Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough call when your AFL franchise sold out and lied to the Magpie Members to get the Prince of Wales and the pokies licence. Here's the One Club proposal -
http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2010-10-26/one-club-questions-answered
Note where it says that The Magpies will never be an AFL reserves team....nekminnit.......Only took a few years to turn that one around. So while you're discussing "fake clubs"....
Also a bit rough to pick out possible dodgy dealings of an ex Glenelg player when you've got Dave Granger and John Cahill at Port.
Mirrors mate, buy one.

Nobodies buying it mate. The 6 people that believe this shit can meet you down on Oxford Tce over a butcher.

I said it's a great thing to convert those soccer, basketball, netball, tennis followers into following one of the new franchises on the block. That Showbag Prez of yours is doing a great job in promoting your franchise? It's a complement he is now teaching the Chinese about football so they can become true Ozzie rules fans, well at least after they learn what it is!
Fortunately for us the "new" supporters look at us as a progressive club, which we have been since 1870. The fact that we were instrumental in the formation of the SAFA, which became the SANFL, regularly toured the nation in the 19th century, won four Championships of Australia, initiated SA's move to the AFL and eventually won the licence to be the second SA based team, underlies this.

Unfortunately for the Crows these new supporters look at you as an artificial soulless entity designed to raise money for 8 failing SANFL clubs and a club that has been fined $300,000 and stripped draft picks for cheating.

Unless you are indoctrinated by people who support this soulless cheating organization most new supporters would support Port Adelaide. This is highlighted by the fact that we officially have more AFL members than the Crows.

Fortunately for us the "new" supporters look at us as a progressive club, which we have been since 1870. The fact that we were instrumental in the formation of the SAFA, which became the SANFL, regularly toured the nation in the 19th century, won four Championships of Australia, initiated SA's move to the AFL and eventually won the licence to be the second SA based team, underlies this.

Unfortunately for the Crows these new supporters look at you as an artificial soulless entity designed to raise money for 8 failing SANFL clubs and a club that has been fined $300,000 and stripped draft picks for cheating.

Unless you are indoctrinated by people who support this soulless cheating organization most new supporters would support Port Adelaide. This is highlighted by the fact that we officially have more AFL members than the Crows.
So anyway has Ken been found out?

If Port do not make the top 8 this year, Hinkley will be safe. Kochie and the Power PR Team will sell it to their members as a bad year caused by the WADA sanctions of Ryder and Monfries.

And their supporters will nod their head in agreement as Kochie has spoken and all will be well again.

Not all of them will nod their head

I thought this was Big footy, we talk about football. There actually are 17 other clubs than your own, and if their weren't you'd have nothing to discuss. You'd have no one to play! What a strange post mate?
Yes, but your call was bagging the weakness of Port fans, when you chose the soft option.

The Crows are frothing at the mouth, like starving, feral dogs. Why the angst? It all means nothing coming from a trainwreck franchise like the afc.

Take your insecurities to Bay 13, you plebs.

Of course Crows fans are loving the Power struggling - it's one of the joys of following football when your enemy starts flailing. The same would happen (as has) when the Crows are crap. Don't pretend it's one way.

As far as the franchise jibes go, we don't care. We know what you think the Power stand for - we don't revere Port Adelaide or the Power - we understand you guys do, but so what?

If you guys want to try and demean the AFC for whatever reason, we don't care about your opinion on our club - the same as you don;t care about our opinion of yours.

But the topic is Ken, and has he been found out?

I think Ken Hinkley is a really good motivator and leader, but he seems to have lost a lot of strategic weight from the box and is now having problems with injuries. From the outside people often mistake the head-coach as the brains behind the method ... when often that is not their role. Power probably need to stick to what they have changed and ride it out - a bit like Ross is going to have to do with Freo. Is Burgess over-training the players? Some in the industry think so, but I guess that will play itself out and we will know before too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows are frothing at the mouth, like starving, feral dogs. Why the angst? It all means nothing coming from a trainwreck franchise like the afc.

Take your insecurities to Bay 13, you plebs.
Given what we went through with Sando ie a good motivator and spruiker for the club but poor tactician with little actual coaching nous we have a fairly good point of view of what you guys are going through with Hinkley.

Sando had his "spike" in 2012. Followed by two poor years. Hinkleys had his spike and is now in a poor period. Interesting that both spikes coincided with great assistants by their side in Bailey, Richo and Walsh.

Luckily we got rid of our salesman coach before the rot set in. Both Walsh and Pyke could not be any different to the salesman that Sando and Hinkley are.

We'll see how long this lasts and if its sustainable or a passing fad, bit like The Big Bash, full of tinsel and glitter for the easily distracted.

Given what we went through with Sando ie a good motivator and spruiker for the club but poor tactician with little actual coaching nous we have a fairly good point of view of what you guys are going through with Hinkley.

Sando had his "spike" in 2012. Followed by two poor years. Hinkleys had his spike and is now in a poor period. Interesting that both spikes coincided with great assistants by their side in Bailey, Richo and Walsh.

Luckily we got rid of our salesman coach before the rot set in. Both Walsh and Pyke could not be any different to the salesman that Sando and Hinkley are.
Here i was thinking you got rid of Sando because he was trying to sell himself to the players WAGs?

Why would I want the power to fail?

As long as we beat them every time we play them I want Power to succeed.

It's great for the state, makes kids in SA want to play football, grassroots gets bigger, everything is stronger!!

And I enjoy watching live football so will go and see a few Power games at AO during the year - I want to see good footy.

Why would I want the power to fail?

As long as we beat them every time we play them I want Power to succeed.

It's great for the state, makes kids in SA want to play football, grassroots gets bigger, everything is stronger!!

And I enjoy watching live football so will go and see a few Power games at AO during the year - I want to see good footy.
Who said you wanted Port to fail? ??

Arguing with a strawman, are you?

Here i was thinking you got rid of Sando because he was trying to sell himself to the players WAGs?
And here I was thinking only Crowies were taking this conversation to Bay 13 levels.

Anyway, my point is what I saw with us in 2013/14 is happening to you guys now.

Hinkley and Sando are nothing alike, imo.

For starters, Hinkley's a legend...

I also think Hinkley erred on recruiting Dixon, a few of the leaders of the suns have publicly stated that Dixon and Bennel as good as players they were, had serious off feild issues. Personally if Dixon came cheap enough you would grab him, but with what was given up and what it is rumooured his pay packet is, Itssounding like Crazzzzy Vossy must have been involved in that one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back