sure. We move on.

You don't have to like him.
The coaches and players didn't.

My only contention is that Hawthorn did not embrace Hartung, but Hartung tried very hard to embrace Hawthorn.
We shopped him around for 3 years.

Not a question of 'liking' or embracing...he was not good enough, poor tackler, finds it difficult to break a tackle, sub par skill execution and weak at the contest...but an elite runner...too many deficiencies many Hawthorn fans can see it unlike yourself, as can Clarkson which is why he is delisted...accept decision and onwards and forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back