Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

don't get port-fans chubby for hating Ken

9-6 is about right for port
I’ll put it in context you might understand
In place of Koch 2013, Hinkley 2013, Port Adelaide fans, Tredrea 2024
put the words
Gale 2007, Hardwick 2009, Richmond fans, Monteath 2016.

Now imagine Richmond didn’t win premierships ……

How would you have felt? Would you still have backed Hardwick until 2019, given another extension, then 2021, then another one?

the Port vs Dogs game is big for both coaches

It's been big for both coaches before

You flogged us by an AFL record margin in our home prelim. Then we parlayed it into a 0-5 start.

And STILL Bevo copped more heat than daddy shitnuts Hinkley

The team that finished top 4 in 3 of the last 4 years? And was supposed to have improved by getting an extra years development into JHF, Rozee and butters? And added "missing pieces of the puzzle" in the off season?

In the mid table log jam? Squeaking past a bottom 4 side after getting belted by 14 goals last week? That's "about right"? When the coach says it's the best list ever? You're full of shit. The club would have been aiming for a grand final at minimum and has failed dismally. You don't get to change the goalposts halfway through the season and say the list is now shit.
It's not over yet big fella. Not by a long shot. I fear Kenny in the finals. Reckon he has something up his sleeve....

With all the protection from the media that ken gets from Melbourne, surely it’s because they are scared that if hinkley is eventually replaced, Port will all of a sudden be fair dinkum and play a brand of football that can make us a serious flag contender. They don’t want that cup to leave their precious state 💩

Crows are huge despite their lack of success.
When they win a flag you'll see they're like West Coast in terms of being a juggernaut.
And yet, no premiership in the last 26 seasons, not even a finals appearance, soon to be in the last 7 seasons. You implied all it takes is being a huge financially successful club to win premierships, yet, you're giving some real bad examples.
Collingwood - biggest club in Australia.
Port Adelaide - little battler club from Alberton.
What's your point? Collingwood haven't been super successful in the last 65 seasons, Hawthorn who are much smaller than Collingwood have been much superior in the last 65 seasons, 13 premierships to Collingwood's 3. It should be the opposite with what you were getting at with all it takes is financially superior clubs.
They're based in rugby league heartland and several key players wanted to head home to Victoria.
Brisbane won 3 premierships in a row in the rugby league heartland, Sydney won 2 in 8 seasons, you're just moving the goal posts.
Buckley coached there for a decade without winning any silverware. He was given a farewell game and standing ovation by the Collingwood faithful. Pies fans still love him.
But who is saying that getting rid of Buckley as coach was a mistake? Obviously we don't see you or anybody demanding he should have stayed.
Stability and carbon neutrality are priorities at Port.
AFL HQ need a game in SA every week and they can't risk Port going under, 2011-2012 is still fresh in the minds of many.
That is true, but Port were much more successful on the field only 5-8 seasons before Kenny arrived, which would help Port financially as well if they were able to actually start competing for a premiership instead of purposely wasting time with a dud coach.
Port fans need to look at the Ricciuto situation at the Crows, and realise they are likely to end up with a situation like that at their own club if Tredrea gets to have a similar level of power and influence.
Port need more people like Tredrea, or else they'll be like St Kilda.

don't get port-fans chubby for hating Ken

9-6 is about right for port
Because Port have a dud coach who won't win them a premiership, and it's been 12 seasons going onto 13. It's pretty obvious why they'd be up in arms, they wasted over a decade and they continue to intentionally. Not to mention Port look like they're not going to win many more games, this season, since they can't beat contender teams, they barely beat a 15th placed team and the coach was acting like it was his grand final where he was crying, he knows he maybe at the end.

Because Port have a dud coach who won't win them a premiership, and it's been 12 seasons going onto 13. It's pretty obvious why they'd be up in arms, they wasted over a decade and they continue to intentionally. Not to mention Port look like they're not going to win many more games, this season, since they can't beat contender teams, they barely beat a 15th placed team and the coach was acting like it was his grand final where he was crying, he knows he maybe at the end.

do you really think a new coach will take them to the promise land, or perhaps this list build has hit a ceiling? I think Port are a step behind the best teams, and 2020 / 2021 was probably their best years to win a premiership (they were a bees dick from a GF in 2020 & I think would have beaten Geelong)

can't be mad at Ken - it is 100% incumbent on the board / executive to move him in on if he is not the right man for the job, so all vitriol should be directed there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you really think a new coach will take them to the promise land, or perhaps this list build has hit a ceiling? I think Port are a step behind the best teams, and 2020 / 2021 was probably their best years to win a premiership (they were a bees dick from a GF in 2020 & I think would have beaten Geelong)

can't be mad at Ken - it is 100% incumbent on the board / executive to move him in on if he is not the right man for the job, so all vitriol should be directed there

Ken has called this “the best list he’s ever coached”, so he doesn’t get to pass the buck.

On your second point, there is plenty of vitriol to go around, don’t worry about that. Chairman, board, CEO, head of football have all been copping it for years. Given the aforementioned wrote a $1.5 million cheque to a coach who had clearly fired all of his shots, it’s richly deserved.

do you really think a new coach will take them to the promise land,
Depends who they get, Collingwood obviously are a fine example of changing management and getting to the promise land quickly only in 2 years, going from 17th to premier.
or perhaps this list build has hit a ceiling?
Yeah, and Collingwood must have hit the ceiling, too, in 2021.
I think Port are a step behind the best teams, and 2020 / 2021 was probably their best years to win a premiership (they were a bees dick from a GF in 2020 & I think would have beaten Geelong)
Not really, Port were convincingly beaten by Richmond in the 2020 prelim. Richmond had 10 more scoring shots but for some reason only won by 6 points. Hinkley had 2 one in the lifetime chances in a row in 2020 and 2021 with home ground advantage and tired traveling teams, and he blew it. Clearly he's incapable of coaching a team to a grand final, let alone a premiership.
Should be both. Hinkley put himself ahead of Port's success on many occasions.

Firstly, apologies for the extra notification spam to these posters.

However these are from page 2 of this thread back in 2016. 8 years ago.

8 years ago the same issues we are facing now were being picked apart by opposition supporters.

8 years later and we still play the same game style, face the same issues and the same outcomes. Literally not a single element of our game plan has changed since these comments.

The assistants have changed, the players have changed. Yet 8 years later we face the same issue. At some point it has to be acknowledged that this is only due to one thing. The coach.

The coach cannot implement an effective game plan. Cannot implement an effective forward line and does not have a tactical bone in his body.

How long is enough!! 8 years for gods sake and we are still banging our heads against the wall with this same nonsense! It’s no wonder we are all getting restless and to breaking point.

We also only made finals once between 2015-2019. So we don’t even have success in season to explain how he survived past this point.

I don't know enough about the workings of Port but from what I see they don't seem to have much system going on forward of centre. It's bomb and hope.

i think Kinkley is an old school coach who wouldn't really keep up or care for the tactical side of hte modern game, his pre games speeches would simply be "ok we must play tough, hard footy today, i want a 4 quarter effort, nothing less"

which isn't a bad thing as such, but since the modern game relies mostly on tactics now, it would hurt him.

looks like port surrounded hinkley with great assistants and minds for the game (walsh,richardson) because he doesnt seem to have any real tactics or structure

Why is it that 8 years ago the opposition could acknowledge these flaws. Yet now, it’s all oh he’s a great coach and port should be lucky. The only correct response to that is that opposition know he’s useless and Port have become a laughing stock of the league with our inability to make the right call, fans are being mocked by the media and opposition and lastly losing interest in droves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back