Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it he actually had 1st place in the bag, but pulled back when he realised he would have to make physical contact to break the tape at the finish line.

Yeah, not the hardest guy on our team, but wingers often aren't these days, been a long time since Dipper terrorised the opposition on a wing. Billy had improved his contested possession averages this year, and averaged more contested possessions - with a higher disposal efficiency - than Freemantle's 2017 B&F winner who used to go alright for us on a wing. One of our odder delistings in recent times IMO if you ignore the chatter about contract negotiations gone wrong.

If he wanted more than the club thought he was worth, I'm happy with the decision from that point of view, but doesn't mean letting go a still improving 22 year old with both pace and endurance isn't going to be something we look back on with regret, especially as we've let two such players go in successive years.

Yeah, not the hardest guy on our team, but wingers often aren't these days, been a long time since Dipper terrorised the opposition on a wing. Billy had improved his contested possession averages this year, and averaged more contested possessions - with a higher disposal efficiency - than Freemantle's 2017 B&F winner who used to go alright for us on a wing. One of our odder delistings in recent times IMO if you ignore the chatter about contract negotiations gone wrong.

If he wanted more than the club thought he was worth, I'm happy with the decision from that point of view, but doesn't mean letting go a still improving 22 year old with both pace and endurance isn't going to be something we look back on with regret, especially as we've let two such players go in successive years.
I was just stirring crap. I agree he had improved as the year went on. I wouldn’t have the foggiest what goes on within the four walls of the club, but I wasn’t the least bit surprised by Billy’s delisting.

I noticed that when billy wasnt playing izzy was getting taged and we got shut down hard on the outide and looked slow, you could see billys mind racing when he had ball in hand but you could at least see his intent to try and make the right desicion. I think he was schooled to much and damaged his confidence abit, just look at his tac highlights before we drafted him and you could see why we wanted him, he was a confident player then . Good luck izzy!! :drunk:

Stewart didnt do much wrong either, was a consistent performer for box hill probably averaged at least 6 tackles a game, tough and had a beautiful kicking action and i thought he reminded me of breaust when he started out.

both of these kids shouldve been in the brown and gold for at least another year, now im nervous that these guys will florish at their new clubs :'(

:thumbsdown::huh:

Billy embraced Hawthorn, but Hawthorn didn't embrace Billy.
Coaches. Players. Supporters.
Facts.

Hawthorn embraced Brian Lake and everyone said he was a very different cat.

What made the world not embrace Hartung?

If he wouldn't sign a contract we don't have much choice
we got Hendo as a DFA last year because he refused to sign with Adelaide and we didn't try and trade with them knowing we could just get him for free afterwards

The rumblings are that he had offers and wasn't interested in staying, when DFA kicks off it will be interesting to see who picks him up as I expect he's already agreed to go somewhere

if thats true then he intentionally is trying to screw over HFC in favour of his new club, he lost his moral high-ground right there...

if thats true then he intentionally is trying to screw over HFC in favour of his new club, he lost his moral high-ground right there...
We did the same to crows, could have tried to trade for Hendo but didn't

If he wouldn't sign a contract we don't have much choice
we got Hendo as a DFA last year because he refused to sign with Adelaide and we didn't try and trade with them knowing we could just get him for free afterwards

The rumblings are that he had offers and wasn't interested in staying, when DFA kicks off it will be interesting to see who picks him up as I expect he's already agreed to go somewhere
CFFE834E-951C-4B94-AA19-165740000038.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no-one ever claimed hendo had a moral high-ground... whereas the idea billy embraced hawthorn, but hawthorn didnt embrace billy seems a bit over-the-top
I don't know what ended up happening with Billy but perhaps the club that pried him loose just refused to trade, or perhaps nobody was really interested and he got some bad advise

Either way he's not a Hawk anymore, I do think moral high ground is more a supporter/big footy thing than an actual football thing

I noticed that when billy wasnt playing izzy was getting taged and we got shut down hard on the outide and looked slow, you could see billys mind racing when he had ball in hand but you could at least see his intent to try and make the right desicion. I think he was schooled to much and damaged his confidence abit, just look at his tac highlights before we drafted him and you could see why we wanted him, he was a confident player then . Good luck izzy!! :drunk:

Stewart didnt do much wrong either, was a consistent performer for box hill probably averaged at least 6 tackles a game, tough and had a beautiful kicking action and i thought he reminded me of breaust when he started out.

both of these kids shouldve been in the brown and gold for at least another year, now im nervous that these guys will florish at their new clubs :'(

:thumbsdown::huh:

Unlike all players? Stewart will be in the WAFL next season.

There are a lot of people posting on here like they know the true ins and out of the situation of Hartung delisting
" the contract he was offered wasn't to his liking"
" he was soft and a trouble maker"
" a sook"
Etc etc etc
I put it that those same people know **** all
Just as I know **** all
I'm very disappointed in his delisting but the carry on by some so called switched on " people" in this thread is pretty shit
Some of the personal stuff is pretty ordinary and more disappointing

Hartung was never accepted.
Routinely played as sub, then dropped.
Then played through the finals and dropped for the Grand Final.
Shopped around for 3 years straight - Hartung chose to stay at the club each time.
His teammates have always ignored him when he's been in excellent positions, from his very first season.
Supporters have made him a whipping boy, despite having improved in every single year he's been at the club.

Those are the facts.
Hawthorn did not embrace Billy Hartung.

Shopped around for 3 years straight - Hartung chose to stay at the club each time.
His teammates have always ignored him when he's been in excellent positions, from his very first season.
Supporters have made him a whipping boy, despite having improved in every single year he's been at the club.

Those are the facts.
No good using facts mate
Some posters on here would rather personally denigrate a guy for their own sport

Those are the facts.

He got dropped from the grand final because Gunston came back from injury and Schoenmakers was a better matchup on the day. Based on the results - wouldn't you agree it was the right decision?

Yes he played the sub role back when it made sense to have a speedy player come on when players were tiring. Hill and Smith were ahead of him - because Hill and Smith are better players.

I know it hurts seeing someone you are friends with/related to getting delisted - but try not to make up narratives here.

Yes he played the sub role back when it made sense to have a speedy player come on when players were tiring. Hill and Smith were ahead of him - because Hill and Smith are better players.

I know it hurts seeing someone you are friends with/related to getting delisted - but try not to make up narratives here.
Suckling was the sub, so Hartung was dropped for Suckling who was out for an extended period through injury.
Hartung was the safer option as he was fully fit and a better runner, for what was a warm day.
Just the facts.

Hartung might be a hound dog, but he ain't no friend of mine.

Suckling was the sub, so Hartung was dropped for Suckling...who was out for an extended period through injury.
Hartung was the safer option as he was fully fit and a better runner, for what was a warm day.
Just the facts.

What on earth are you talking about?? Suckling played 25 games in 2015 including all the finals. He got moved to the sub position. Suckling ended up getting 8 touches and a goal in the last quarter - not a bad day out.

And we won that grand final by 46 points - so retrospectively questioning team selection is ****ing baffling.

Those are the facts.

1- As a young player finding his way in an extremely strong side
2- Dropped for Gunston
3- We knew he had deficiencies that weren't likely to be corrected and tried to get something decent for him before other clubs realised it too
4- Hadn't noticed this, but maybe they didn't have the confidence in him to make the right decision if given the ball

Suckling was the sub, so Hartung was dropped for Suckling who was out for an extended period through injury.
Just the facts.

Yeah nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back