Ken Hinkley has a better win percentage than Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows would have sacked Hinkley at the end of 2016. Similar coaching record to Neil Craig too.
I don't think Hinkley is a bad coach.

He is only criticized because port are pissed off they haven't Made a grand final in his tenure.

I am a long suffering Freo fan since 2001. Dockers just went through a 6 year period of no finals from 2016-21.

Sure , some dockers fans want Justin Longmuir to leave if dockers don't make finals in 2023.

But if Hinkley is available, I would be happy to have Hinkley as Dockers men's coach next season.

If Hinkley has a similar finals run at Freo like he did at port from 2013-21, I would take it.

It would crap in most stuff Freo has achieved between 1995-2011.

5 finals wins from 9-10 years isn't bad.

I don't think Hinkley is a bad coach.

He is only criticized because port are pissed off they haven't Made a grand final in his tenure.

I am a long suffering Freo fan since 2001. Dockers just went through a 6 year period of no finals from 2016-21.

Sure , some dockers fans want Justin Longmuir to leave if dockers don't make finals in 2023.

But if Hinkley is available, I would be happy to have Hinkley as Dockers men's coach next season.

If Hinkley has a similar finals run at Freo like he did at port from 2013-21, I would take it.

It would crap in most stuff Freo has achieved between 1995-2011.

5 finals wins from 9-10 years isn't bad.
Why wouldn't you trust him to coach the women?

Ken Hinkley is an Original Handbagger prior to the Handbaggers getting on the juice. Maybe he needs to get on the juice but I reckon Ken would be afraid of needles and they wouldn't be able to find a vein.

Wow you posted about something other than Victorian corruption.

Last edited:
Ken Hinkley is an Original Handbagger prior to the Handbaggers getting on the juice. Maybe he needs to get on the juice but I reckon Ken would be afraid of needles and they wouldn't be able to find a vein.
Agreed. Ken Hinkley was an original Handbagger.

You know who was an original Handbagger?

Damian 🥁 drum. He started his playing career at the cats.

He then became Freo coach in 1999

Do footy fans think Hinkley deserves another contract? Or do they think his time at Port is up?

I know Port fans want Hinkley gone but I haven't seen a lot of opinions from neutrals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign him up.

5 years and go from there.
Does Hinkley still drink cans of Pepsi Max during games? I haven't seen him drinking it since the Showdown. Also I've heard Gold Coast are interested in Hinkley as they rate his coaching ability and won't want an untried coach in the seat once Dew departs.

I was surprised to see his win percentage is better than Ross Lyon's too. Not only that but Hinkley has a better win percentage than Mark Williams as well.

Does Hinkley still drink cans of Pepsi Max during games? I haven't seen him drinking it since the Showdown. Also I've heard Gold Coast are interested in Hinkley as they rate his coaching ability and won't want an untried coach in the seat once Dew departs.

I was surprised to see his win percentage is better than Ross Lyon's too. Not only that but Hinkley has a better win percentage than Mark Williams as well.

He took a victory can in the last quarter vs the dogs. It's the source of his coaching power and is never too far away.

2 X Coach of the year.

Lyon, C.Scott and Clarkson have 1 combined
Great example of why popularity contest awards are useless.

I can understand why he got one earlier in his career taking over from Primus, but he received coach of the year again in 2020, presumably for exceeding expectations. Only problem with that is the expectations were only so low because of his poor coaching the previous five years. You shouldn't get extra credit for fixing problems when you were the one who created those problems.

2 X Coach of the year.

Lyon, C.Scott and Clarkson have 1 combined

Crazy isnt it?

Phil Jackson won 11 NBA titles as a coach.

6 with the Chicago Bulls: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998.

5 with Los Angeles Lakers: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.

He was voted coach of the year only once. That was 1996, when the bulls posted a 72 win and 10 loss record. Jackson should of been coach of the year in 1997 with that 69 win and 13 record, but strangely didnt get that.

I think for his next contract with port he needs to be paid more.
Is it six wins in a row now??
And look at the way dimma and Chris Scott are going this year
Kens on track for his third coach of the year award!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley has a better win percentage than Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back